Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). (1365 Views)

Samuel Uche Accuses Buhari Of Plans To Islamise Nigeria / Nigeria’s Oldest Pastor, Samuel Sadela, Dies At 114yrs / My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). by yongnoble(m): 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
The law of Karma states that what goes around comes back around. This means that whatever you do unto someone, good or bad, will be done back to you by someone else.

Now let’s consider the following sceneries, Blessing is married to Tom who happens to be having an illicit affair with Mary, a young undergraduate girl and Mary is very much aware that Tom is married but she doesn’t mind. After schooling, Mary falls in love with another young man, Jerry and eventually gets married to him.

If karma comes in to play, it means that some other girl, maybe Grace, would be sleeping with Jerry as payback for what Mary did to Blessing. My question now is would Grace be punished by Karma when she gets married or would she go free considering the fact that she was only being an instrument of karma to payback Mary.

In the bible, we read of a story about how King David killed Uriah and stole his wife, Bathsheba. God was off course angry with David and He sent his prophet Nathan to rebuke David and tell him of God’s intended punishment for such sin. 2nd Samuel 12 v 9-11, “why then have you disobeyed my commands? ........... You will see it when I take your wives from you and give them to another man; and he will have intercourse with them in broad day light”. Goodnews Bible
Having intercourse with another man’s wife is termed ‘ADULTERY’ which is clearly a sin against God. What now becomes the fate of the men that God would cause to have intercourse with David’s wives? Would they be punished for their adulterous act or would God overlook this sin simply because they are barely instruments of Karma? Does this mean sin is sometimes justified and unpunished when they are being used as payback to someone else? How can one know if the sin (not only adultery, also robbery, lying etc) he/she commits serves as payback to somebody and therefore would not be held accountable for such sin?

Fellow N’landers, I need answers to these questions and I also believe there are others out there that are having similar questions. Please when contributing it would be much better if you can back it up with bible verse. God bless you.
Re: My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). by OmoAlata(f): 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2012
yong_noble: Does this mean sin is sometimes justified and unpunished when they are being used as payback to someone else?

God Himself hardened Pharoah's heart so as to show the Israelites that He delivered them out of Egypt. It didn't stop God from still killing Pharoah though wink

1 Like

Re: My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). by miomonio: 6:35pm On Sep 29, 2012
Omo Alata:

God Himself hardened Pharoah's heart so as to show the Israelites that He delivered them out of Egypt.

It didn't stop God from still killing Pharoah though wink

@Omo Alata I want to learn. How did God harden Pharaoh's heart?
I mean how exactly did God Himself harden Pharaoh's heart.
Second learning thing is, why were the Israelite in Egypt in the first place that God had to deliver them out of Egypt
and why for that matter did God had to show them that He is the Deliverer.
Another thing I like to know as well, any particular reason why the Israelite were in Egypt that long?.
Last but not the least, the final thing, I want to learn is, did God kill Pharaoh though? For real?
Or was it that Pharaoh pressed self destruct which lead to a meaningless suicide mission?
Maybe "hardened" and "killing" are contextual companions? Just me, thinking out loud there.
Re: My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). by OmoAlata(f): 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2012
miomonio:

@Omo Alata I want to learn. How did God harden Pharaoh's heart?
I mean how exactly did God Himself harden Pharaoh's heart.
Second learning thing is, why were the Israelite in Egypt in the first place that God had to deliver them out of Egypt
and why for that matter did God had to show them that He is the Deliverer.
Another thing I like to know as well, any particular reason why the Israelite were in Egypt that long?.
Last but not the least, the final thing, I want to learn is, did God kill Pharaoh though? For real?
Or was it that Pharaoh pressed self destruct which lead to a meaningless suicide mission?
Maybe "hardened" and "killing" are contextual companions? Just me, thinking out loud there.

Let's start at: Genesis 15:13
And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;

Fastforward when Joseph became a ruler in Egypt during the famine. He brought his people over and they settled in Egypt. However, when they became many, the Pharoah of the time who had not heard of Joseph, enslaved them (acording to the prophecy in Genesis)

Remember Israel are a chosen nation. Whoever punished them would have faced God's judgement (either preordained or not) so Egypt had to face punishment wink

I don't know about Pharoah self-destructing but if you remember the story about the widow who provided for Elijah. God actually told Elijah that he had commanded a widow in Sidon to feed him so the widow had no say about the matter. She was hypnotised, so to speak grin - the same way Pharoah was 'hypnotised' to keep on saying "NO"!
Re: My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). by miomonio: 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2012
Omo Alata:

Let's start at: Genesis 15:13
And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;

Fastforward when Joseph became a ruler in Egypt during the famine. He brought his people over and they settled in Egypt. However, when they became many, the Pharoah of the time who had not heard of Joseph, enslaved them (acording to the prophecy in Genesis)

Remember Israel are a chosen nation. Whoever punished them would have faced God's judgement (either preordained or not) so Egypt had to face punishment wink

I don't know about Pharoah self-destructing but if you remember the story about the widow who provided for Elijah. God actually told Elijah that he had commanded a widow in Sidon to feed him so the widow had no say about the matter. She was hypnotised, so to speak grin - the same way Pharoah was 'hypnotised' to keep on saying "NO"!

@Omo Alata Whoa, whoa, whoa. Whoa. Slow down the pace ma'am.
Steady on. Let me master the crawl before you start me off doing jumping and skipping all over the place.
You replied in a sense or partly to why they were in Egypt
you did not reply to why the Israelite were in Egypt that long; I think they were in Egypt for 400 or so years
You said "Pharaoh was 'hypnotised' to keep on saying "NO!"".
So who did the hypnosis?
I am none the wiser how God hardened Pharaoh's heart.
I thought you would be breaking it down for me explaining how God hardened Pharaoh's heart.
or explaining also why the Israelite were in Egypt that long
You touched on why the Israelite were in Egypt but only by the fringe however I am not fully convinced the famine alone was the reason
But then that Genesis 15:13 you mentioned, no doubt, was a Spirit inspired verse
because it seems to be part of a set of declarations or pronouncements and prophecies pertaining the Israelite.
God commanded Pharaoh in a likely manner the widow.
Also God through Moses also persuaded Pharaoh when he was dragging his feet in a likely manner just as Elijah too did with the widow when she too wasn't first going to obey
OK, it is either "Pharaoh self-destructed" or like you said "God killed him"
Re: My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). by OmoAlata(f): 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2012
miomonio:

you did not reply to why the Israelite were in Egypt that long; I think they were in Egypt for 400 or so years

I guess they just got comfortable in the land of Egypt and stayed on. It's like when people go abroad, the initial plan would be to go to the UK, make it within 5 years or thereabouts, and go back 'home' to settle up. Before one knows it, you're abroad for over 20 years and can't go back 'home' grin However, they wouldn't have stayed on for over 400 years if they weren't in captivity wink
Re: My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). by joe4christ(m): 9:44pm On Sep 29, 2012
miomonio:

@Omo Alata Whoa, whoa, whoa. Whoa. Slow down the pace ma'am.
Steady on. Let me master the crawl before you start me off doing jumping and skipping all over the place.
You replied in a sense or partly to why they were in Egypt
You said "Pharaoh was 'hypnotised' to keep on saying "NO!"".
So who did the hypnosis?
I am none the wiser how God hardened Pharaoh's heart.
[size=15pt]I thought you would be breaking it down for me explaining how God hardened Pharaoh's heart.[/size]
or explaining also why the Israelite were in Egypt that long
You touched on why the Israelite were in Egypt but only by the fringe however I am not fully convinced the famine alone was the reason
But then that Genesis 15:13 you mentioned, no doubt, was a Spirit inspired verse
because it seems to be part of a set of declarations or pronouncements and prophecies pertaining the Israelite.
God commanded Pharaoh in a likely manner the widow.
Also God through Moses also persuaded Pharaoh when he was dragging his feet in a likely manner just as Elijah too did with the widow when she too wasn't first going to obey
OK, it is either "Pharaoh self-destructed" or like you said "God killed him"

The problem with most of you is that u ask questions not because you realy want to learn but because u want to make endless argument which is of no profit.
If you're asking how come about the bolded then u would'nt be misunderstood if you stated it earlier that u dont believe in God, spiritual and supernatural existance which makes you more or less an atheist.
If u dont believe in spiritual existance then there's no base for me discussing scriptural details with you.
God help you!
Re: My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). by miomonio: 9:55pm On Sep 29, 2012
joe4christ:

The problem with most of you is that u ask questions not because you realy want to learn but because u want to make endless argument which is of no profit.
If you're asking how come about the bolded then u would'nt be misunderstood if you stated it earlier that u dont believe in God, spiritual and supernatural existance which makes you more or less an atheist.
If u dont believe in spiritual existance then there's no base for me discussing scriptural details with you.
God help you!

@joe4christ Thank you sir but I would rather have explanations on how God hardened Pharaoh's heart and replies to any of the other queries than you pissing on me.
Re: My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). by Ubenedictus(m): 1:57am On Sep 30, 2012
yong_noble: The law of Karma states that what goes around comes back around. This means that whatever you do unto someone, good or bad, will be done back to you by someone else.

Now let’s consider the following sceneries, Blessing is married to Tom who happens to be having an illicit affair with Mary, a young undergraduate girl and Mary is very much aware that Tom is married but she doesn’t mind. After schooling, Mary falls in love with another young man, Jerry and eventually gets married to him.

If karma comes in to play, it means that some other girl, maybe Grace, would be sleeping with Jerry as payback for what Mary did to Blessing. My question now is would Grace be punished by Karma when she gets married or would she go free considering the fact that she was only being an instrument of karma to payback Mary.

In the bible, we read of a story about how King David killed Uriah and stole his wife, Bathsheba. God was off course angry with David and He sent his prophet Nathan to rebuke David and tell him of God’s intended punishment for such sin. 2nd Samuel 12 v 9-11, “why then have you disobeyed my commands? ........... You will see it when I take your wives from you and give them to another man; and he will have intercourse with them in broad day light”. Goodnews Bible
Having intercourse with another man’s wife is termed ‘ADULTERY’ which is clearly a sin against God. What now becomes the fate of the men that God would cause to have intercourse with David’s wives? Would they be punished for their adulterous act or would God overlook this sin simply because they are barely instruments of Karma? Does this mean sin is sometimes justified and unpunished when they are being used as payback to someone else? How can one know if the sin (not only adultery, also robbery, lying etc) he/she commits serves as payback to somebody and therefore would not be held accountable for such sin?

Fellow N’landers, I need answers to these questions and I also believe there are others out there that are having similar questions. Please when contributing it would be much better if you can back it up with bible verse. God bless you.
i think ur idea is a bit faulty, what u explain about was developed by buddha, for me karma simply mean what u sow is what you reap. It doest mean if i stole my friends' orange then my friend will steal my orange, it mean i will get a just punishment for stealing

1 Like

Re: My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). by Callotti: 2:07am On Sep 30, 2012
The whole Christian outlook is a farce, if you consider that the same GOD used his HOLY GHOST AUSPICIOUS EKITI PEHNIS to have clandestine se-xual actity with Mary. . .Joseph's 'virgin' wife! wink

Ok. . .David and Bathseba happened in the Old Testament. cheesy
Did God obey his own commandments in the New Testament?
No! He did EXACTLY WHAT HE REBUKED DAVID FOR. . .By phocking Joseph's virgin wife!
So what is Karma. . .and who enforces it?

http://www.bing.com/search?q=what+is+karma&qs=AS&form=QBRE&pq=what+is+karma&sc=8-13&sp=1&sk=

In plain language. . .Karma is retributive justice. . . a BUDDHIST OR HINDI concept. You can't apply that to the lives of Christians. kiss

A Christian has no inteligent quotient to apply or understand such a concept. . .for the simple reason being. . . Christianity is a religion shrouded in HYPOCRISY! kiss

You are HEREBY guilty of the "Fallacies of . . .'Spurious similarities'. . . .'Selective Reading'. . . .'Bad Analogy'. . . .'Cliche Thinking'. . . . 'Slippery Slope'. . . .'Weasel Wording' . . . .'Straw Man'. . . .'Reductio Ad Absurdum'. . .'Stolen Concept' and many more"! kiss

Please use your computer to read further!
Thank you!

http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/skeptic/arguments.html
Re: My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). by yongnoble(m): 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2012
Ubenedictus: i think ur idea is a bit faulty, what u explain about was developed by buddha, for me karma simply mean what u sow is what you reap. It doest mean if i stole my friends' orange then my friend will steal my orange, it mean i will get a just punishment for stealing

thanks
Re: My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). by Ubenedictus(m): 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2012
yong_noble:

thanks
you are most welcome.
Re: My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). by tpia5: 8:04pm On Oct 02, 2012
If you could just look at the answers in the same bible you got your question from.

Gosh, you people are somehow.

And who slept with david's wives? Wasnt it absalom?

What eventually happened to absalom?

Instead of reading one sentence then running half cocked to open thread on nl, sit your behind down and finish the chapter or chapters!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). by maryswags: 9:41pm On Oct 11, 2012
yong_noble: The law of Karma states that what goes around comes back around. This means that whatever you do unto someone, good or bad, will be done back to you by someone else.

Read dis scripture, I picked amplified version for simplicity... Matthew 18:7
... Woe to the world for such temptations to sin and influences to do wrong! It is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the person on whose account or by whom the temptation comes!

So whether temptation comes from God the person used is punished.. Pharoah is a good example

(1) (Reply)

Guide: Why Israel And Palestinians Fighting Over Gaza? / Why Did GOD Destroy Sodom And Gomorrah? / May God Mercy And Forgiveness Stay Away From Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.