Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Please I Need Help :error When Running A Web Based Open Source App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please I Need Help :error When Running A Web Based Open Source App (1170 Views)

My New C# Open Source App Prevents Laptop Background Data Consumption On Windows / [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) / Creating An Open-source Java Web Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help :error When Running A Web Based Open Source App by 9jawear(m): 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2012
Please i seem to be having problems with Installing an open source app on a cpanel web server, i am getting the following error :
Please can you help me out,and please tell me what to do
Thanks

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Unknown MySQL server host 'localhostlaropaho_hotelmis3306' (1) in/home/msdh/public_html/app2/hotelmis/queryfunctions.phpon line 26

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Access denied for user 'laropaho'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in/home/msdh/public_html/app2/hotelmis/queryfunctions.phpon line 27

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in/home/msdh/public_html/app2/hotelmis/queryfunctions.phpon line 27

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in/home/msdh/public_html/app2/hotelmis/queryfunctions.phpon line 39

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in/home/msdh/public_html/app2/hotelmis/functions.php on line 149

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in/home/msdh/public_html/app2/hotelmis/functions.php on line 149
Invalid query:
:

Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in/home/msdh/public_html/app2/hotelmis/queryfunctions.phpon line 57
Re: Please I Need Help :error When Running A Web Based Open Source App by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2012
your database details are incorrect

check line 26 of app2/hotelmis/queryfunctions.php
Re: Please I Need Help :error When Running A Web Based Open Source App by 9jawear(m): 4:20pm On Sep 30, 2012
Thanks for replying, is it possible you can help me resolve it or advise me what to do, can we chat via skype
Re: Please I Need Help :error When Running A Web Based Open Source App by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2012
have u installed the database for your app? if not, check the files for a .sql file
and run it on your database
Re: Please I Need Help :error When Running A Web Based Open Source App by nnamokenna(m): 4:10pm On Oct 02, 2012
If you can not resolve this issue on your own the you have no business dabbling into PHP/MySql. And you've even hosted it on a production server.

What I am trying to say is that, for any PHP programmer, database connection is the most basic thing he needs to know. In your case, if after webdezzi's advice you are still having problems, then you'll definitely have more problems ahead - especially when it comes to some of these open-source web apps.

Like webdezzi said, look for a file called queryfunctions.php in the directory /home/msdh/public_html/app2/hotelmis/. I hope you should be able to do that.

Now go to line 76. You should see something like the following (had to remove the closing quotation mark at the end of each line of code because leaving it would turn it to an emoticon):
<?php
define("HOST", "localhost);
define("PORT", 3306);
define("USER", "root);
define("PASS", "sa);
define("DB", "hotelmis);

/*define("HOST", "mysql4-h);
define("PORT", 3306);
define("USER", "h172638rw);
define("PASS", "hotelmis321);
define("DB", "h172638_hotelmis);*/
?>

Change the values of DB, USER and PASS to the database name, username and password respectively, you created on the server. If it was created by default by the hosting provider, then get it from them. U may leave the other parameters (HOST and PORT) as is although, if you still get problems after doing the right thing, you may remove the value for port entirely. This is what I always do because ..... No let me not go too far and confuse you in the process.

Try it first and if you still can not get it to work, then be ready to cough out small "pepper" to see it done. Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

... / Chiwex Easy Website Development With Laravel: Image Upload Snippet / Web/graphics Designing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.