Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? (1468 Views)

Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by God2man(m): 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2012
Mattew 7:13 -14" Enter ye in at the strait gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in there at:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Matthew 20:16 " So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen."

Luke 13:24 " Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, i say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able."

1 Corinthians 9: 16-17 " For though i preach the gospel, i have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me, yea, woe is unto me, if i preach not the gospel!
For if i do this thing willingly, i have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me."

1 Peter 4:17-18 "For the time is come that judgement must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end of them that obey not the gospel of God?
And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?"

Christians on nairaland, these Bible verses bother me. I would like to know what you think about these verses.

God bless you.

God2man.
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by miomonio: 7:50pm On Oct 01, 2012
God2man: Mattew 7:13 -14" Enter ye in at the strait gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in there at:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Matthew 20:16 " So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen."

Luke 13:24 " Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, i say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able."

1 Corinthians 9: 16-17 " For though i preach the gospel, i have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me, yea, woe is unto me, if i preach not the gospel!
For if i do this thing willingly, i have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me."

1 Peter 4:17-18 "For the time is come that judgement must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end of them that obey not the gospel of God?
And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?"

Christians on nairaland, these Bible verses bother me. I would like to know what you think about these verses.

God bless you.

God2man.

@God2man You should be more bothered of and become panicky over Matthew 25:14-30 the Parable of the Talents.
God bless you.
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by ATMC(f): 8:03pm On Oct 01, 2012
If d parable of d talent bothers d op, he 'd have indicated or does d above bother u?
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by miomonio: 8:12pm On Oct 01, 2012
ATMC: If d parable of d talent bothers d op, he 'd have indicated or does d above bother u?
@ATMC What do you know or understand of the Parable of the Talents because you either have an eye-opening or frightening experience after noting or realising the gist of the message.
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by God2man(m): 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2012
@mionimio, Parable of the talents is a great lesson about an unprofitable servant. I believe you can open another thread for the discussion, one thing at a time. Let's focus on the topic please. God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by taigee: 9:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
God2man: Mattew 7:13 -14" Enter ye in at the strait gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in there at:

God bless you.

God2man.

Your Ans
Matt 20:16 - Many are called but few are chosen; because it is the few that answer the call that will be chosen. The call to come to Christ is made to the whole world, but you will agree with me very few have really answered the call, and some that initially answered have now forsaken the call. Therefore at the end only the faithful few shall be chosen.

Luke 13;24 Many shall strive to enter in by their personal effort (Religions) and righteous works but they shall still be disqualified. You can only enter this path and stay on this path by your walk of faith. Whatever is not done in Faith is Sin (Rom 14:23)

1 Cor 9:16-17 - Woe unto me if i preach not the gospel because it is my divine calling by the mystery of predestination (Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations). Paul was created for that purpose, he new he will be living a futile and unfulfilled life unless he fulfilled that divine purpose (Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,....).
Many don't know their divine predestination and hence have missed their destinations and suffer woes.

1 Peter 4:17-18 - God is saying simply he will not spare the church when we go out of line and bring his name to shame. God has always begun judgement with his people. Check the history of Bible stories. Its a warning to all church goers who care-less about their personal relationship with God that they will not be spared from the judgment of God.
Being in church is not the same as being in Touch with God

This is my understanding, hope i have bn able to contribute positively to the discuss
Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by God2man(m): 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2012
@ Taigee, Great contribution, some people believed that no matter what happens, they will make heaven, after all, God is too kind to send anybody to hell. What do you think?

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by Sweetnecta: 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2012
^^^^ Jesus was only calling the lost sheep of the house of Israel. at best, he told his disciples to call the whole house of Israel and no one else.

Jesus himself had a religion, did work and had faith in God. to abandon the true religion "from God when you find it and if you dont know it yet, you should strive to find it" is truly to abandon the Guiding Light of God that man can follow.

what church? God Almighty does not have anything to do with church. Proof: Jesus did not build a single church.

to be quoting Paul's writing, etc to explain Jesus is like putting Jesus down. Jesus is enough to explain his mission.
Unfortunately, there is no Gospel from God that Jesus was sent with and preached in existence.
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by God2man(m): 10:59pm On Oct 01, 2012
Sweetnecta: ^^^^ Jesus was only calling the lost sheep of the house of Israel. at best, he told his disciples to call the whole house of Israel and no one else.

Jesus himself had a religion, did work and had faith in God. to abandon the true religion "from God when you find it and if you dont know it yet, you should strive to find it" is truly to abandon the Guiding Light of God that man can follow.

what church? God Almighty does not have anything to do with church. Proof: Jesus did not build a single church.

to be quoting Paul's writing, etc to explain Jesus is like putting Jesus down. Jesus is enough to explain his mission.
Unfortunately, there is no Gospel from God that Jesus was sent with and preached in existence.

i don't seem to understand you.
I know you.
You are welcome.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by miomonio: 11:08pm On Oct 01, 2012
God2man: @mionimio, Parable of the talents is a great lesson about an unprofitable servant. I believe you can open another thread for the discussion, one thing at a time. Let's focus on the topic please. God bless you.
God2man.
@God2man I don't really understand you, to be honest, not all. You say "Christians on nairaland, these Bible verses bother me. I would like to know what you think about these verses" but then you get the hump when I replied with the thought that you should be more bothered of Matthew 25:14-30 the Parable of the Talents. So you think its a great lesson and only about unprofitableness. The reality and starkness of Matthew 25:14-30 should be giving you and all concerns. I am not discussing anywhere but merely just drawing attention to it here. God bless you.
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by God2man(m): 10:46pm On Oct 02, 2012
@miomonio, are you with another I.D? Oh! Sorry. You can go ahead with whatever you have for me. You are also welcome.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by miomonio: 7:16am On Oct 03, 2012
God2man: @miomonio, are you with another I.D? Oh! Sorry. You can go ahead with whatever you have for me. You are also welcome.

God bless you.
God2man.
@God2man What is "are you with another I.D?" suppose to mean. Explain please. To be watchful of Matthew 25:14-30 the Parable of the Talents too is what I had. You are also welcome. God bless you.
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by God2man(m): 9:45am On Oct 03, 2012
Thank you.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by dattaswami: 1:25pm On Oct 03, 2012

God bless you.

God2man.

Narrow Spiritual Path

MATTHEW 7 : 13 AND 14

“Enter by the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction and there are many who go in by it”.

Bhagavathgita says “Manushyaanam Sahasreshu…..” which means that millions of people will try to reach God but only one can reach God. This means that the spiritual path is narrow with one or two devotees only who can reach God. So you should not follow the majority as example in spiritual path. Majority goes to Hell. Will you also go to hell? Diamonds are in minority and gravel stones are in majority. In worldly matters you can follow the majority. But in spiritual line there is only one Jesus one Buddha one Sankara etc., If you are in the association of majority you will be polluted by them since they induce the worldly poison through their conversations (Luke 13: 20 & 21). If you are in the association of the Satguru you will be spiritually strengthened by His gospel.
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by God2man(m): 4:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
@ dattaswami, are they quoting Bible in satguru shrine?

I am expecting christians to comment, not you, sir, i am sorry.
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by coolotunba(m): 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2012
Why all this thank you and God bless you and still not being able to understand each other.
@God2man: do u think what is in mathew 25: 14-30 does not fit into this discussion. Have u been able to appreciate what Jesus is talking about in the parable of the talent. If those Bible verses you quoted bother you. Why do u think less of Mathew 25: 14-30. Some of us think of ourselves as already doing God's will without looking for God's opinion of us compared with the talents He has deposited in us. If we bury or do not bring to full manifestation of God's talent in us, don't you think we are under serving God and shouldn't that bother us. That is why comparing ourselves with others may not be right, rather with the potential God has given us. Lets use our gifts according to the proportion God has given us and bring fruits unto God. Rom 12:6
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by God2man(m): 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ok
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by God2man(m): 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2012
cry
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by Ayomivic(m): 1:00am On Oct 05, 2012
taigee:

Your Ans
Matt 20:16 - Many are called but few are chosen; because it is the few that answer the call that will be chosen. The call to come to Christ is made to the whole world, but you will agree with me very few have really answered the call, and some that initially answered have now forsaken the call. Therefore at the end only the faithful few shall be chosen.

Luke 13;24 Many shall strive to enter in by their personal effort (Religions) and righteous works but they shall still be disqualified. You can only enter this path and stay on this path by your walk of faith. Whatever is not done in Faith is Sin (Rom 14:23)

1 Cor 9:16-17 - Woe unto me if i preach not the gospel because it is my divine calling by the mystery of predestination (Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations). Paul was created for that purpose, he new he will be living a futile and unfulfilled life unless he fulfilled that divine purpose (Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,....).
Many don't know their divine predestination and hence have missed their destinations and suffer woes.

1 Peter 4:17-18 - God is saying simply he will not spare the church when we go out of line and bring his name to shame. God has always begun judgement with his people. Check the history of Bible stories. Its a warning to all church goers who care-less about their personal relationship with God that they will not be spared from the judgment of God.
Being in church is not the same as being in Touch with God

This is my understanding, hope i have bn able to contribute positively to the discuss
Shalom!

God bless you bro.
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by God2man(m): 9:44am On Oct 05, 2012
@ taigee and ayomivic, some people beleived that heaven is sure for them, no matter what happens, they seem to be relaxed. The bible is telling us that we should strive to enter through the narrow gate, will this attitude of God is too kind to send anybody to hell depicts the meaning of "strive"? What do you guys think?

God2man.
Re: Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? by God2man(m): 6:38am On Oct 06, 2012
kiss

(1) (Reply)

Why I Need A New Wife Now ––pastor Anselm Madubuko / Quran Reading Full Al Quran Mp3 For Android / Sai Baba! Igbo Christian Converts To Islam For Buhari In Benue State [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.