Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Why Do Whites Demonize, Fear & Look Down On Blacks? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Whites Demonize, Fear & Look Down On Blacks? (1371 Views)

Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? / Why Have We Been So Far Behind Whites: ? / Why Do Alot Of Africans, Nigerians Included, Look Down On Black Americans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Whites Demonize, Fear & Look Down On Blacks? by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 30, 2012
I had to create this to provide a balance, after the other thread I created about black people blaming the 'infamous' white man for everything...

Why do many White Americans hate, demonize, fear and look down on blacks? I am no scientist or scholar, but here is I how I currently think about it. This post is very much a work in progress.

There are plenty of things that keep white racist thinking in place:
Racist messages in jokes, history books, the news and on television, etc,
Material self-interest,
Fear of becoming an outcast among whites

and so on. But this is not the heart of the matter.

Not even material self-interest. After all, plenty of poor whites are racist. About all they have to show for it is this: “At least I’m not black.” And that gives it away: it is about white self-image.

My current understanding of the white self-image:
1.Narcissism – having no true sense of self-worth they put up a false front to persuade the world, and most of all themselves, that they do have worth. They mainly do this through money, but also by putting down others to make themselves look better. Deep down they know the whole thing is a lie, which makes them all the more desperate to uphold the front.
2.Dichotomous thinking – either/or thinking. Their films often have characters who are either all good or all evil. When you ask them about it they say that of course they know the world is not that simple, that it is just a storytelling device. Yet much of their thinking is very either/or, black-or-white. The One Drop Rule is a good example. So is their idea that they are Basically Good, getting upset when you point out anything that does not fit that overblown self-image. Like that maybe they are racist. Worst of all, it means they cannot accept people who are too different: if you are not the same as us then there must be something wrong with you. Either/or.
3.Moral blindness - this is huge. Every single black person in the eyes of white people is the sign of a terrible crime from their ugly past, a reminder that their life is a fraud, that they are pretty much nothing more than armed robbers. But #1 and #2 make it hard for them to simply own up to their past and make it right. Instead they deny, shift blame, lie, twist facts and make black people into these creatures that they look down on, laugh at and yet, oddly, fear. It is a failed attempt to be at peace with themselves. This is why whites need to give reparations more than blacks need to receive it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with black people other than the bad patch of history they are going through, its side effects and the ordinary human failings. It is white people who have a deep crack in their souls.

I know that sounds extreme - partly because we have “white is right” pounded into our heads night and day – but their history shows that there is something seriously wrong with them.

http://abagond./2012/01/02/why-do-whites-hate-demonize-fear-or-look-down-on-blacks/
Re: Why Do Whites Demonize, Fear & Look Down On Blacks? by somalia5: 8:58am On Oct 01, 2012
because blacks are demons
Re: Why Do Whites Demonize, Fear & Look Down On Blacks? by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 04, 2012
First of all I wont say all of them, just some that that are as myopic as some of our black brothers.
Personally I think whites are the most liberal and open minded people. When a black man is on holiday he goes to dubai or austria, to have a great and luxurious time.
But when a white man is on holiday he goes to the amazon forest in south america, the savanna grasslands in kenya, the great wall of china, not just to take great pictures and check out animals but to explore and experience native cultures and traditions.

And when u talk about them feeling superior well blacks arent making matters better.
Its really not about skin but its about what u stand for.
Most blacks on tv sing about nothing but sexx, drugs, violence.
Very bad inflence on the black community.
And so most prisons are filled with blacks.
Do u watch ''beyond scared straight''? Its a reality show that tries to change young delinquents before its too late.Well more than half of the kids are blacks and most of the stubborn ones who end up not changing are black.
To be honest with u I have only seen a black scientist or explorer once in all documentary channels I watch. And no its not being planned.

And so blacks are sterotyped with these things just like all other races are sterotyped with things they dominate in.
Just like asians are streotyped as being very intelligent, whites are sterotyped as being liberal or just plain crazy, hausas are sterotyped as being violent pple, igbos are sterotyped as being business minded pple etc.

So its not rocket science to figure out why we are looked down on. I mean just look at our countries. The only subsaharan country thats okay has whites as its brain.
They are not more intelligent, they just have a better mentality.

And pls I am not justifying them, I'm just saying we are the ones who need to change that lousy sterotype.

Lastly, I hope u do not confuse racism with racial profiling. Racism is hate, racial profiling is judgement based on those sterotypes. And believe me evreybody does the latter. Even you.Becos from the way I see it u are the one trying to feel better about yourself with your extreamely hilarious ideas.

Live life and let live. Stop making it seem like the whole white population gathers at one spot to discuss the downfall of blacks.

And remember, NOBODY'S PERFECT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Whites Demonize, Fear & Look Down On Blacks? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:09am On Oct 04, 2012
even i hate blacks. they are the worst form of people , these north american blacks. angry angry
Re: Why Do Whites Demonize, Fear & Look Down On Blacks? by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 04, 2012
somalia5: because blacks are demons
huh??
Re: Why Do Whites Demonize, Fear & Look Down On Blacks? by ifyalways(f): 9:42am On Oct 04, 2012
Paranoid, anyone ?
Re: Why Do Whites Demonize, Fear & Look Down On Blacks? by somalia5: 9:57am On Oct 04, 2012
i dislike blacks. negroids=lazy monkeys
Re: Why Do Whites Demonize, Fear & Look Down On Blacks? by igbo2011(m): 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
Can you blam them for looking down? Blacks change their names to european names, wear European clothes, worship Jesus in their form, buy all their goods and services, work for them! Consume everything and barely produce. We try to mpress whites. We rush to their cities without building our own, we have their style of weddings, we don't even teach our kids our native tongue or history. We will give our kids their names even though they don't give their kids our names (yes I know its mostly due to religion) we will master their languages and see ours as bad. We treat whites better than our own. We are still slaves. Atleast we knew it during slavery now we think we are free. We give them evvery reason to look down on us.
Re: Why Do Whites Demonize, Fear & Look Down On Blacks? by Twinsanity: 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
Because we are being thought to do so. The trashy gangsta TV culture has a lot of influence on people. Plus, if you dare to confront a black person you're a racist no matter how passive you are. It's just how it works.

igbo2011: Can you blam them for looking down? Blacks change their names to european names, wear European clothes, worship Jesus in their form, buy all their goods and services, work for them! Consume everything and barely produce. We try to mpress whites. We rush to their cities without building our own, we have their style of weddings, we don't even teach our kids our native tongue or history. We will give our kids their names even though they don't give their kids our names (yes I know its mostly due to religion) we will master their languages and see ours as bad. We treat whites better than our own. We are still slaves. Atleast we knew it during slavery now we think we are free. We give them evvery reason to look down on us.

Nobody is forcing them to do that. They can stay in their country and live by their culture. But when you move to another country, you either adapt to that culture or leave.

(1) (Reply)

Clean Toks Hyundai Sonata For Sale / Origin Of Pidgin English? / Behold The Youngest Monarch In The Entire World(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.