Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Understanding Life And Taking It Easy - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Understanding Life And Taking It Easy (1534 Views)

A State Of Darkness; Understanding Life / Understanding The Word FAMZING / Story: Taking Chances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding Life And Taking It Easy by Networkmaster(m): 8:57am On Oct 01, 2012
We all want to be rich and that is a very good thing, but striving to be very rich could be seen as greed.
Most rich men are often seen as greedy people. A man with a billion dollar and still trying to take the little thousand from the neighbor is an example of a greedy man.
Why do people want to be as rich as Dangote, Donald Thrump and Bill Gate? I believe having enough to keep you happy and enable you have the essentials of life is good enough. For example, having enough for yourself and family, been able to provide food, shelter, not more than 2 cars, having enough to pay your medical bills when needed, been able to take a trip on vacation with your family whenever and been able to help the needy could be seen as rich enough.
Honestly, been very rich sometimes could be seen as sin. Imagine if a man as rich as Dangote who worth not less than15billion dollars could take out 1billion dollars just to help the needy ones around him, what a great impact he would have done in those lives.
What I don’t understand is why people stress their selves or sometimes take extreme measures like going to the extent of killing for money or stealing all in the name of trying to be rich.
Living a happy, lovely average life with peace in your home is rich enough to me.
My question is why do people fight to be very rich and how rich is rich enough for a normal happy life?
Re: Understanding Life And Taking It Easy by Obinnau(m): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2012
nnaa men see question. Its turning my brain. What i know is i am rich when ever i can take care of my nuclear and extended families financialy without it giving me one single headache.
Re: Understanding Life And Taking It Easy by Networkmaster(m): 9:51am On Oct 01, 2012
Obinnau: nnaa men see question. Its turning my brain. What i know is i am rich when ever i can take care of my nuclear and extended families financialy without it giving me one single headache.

That's a good one and not wanting for too much brings peace to the mind
Re: Understanding Life And Taking It Easy by ANYPEN(m): 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2012
those very rich guys aren't just trying to get richer, they are actually enjoying fulfilling their purpose on earth by doing again and again what they know how to do best and that's what is translating into money......because they cant stop doing what they do, it looks as if they cant stop making money.

(1) (Reply)

On The Road To Port Harcourt / Orwellian: (the Elite And The Herd). / Top 5 Money Books By Nigerian Writers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.