Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. (7995 Views)

Pictures of Chinese Automobiles Copied From Other Brands / Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. / Chinese Automobiles: Lifan - New Chinese Car Brand In Nigeria, How Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by swtchicgurl: 12:07pm On Sep 28, 2012
please i need your advice on suzuki autos, especially grand vitara.

They are not as popular as hondas, toyotas, kias, hyundias on the nigeria roads, but i think they are a very good and strong product too.

So, what do you think about suzuki relating to nigerian roads, cost, maintenance and durability,

thanks, comments pls.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by swtchicgurl: 2:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
please, if you use suzuki, u can share your experiences and challenges too cheesy
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by jeezybuck: 9:12am On Oct 03, 2012
What i know about Suzuki is BAJAJ (OKADA)has kicked them out of play. grin grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by swtchicgurl: 11:15am On Oct 03, 2012
jeezybuck: What i know about Suzuki is BAJAJ (OKADA)has kicked them out of play. grin grin grin

i was glad i finally found some help., guess i was wrong.
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by jeezybuck: 11:54am On Oct 03, 2012
swtchicgurl:

i was glad i finally found some help., guess i was wrong.

LOL you got me laughing. I was kidding with that anyway.
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by ba7man(m): 11:56am On Oct 03, 2012
Suzuki makes very good cars that are easy to maintain and good to drive. They are often underrated but that helps buyers b'cos they end up being cheaper than rivals so value for money is guaranteed. If you are buying it used make sure you know where to get parts and their general costing,also go with a male that knows about cars in good condition+a trusted mechanic. By the time u find out the cost of a new engine and gearbox you'll b able to figure out the affordability of the rest parts. Its a good, affordable alternative if you're tired of Toyotas and Hondas.
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
Suzuki is a good brand, but their range is limited. Whilst Toyota, Honda And Nissan have similar models in their ranges, Suzuki is trailing behind.

*Small supermini - Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Nissan Sunny,
Suzuki Alto, Kia Picanto, Hyundai i10.
*Medium family - Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Nissan Primera, Kia Rio / Magentis, Hyundai Elantra, Suzuki Baleno.
*Large / luxury sedan - Toyota Avalon, Honda / Acura Legend, Nissan Maxima, Kia Optima, Hyundai Sonata.
*Crossover SUV - Toyota RAV-4, Honda CR-V, Nissan Xterra, Kia Sportage, Hyundai Tuscon, Suzuki Vitara.
*Large SUV - Toyota Land Cruiser, Nissan Pathfinder, Kia Sorrento, Hyundai Santa Fei.
*Pick-up truck - Toyota Hilux, Honda Ridgeline, Nissan Navara.
*Minibus - Toyota Sienna, Honda Stream, Nissan Almera Tino, Kia Sedona, Hyundai Trajet,
Suzuki APV**.
*Small commercial van - Toyota Lite Ace, Nissan Vannette.
*Medium commercial van - Toyota Hiace, Nissan Urvan.
*Large commercial van - Toyota Coaster, Nissan Civillian.

Looking at the above, you can see the Suzuki is pretty sparse as a brand, when it comes to multi-class, and that won't help popularity in Nigeria, or any other African country. They're reliable, but that's just not enough to over shadow rivals. Kia and Hyundai are relatively new, yet their range is way more diverse than longer-established Suzuki.

** Japan / Indonesia only.
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by ba7man(m): 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
@Siena. Lol. I almost added that she should get further information from you while writing that post. You forgot to add the swift, I lyk that car. @Swtchicgirl. That means that options aren't much concerning Suzuki branded cars.
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by tampa1871: 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2012
Be careful on the model you are buying, some are true Suzuki like Sidekick, Vitara and the XL-7 while others are just rebagged like the Verona, Forenza, Aerio and Reno. All those are made by Daewood for Suzuki. But the true Suzukis are very rugged, durable and reliable, they consume less gass and easy to maintain.
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by swtchicgurl: 12:35pm On Oct 04, 2012
Siena: Suzuki is a good brand, but their range is limited. Whilst Toyota, Honda And Nissan have similar models in their ranges, Suzuki is trailing behind.

*Small supermini - Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Nissan Sunny,
Suzuki Alto, Kia Picanto, Hyundai i10.
*Medium family - Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Nissan Primera, Kia Rio / Magentis, Hyundai Elantra, Suzuki Baleno.
*Large / luxury sedan - Toyota Avalon, Honda / Acura Legend, Nissan Maxima, Kia Optima, Hyundai Sonata.
*Crossover SUV - Toyota RAV-4, Honda CR-V, Nissan Xterra, Kia Sportage, Hyundai Tuscon, Suzuki Vitara.
*Large SUV - Toyota Land Cruiser, Nissan Pathfinder, Kia Sorrento, Hyundai Santa Fei.
*Pick-up truck - Toyota Hilux, Honda Ridgeline, Nissan Navara.
*Minibus - Toyota Sienna, Honda Stream, Nissan Almera Tino, Kia Sedona, Hyundai Trajet,
Suzuki APV**.
*Small commercial van - Toyota Lite Ace, Nissan Vannette.
*Medium commercial van - Toyota Hiace, Nissan Urvan.
*Large commercial van - Toyota Coaster, Nissan Civillian.

Looking at the above, you can see the Suzuki is pretty sparse as a brand, when it comes to multi-class, and that won't help popularity in Nigeria, or any other African country. They're reliable, but that's just not enough to over shadow rivals. Kia and Hyundai are relatively new, yet their range is way more diverse than longer-established Suzuki.

** Japan / Indonesia only.

many many thanks siena! cheesy i particularly like grand vitara! if its durable and affordable, then its a yes for me! i'm tired of toyota and honda (tho' hey're very good too), i prefer something not so common. smiley do u have any idea of the price new/ fairly used?

@ba7man and tampa, many thanks too
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by jeezybuck: 6:52am On Oct 05, 2012
swtchicgurl i was not included in the Thanks list, I contributed at least sad sad sad
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by timbros(m): 10:23am On Oct 05, 2012
jeezybuck: swtchicgurl i was not included in the Thanks list, I contributed at least sad sad sad

lol...You had the FIRST opportunity to contribute but you messed up big time and now you need a "Thank you"?
Sorry bro...lol again
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by swtchicgurl: 10:54am On Oct 05, 2012
jeezybuck: swtchicgurl i was not included in the Thanks list, I contributed at least sad sad sad

ok, thanks! smiley

timbros:

lol...You had the FIRST opportunity to contribute but you messed up big time and now you need a "Thank you"?
Sorry bro...lol again

no thanks lipsrsealed except you contribute tongue
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by jeezybuck: 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
swtchicgurl:

ok, thanks! smiley

no thanks lipsrsealed except you contribute tongue

OK toyotas are stronger. Now have contributed grin
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by FindOut(m): 12:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
An older friend has used two generations of Suzuki Grand Vitara. He used the first (2001 or so) & decided to go for the newer model (2007, 2008) when he could afford it. He's still enjoying the ride as far as i know, so i guess it's cool. Its a V6, meaning it'll likely move faster than its brothers (the CRV & the 4 cylinder RAV4). The interior is not so bad as well, tho still not as cute as that of the CRV in my books tho. I'm referrin to the 07 model upwards of the CRV & RAV4 here.

I love the Suzuki Swift. In terms of looks, especially the exterior, i'll rate it higher than the hyundai i10 & the kia picanto. It'll compete favourably beauty-wise with a Mini Cooper.

The Suzuki SX4 is lovely....cute...nice factory alloy wheels too. If you live in Lagos, u can have a chat with the Red Cab operators on its general reliability and all. The hatchback version is a prominent one on their fleet, including the Suzuki Alto. Some companies also use the saloon as well.

The Suzuki Alto i do not particularly like. That car should have been made by Tata (the upcoming world's ugliest car manufacturers).lol. But i see some Red cab not so new ones still 'standing well', with AC on, moving decently in traffic, engine quiet and all & i'm like well, maybe its not soo bad sha.
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by swtchicgurl: 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2012
jeezybuck:

OK toyotas are stronger. Now have contributed grin

i already heard that! lipsrsealed
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by swtchicgurl: 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2012
Find Out!:
An older friend has used two generations of Suzuki Grand Vitara. He used the first (2001 or so) & decided to go for the newer model (2007, 2008) when he could afford it. He's still enjoying the ride as far as i know, so i guess it's cool. Its a V6, meaning it'll likely move faster than its brothers (the CRV & the 4 cylinder RAV4). The interior is not so bad as well, tho still not as cute as that of the CRV in my books tho. I'm referrin to the 07 model upwards of the CRV & RAV4 here.

I love the Suzuki Swift. In terms of looks, especially the exterior, i'll rate it higher than the hyundai i10 & the kia picanto. It'll compete favourably beauty-wise with a Mini Cooper.

The Suzuki SX4 is lovely....cute...nice factory alloy wheels too. If you live in Lagos, u can have a chat with the Red Cab operators on its general reliability and all. The hatchback version is a prominent one on their fleet, including the Suzuki Alto. Some companies also use the saloon as well.

The Suzuki Alto i do not particularly like. That car should have been made by Tata (the upcoming world's ugliest car manufacturers).lol. But i see some Red cab not so new ones still 'standing well', with AC on, moving decently in traffic, engine quiet and all & i'm like well, maybe its not soo bad sha.

many thanks! i think i'm loving grand vitara! cheesy
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by FindOut(m): 9:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
swtchicgurl:

many thanks! i think i'm loving grand vitara! cheesy

Update: Had a chat with my older friend dis morning. Actually learnt that he hasnt sold his first Grand Vitara (a 2005 model) & he has no plans of selling it. He bought the other one brand new in 2010, & he hasnt had any issues since then. He loves those cars so much. So, there u have one satisfied Grand Vitara user in Nigeria.
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by swtchicgurl: 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
Find Out!:

Update: Had a chat with my older friend dis morning. Actually learnt that he hasnt sold his first Grand Vitara (a 2005 model) & he has no plans of selling it. He bought the other one brand new in 2010, & he hasnt had any issues since then. He loves those cars so much. So, there u have one satisfied Grand Vitara user in Nigeria.

thanks, quite encouraging smiley
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by lance458: 11:29am On Dec 11, 2012
i am about to buy a suzuki forenza 2005v model! does any one have an idea of teh cost of teh parts and where d parts are bin sold in lagos
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by FindOut(m): 12:20pm On Dec 11, 2012
lance458: i am about to buy a suzuki forenza 2005v model! does any one have an idea of teh cost of teh parts and where d parts are bin sold in lagos

The Suzuki Forenza 2005 is a re-badged version of the Chevrolet Optra (which is a rebadged Daewoo Lacetti) that was sold brand new in Nigeria by CFAO motors or so. I still see some on the street running and looking great, though I'm not too certain about its level of ruggedness in the likes of the Corolla.

However, parts shouldn't be hard to come by in my opinion. It's a korean car by the way....under the hood. I advise that if you see the Chevrolet Optra anywhere, try to chat with the driver, ask him/her your question & also questions about the general reliability & maintenance of the vehicle.
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by lance458: 6:40pm On Dec 11, 2012
Tanx a lot. Very informative and sound advice u gave.
I just may bone buying the car
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by FindOut(m): 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
lance458: Tanx a lot. Very informative and sound advice u gave.
I just may bone buying the car

Nah, dont do that just yet. find out about the car first. Some of these korean cars are quite reliable if driven with care and maintained regularly.Plus the Suzuki Forenza is an 'american-spec'. Besides, its not your regular common everyday corolla or Honda civic, which is an advantage security - wise. So if you like the car, get some info about it before making your final decision to buy or not.
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by lance458: 12:10pm On Dec 12, 2012
tanx once again..wuld work on that asap
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by PayWell: 3:27pm On Dec 24, 2012
Suzuki is rugged. I changed from toyota to suzuki and i can tell you authoritatively that, cost of maintenance is almost zero. It has a lot of in-built fail-safe mechanisms. Its my 1st,2nd and 3rd choice anyday. lol.
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by swtchicgurl: 3:43pm On Dec 24, 2012
PayWell: Suzuki is rugged. I changed from toyota to suzuki and i can tell you authoritatively that, cost of maintenance is almost zero. It has a lot of in-built fail-safe mechanisms. Its my 1st,2nd and 3rd choice anyday. lol.

pls i need more details.... did u buy the suzuki new? how much was it? and what model?
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by PayWell: 4:20pm On Dec 24, 2012
swtchicgurl:

pls i need more details.... did u buy the suzuki new? how much was it? and what model?

Pour as much water as you like on the engine during engine wash with no part covered, car will start "one hand". A/C always on, fuel economy fantastic.
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by ozaro(m): 11:57am On Aug 21, 2013
hey there, please i need help on Suzuki cars... i am tryna find out if it is wise to purchase a 2005 Suzuki Verona (used of course) for usage in Nigeria, Lagos precisely. any helps? any users in Lagos?
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by Yode138: 2:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
Pls what do you think about Suzuki Kizachi 2010 model?
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by Yode138: 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
Planning on buying a brand new one...
Re: Your Thoughts On Suzuki Automobiles. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
swtchicgurl, did you eventually buy the grand vitara?
How far?
I'm mostly concerned about the fuel economy and the spare parts.

(1) (Reply)

"Brain Box" And Fuel Consumption / Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada / 6 Major Causes Of Road Accidents In Nigeria And Tips To Prevent Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.