Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,067 members, 7,956,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:18 AM

What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? (5984 Views)

Poll: What should kids do if they catch their parents cheating??

Tell on the parent: 36% (4 votes)
Walk away: 45% (5 votes)
Blackmail: 18% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Surprising Things Children Do! / At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by Esss(m): 11:53am On Jan 17, 2008
What would you do if you caught either of your parents cheating??

1. Would you report to the other parent??
2. Would you say it's none of your business and walk away??
3. Or would you seize the moment and blackmail the parent involved??
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by sistajay(f): 3:24pm On Jan 17, 2008
Me I no be bearer of bad news.
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by chychy(f): 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2008
Now, that's a tough one

I'll definitely lose respect 4 d party again. Cos our folks are our very 1st role models.

Will i tell? i really don't know but if i'm pressed, i prolly will spill.
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 17, 2008
Cleverly take position. If I find any parent of mine cheating, I am cutting him/her out of my life. Forgiving them and keeping quiet is like giving consent.
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by swtvee(f): 6:11pm On Jan 17, 2008
wat i will do is call either of ma parents aside and talk to him or her and if he doesnt listen i report the issue to ma rev father in church cos cheating is a sin before man and God,
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2008
swtvee:

what i will do is call either of ma parents aside and talk to him or her and if he doesnt listen i report the issue to ma rev father in church because cheating is a sin before man and God,

I don't like strangers poking their nose into my private life even if he's heavenly father. If your parent refuses to see reason, report him/her directly to the other one.

After the rev father, who shall you call on?
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by Esss(m): 11:54pm On Jan 17, 2008
@ michelin 89

Would you be able to live with yourself knowing you were directly/indirectly responsible for your parents break-up?
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by ikamefa(f): 12:02am On Jan 18, 2008
Esss:

2. Would you say it's none of your business and walk away??

naaaaaaaahhhhh! cant do that i love my mum and daddy , definitely not going to walk away amma get into the cheating -partys' face in a big way!(being my mum or dad nor kwonsain me oh)( i have a zero tolerance for cheating)

Esss:

3. Or would you seize the moment and blackmail the parent involved??

cant do this either blackmail for what? undecided prolly blackmail him /her to stop or something

Esss:

1. Would you report to the other parent??

yes i would ! yessssssssssssssss! grin so we the children can gang up and beat the shit out of the girlfriend/boyfriend grin LMAO
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by TheSly: 12:21am On Jan 18, 2008
as for me. . . this is what ama do. . . cool

If I find any parent of mine cheating,as a student, that would be a VERY big fish (awwuf) for me. . .if it's ma dad,i'll just tell him that for me to keep me mouth sealed , hes going to pay me $10,000 CaSh for indulging in such act with no question asked! cool and later i'll be collecting $2,000 a week until further notice. . . . cool

same goes to me mum. . . cool

this is called *the law of moses* cool
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by Daman1(m): 8:20pm On Jan 18, 2008
As my contribution to peace on the home front, i will keep sealed lips especially if the one caught is father because i wouldn't want to break my mum's heart.
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 18, 2008
Esss:

@ michelin 89

Would you be able to live with yourself knowing you were directly/indirectly responsible for your parents break-up?

Why did s/he cheat in the first place? I feel that anyone who cheats is just selfish and a coward. S/he wants to eat her cake and have it. As for me a commitment is a commitment and once you get in do your best to make it work. If you can't anymore, you leave without hurting more than a normal break-up would.
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by efuah(f): 10:12am On Jan 19, 2008
~Sly~(*_*):

as for me. . . this is what ama do. . . cool

If I find any parent of mine cheating,as a student, that would be a VERY big fish (awwuf) for me. . .if it's ma dad,i'll just tell him that for me to keep me mouth sealed , hes going to pay me $10,000 CaSh for indulging in such act with no question asked! cool and later i'll be collecting $2,000 a week until further notice. . . . cool

same goes to me mum. . . cool

this is called *the law of moses* cool

LMAO grin grin u funny o! . . . i think i will do same tongue
On a more sereous note, i won't tell. But i will have a serious talk wt being it my mom or dad. . .  and then warn him/her against that act seriously angry I will even threat to disown him/her if he/she does that again.  But the so-called boyfriend/girlfriend will surely get a piece of me angry I will give it to him or her real hard angry angry angry in any form i can angry
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by ifyalways(f): 10:49am On Jan 19, 2008
LMAO at the replies
@topic,i wud walk up to him/her while at the act/scene where i caught him/her and greet him/her "hello daddy/mummy" and move on.
wont tell the other partner or my brothers either.
keep watching and observing,to see if it was just a fling,if it has stopped or if its a permanent relationship.
i wud pray real hard for a change.
if it doesnt stop then i wud tell my brothers,perharps writting an sos letter/visit to the intruder might solve it. tongue undecided
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by Daman1(m): 10:21pm On Jan 19, 2008
efuah:

LMAO grin grin u funny o! . . . i think i will do same tongue
On a more sereous note, i won't tell. But i will have a serious talk wt being it my mom or dad. . . and then warn him/her against that act seriously angry I will even threat to disown him/her if he/she does that again. But the so-called boyfriend/girlfriend will surely get a piece of me angry I will give it to him or her real hard angry angry angry in any form i can angry

shocked shocked shocked I have the feeling that you are a bouncer undecided undecided undecided I fear you o lipsrsealed

Adultrers and adultresses as well as fornicators in the house, be warned. grin grin grin
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by almondjoy(f): 9:43am On Jan 21, 2008
Mind their own damn business and look the other way.  Never get caught in the middle of something that absolutely gives you an adult responsiblity as a kid. 

Let the parents slug it out without involving the kids if possible.  People should teach their kids early what constitutes their business and what does not before they become fantastic gossips with no meaningful way of occupying their time.

Maybe one of the reasons we have so many of them on Nairaland! wink

Pathetic!
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by Sissy3(f): 4:35am On May 28, 2009
i will tell. yea, i have big mouth i dnt care. i hate cheaters so i dont really care who is doing it, but i will tell.

it will eat me up inside knowing one of my parent is cheating and other one doesnt really know about it.
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by tpiah: 5:44am On May 28, 2009
in a country like Nigeria, they dont call it cheating unless it involves the female half.

For the men, they can always say its their culture. Or blame everything on something the wife did or didnt do.
Re: What Should Children Do If They Catch Either Parent Cheating? by Ben13: 10:15am On May 28, 2009
tpiah:

in a country like Nigeria, they dont call it cheating unless it involves the female half.

For the men, they can always say its their culture. Or blame everything on something the wife did or didnt do.

funny cool

(1) (Reply)

Guys, Would You Like Your Wife To Call You Daddy? / Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl / Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.