Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,444 members, 7,826,704 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Stop Blaming White People - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Stop Blaming White People (4429 Views)

Nigerians Stop Blaming The Government Become Your Own Government / Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans / Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Blaming White People by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 30, 2012
We blame white people for everything, yet we're still the "white man's" burden... We depend on the white race for absolutely everything from school curriculum, language, to aids - and even worship a white God. However, we still go about blaming the white race for everything... Even our brightest scholars, who recite all their assertions from an Eurocentric point-of-view would turn around and lay blame at the doorstep of the 'white man', when the tides start working against them... Our school curriculum is cluttered with the history of the 'white man', and nothing about our history(from our perspective) - yet we blame the 'white man' for everything... We mimic everything the' white man' does, and try out best possible way to imitate him everyday - yet we still blame him for our woes..

I don't envy the white man at all, if I were in his shoes, I would've done the same thing to protect my civilisation - and keep my race at the top, even if it is at the expense of other... We all control our destinies, and we're the architect of our own reality... There is nothing free in world, it's either you go 'hard' to get it, or go 'home'... The blame game is getting boring...The black race reminds me of a failed/lazy Christian/Muslim who sits idly everyday doing nothing, only to turn around and blame satan/ashetan for his/her woes...

China has been under arms and technology transfer embargo since 1991. Rather than sit idly and blame the 'white man' for everything, it moved from being a 'shytehole', to the second most poweful country in the world... The same goes for Iran, and the sanctions/embargoes that have been placed on the country for more than 30 years - yet Iran has continued to make great strides... We as black/African people have no excuse for being in the state we're in. Because we're the architects of our own misfortunes... It's either "we make hay while the sun shines" - or shut up forever, and maintain our position at the bottom of every social ladder...

I lost a childhood friend of mine two days ago to black on black violence on the gully roads of South London... I was gutted(and still sad about the loss) when I heard, but to my utmost surprise, some people were blaming the government/whiteman for his death.. Yes, the government has to do more about the flow of drugs/guns into the inner cities... However, the government didn't tell these youths to sell drugs, nor kill one another... I've lost more than 10 people(friends and relatives) to black on black violence in the last 10 years, and they were all killed by black people not the 'white man', yet we continue to blame the white man for our woes and utterly disgusting acts/behaviours... Perhaps, it's just a vicious cycle of poverty and blame game... But it's high time we started looking at the 'man in mirror', and start taking responsibilities for our actions/inactions....

Another problematic trend is the rate in which ex-cons of black ancestry are converting to Islam... And their sad rhetoric about Islam being the religion of the black man, how Islam will save the black race, and how the 'white man' is the devil... At this rate, I won't be surprised if we start blaming the 'Arab man' for our woes in future...Can't we create our own religion centered around people who look like us? The 'white man' might be the 'devil', but the 'Arab man'
is just as bad as him... White man is guily of trans-atlantic slavery, but the Arab man is also guilty of the enslavement of black people through Zanzibar....I'm no supporter of any Abrahamic faith(s)... But if you're going to critique one of them at the expense of the other, please let's be objective... That's why I always try my best possible to provide a balance point-of-view on every thread created to critique Islam...

PS: Pardon my incoherence - I wrote this with a heavy heart; I'm still gutted... R.I.P Bruddah!!! - gone but will never be forgotten... I promise to live the dreams for you lot in the corporate world and contribute my quota to the renaissance/consciousness of the black man/black mind...

5 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming White People by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 30, 2012
Yawn. . . . . grin

Why don't you step out of the white man's land for once and step into your father's land? At 53 years old, aint it a shame you've never been to Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming White People by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:31am On Sep 30, 2012
I agree with OP. we must stop blaming white people. we should outright slaughter and enslave them.
Re: Stop Blaming White People by ben4ever(m): 7:11am On Sep 30, 2012
We nigerians, cried for independence, and wen it was handed unto us, we could not even rule ourselves; with corruption, coup detat in succession, sectarian violence,etc. we even discriminate between ourselves saying ''he is not from my home town/state''. The painful aspect to me is seeing the 'Criminals' in power buying our national assets with our own money and then honouring themselves with National Awards to celebrate their feat. I'm pround of the ''Black skin'' but ashamed of the ''BLACK MENTALITY''
@OP, how can your lamentation from thousands of miles away help this country? Come home and do something!

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming White People by slimyem: 9:44am On Sep 30, 2012
ben4ever:
@OP, how can your lamentation from thousands of miles away help this country? Come home and do something!
Ileke-IdI:
Yawn. . . . . grin

Why don't you step out of the white man's land for once and step into your father's land? At 53 years old, aint it a shame you've never been to Nigeria?
Re: Stop Blaming White People by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 30, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
I agree with OP. we must stop blaming white people. we should outright slaughter and enslave them.

Nah bruddah, we just need to re-educate ourselves and compete/go hard against them and other races... At the moment we're not doing that...

The 'cry baby' mentality is getting boring now..

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming White People by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 30, 2012
ben4ever: We nigerians, cried for independence, and wen it was handed unto us, we could not even rule ourselves; with corruption, coup detat in succession, sectarian violence,etc. we even discriminate between ourselves saying ''he is not from my home town/state''. The painful aspect to me is seeing the 'Criminals' in power buying our national assets with our own money and then honouring themselves with National Awards to celebrate their feat. I'm pround of the ''Black skin'' but ashamed of the ''BLACK MENTALITY''

I'm doing my bit the best way I can by educating/promoting my people/culture/history and black consciousness... I can't really live in Nigeria for now, I'm too young for that, I don't understand the terrain, and I don't really have any immediate family in the country... However, I'm making plans for that and I would give-it-a-go when I settle down and have a family...

But why can't the 150 million people in Nigeria, and almost a billion people in Africa do that??

2 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming White People by shaybebaby(f): 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2012
shymexx:

I'm doing my bit the best way I can by educating/promoting my people/culture/history and black consciousness... I can't really live in Nigeria for now, I'm too young for that, I don't understand the terrain, and I don't really have any immediate family in the country... However, I'm making plans for that and I would give-it-a-go when I settle down and have a family...

But why can't the 150 million people in Nigeria, and almost a billion people in Africa do that??
For the same reason you've just given. There's always an excuse as to why the time is not right. I guess at the moment, we barely have a flicker where really what is needed is something to fan the flames of rebellion. I think reality hasn't set in for a lot of nigerians because a lot speak about how things can change in an instant. Once people stop dreaming and wake up to face the truth, there's no success without sacrifice, there is no easy solution, there is no immediate solution. It will a long and hard process because our problems are firmly entrenched in the fabric of our society.
First though, we have to start thinking as one and not every man for himself.
Re: Stop Blaming White People by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 30, 2012
shaybe baby:
For the same reason you've just given. There's always an excuse as to why the time is not right. I guess at the moment, we barely have a flicker where really what is needed is something to fan the flames of rebellion. I think reality hasn't set in for a lot of nigerians because a lot speak about how things can change in an instant. Once people stop dreaming and wake up to face the truth, there's no success without sacrifice, there is no easy solution, there is no immediate solution. It will a long and hard process because our problems are firmly entrenched in the fabric of our society.
First though, we have to start thinking as one and not every man for himself.

Reality is there for all to see, but we have chosen to ingore it 'collectively'... We've brains to decipher what's wrong with us and a lot of people are out there proffering solutions on how to move from pur present predicament, to a better place, and hold sway in the world... However, the average black man/woman is afraid to leave his/her comfort zone - to try something new... We're lazy and we want other people to do the 'major lifting' for us, and reap where we didn't sow...

For example, during the fuel subsidy protests, plenty of Nigerians chose not to join the fight against something that was actually 'a slap on their faces' because of tribal affiliations, and lack of foresight... They were all aware that the protests were for the benefit of every one of them, but they chose to ignore the fight, so as not to be on the opposing side of their tribe's men/women at the helm of affairs in the country... Some even went as far as turning the protest into an ethnic/tribal affair...

Another example is the London riot - black youths came out in record numbers to loot and destroy London over the killing of Mark... But where is the anger when black youths kill other black youths? Why have most of the black youths in the UK refused to get University education?? Why are we not creating black business like our Asian counterparts(they're immigrants as well)??

I'm not a fed apologist, and I was assaulted by feds plented times when I was younger(I was beaten to stupor on one accasion); got charged for a crime that had nothing to do with me on another occasion by racist feds(I escaped prison due to the intervention of my erudite White and Asian solicitors); and I still get stopped and searched for DWB(driving while black) and WWB(walking while black) sometimes...

We've no excuse, the window of opportunity is right there - but we have chosen to ignore it due to nepotism, misplaced anger, our cowardice, laziness, and tribalism...
Re: Stop Blaming White People by nyameke: 8:57pm On Sep 30, 2012
Sorry about your friend but I'm getting tired of these rants. I been there and done it .. word of advice though understand that castles are not built in the air or sky but on the ground. And no one ever had an accident driving with their mouth or lips.. STOP the lip service and get to work.. The " white man " is not the problem or your enemy. The problem is YOU and only YOU.

Oh and if by " white GoD" you meant jesus well I got news for you. God manisfetd in the flesh as a dark skin man and not a white man..
Re: Stop Blaming White People by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 01, 2012
^^^^Can't do it by myself... Are you down for the cause, brother?
Re: Stop Blaming White People by Ajsmart(m): 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2020
BRILLIANT !!

We blame white people for everything, yet we're still the "white man's" burden... We depend on the white race for absolutely everything from school curriculum, language, to aids - and even worship a white God. However, we still go about blaming the white race for everything... Even our brightest scholars, who recite all their assertions from an Eurocentric point-of-view would turn around and lay blame at the doorstep of the 'white man', when the tides start working against them... Our school curriculum is cluttered with the history of the 'white man', and nothing about our history(from our perspective) - yet we blame the 'white man' for everything... We mimic everything the' white man' does, and try out best possible way to imitate him everyday - yet we still blame him for our woes..

I don't envy the white man at all, if I were in his shoes, I would've done the same thing to protect my civilisation - and keep my race at the top, even if it is at the expense of other... We all control our destinies, and we're the architect of our own reality... There is nothing free in world, it's either you go 'hard' to get it, or go 'home'... The blame game is getting boring...The black race reminds me of a failed/lazy Christian/Muslim who sits idly everyday doing nothing, only to turn around and blame satan/ashetan for his/her woes...

China has been under arms and technology transfer embargo since 1991. Rather than sit idly and blame the 'white man' for everything, it moved from being a 'shytehole', to the second most poweful country in the world... The same goes for Iran, and the sanctions/embargoes that have been placed on the country for more than 30 years - yet Iran has continued to make great strides... We as black/African people have no excuse for being in the state we're in. Because we're the architects of our own misfortunes... It's either "we make hay while the sun shines" - or shut up forever, and maintain our position at the bottom of every social ladder...

I lost a childhood friend of mine two days ago to black on black violence on the gully roads of South London... I was gutted(and still sad about the loss) when I heard, but to my utmost surprise, some people were blaming the government/whiteman for his death.. Yes, the government has to do more about the flow of drugs/guns into the inner cities... However, the government didn't tell these youths to sell drugs, nor kill one another... I've lost more than 10 people(friends and relatives) to black on black violence in the last 10 years, and they were all killed by black people not the 'white man', yet we continue to blame the white man for our woes and utterly disgusting acts/behaviours... Perhaps, it's just a vicious cycle of poverty and blame game... But it's high time we started looking at the 'man in mirror', and start taking responsibilities for our actions/inactions....

Another problematic trend is the rate in which ex-cons of black ancestry are converting to Islam... And their sad rhetoric about Islam being the religion of the black man, how Islam will save the black race, and how the 'white man' is the devil... At this rate, I won't be surprised if we start blaming the 'Arab man' for our woes in future...Can't we create our own religion centered around people who look like us? The 'white man' might be the 'devil', but the 'Arab man'
is just as bad as him... White man is guily of trans-atlantic slavery, but the Arab man is also guilty of the enslavement of black people through Zanzibar....I'm no supporter of any Abrahamic faith(s)... But if you're going to critique one of them at the expense of the other, please let's be objective... That's why I always try my best possible to provide a balance point-of-view on every thread created to critique Islam...

PS: Pardon my incoherence - I wrote this with a heavy heart; I'm still gutted... R.I.P Bruddah!!! - gone but will never be forgotten... I promise to live the dreams for you lot in the corporate world and contribute my quota to the renaissance/consciousness of the black man/black mind...

(1) (Reply)

Bibo Asiri Kiakia Todaju / Yoruba imponderables / Yoruba Philosophy: Is Eshu Odara The Biblical Satan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.