Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,679 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Who Is Careerslip? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Who Is Careerslip? (7584 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Careerslip? by Sonyx(f): 11:51pm On Oct 02, 2012
Dear Nairalanders,
Have you ever received any sms from careerslip.com asking you to register on their website for a job position?
They claim to be a job recruitment website. Are they legit?
is Careerslip.com for real or, is it another scam?
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by kunleoyafajo: 8:58am On Oct 03, 2012
I got SMS as well. I tried to get their contact address but nothing of such is on the website and the whois domain search does not return adequate result to help trace them. It looks like another scam to me. I'm not gonna log my details on that website.
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by paule: 9:11am On Oct 03, 2012
I also got the same SMS. Please is this a scam?
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by segunb(m): 9:29am On Oct 03, 2012
I just got the same SMS now and am really baffled... if it is a scam - they sure have gone a good length to convince people. A lot of mistakes here and there but not enough to conclude that 'They are a scam' - since the timeline is 2 weeks and they want 1600+ candidates, there is sufficient time to hear from others before you can conclude if they are 'legit'.

God go dey help us for Nijja.
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by chuka2003(m): 10:23am On Oct 03, 2012
paule: I also got the same SMS. Please is this a scam?

SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!!

Baba nla scam!!! no contact address, no info about the company and i'm sure everyone got the same sms stating that our resumes were recommendeded to them... abeg, who is this kind hearted chap that recommended the whole of Lagos to careerslip? and LE831 come on... how can 1,600 jobs have the same code? @segunb, you are very correct, they went through a lot to pull this one off... the only question now is, to what end? what's their motive? Identity theft?? 9ja sha... smh. everyday, a new scam!

If i were you, i would stay off that site... Do not enter your personal details... pls

1 Like

Re: Who Is Careerslip? by GChux1: 10:44am On Oct 03, 2012
I also got the sms. They gave me two weeks too with a specific code. Minutes later, I received another saying "Your Resume has been recommended for the position of Legal Adviser/Company Lawyer. Please apply at www.careerslip.com Your job code is LE1752. Thank you."[color=#550000][/color] Now fact is, I have no papers befitting of that position. I just wonder if it's scam. If they are for real, they badly need a good website designer and competent writer to give their site a facelift and proper diction.
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by teewaii(m): 11:13am On Oct 03, 2012
I also got the sms ooooooooo. I dont know who they are but i have no reason to doubt the people that said i was recommended.
Concerning the same job code mentioned, i have applied and several job positions were listed. I will believe this is where our areas of specialization comes in. I found an email address on the site though, info@careerslip.com

I hope they are for real but so far I dont have any reason to doubt.

I have been contacted by adexen.com through something like this in the past. Philip consulting and Workforce do similar things. I will check their whois and see their contacts.
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by CareerSlip: 11:20am On Oct 03, 2012
Hello Everyone, Careerslip is actually legitimate.

Careerslip is a foreign Recruitment Agency who has been mandated by three major Organizations planning to start up in Nigeria.
We have recruited the help of various Recruitment Agencies to get various Resumes and would in fact still be running Adverts in the Guardian Newspaper next week.
Since we have various Resumes of which some are not specific, we saw the need to ask for individual Registrations stating the various Specializations of Registered people.

With regards to the Website, this is just a Registration Portal and not the full Site. The identity of the Full Site, the Office Address and Phone numbers are being undisclosed to avoid unnecessary disturbance which is why the Portal itself was created. The very first SMS sent was sent with our Phone number, but so may people were calling and not actually following the instructions given.

If you are stuck though and need some help or further clarifications, you can email us on nigeria@careerslip.com

Evelyn Shearfield
Recruitment Executive (Africa)

1 Like

Re: Who Is Careerslip? by GChux1: 12:38pm On Oct 03, 2012
CareerSlip: Hello Everyone, Careerslip is actually legitimate.

Careerslip is a foreign Recruitment Agency who has been mandated by three major Organizations planning to start up in Nigeria.
We have recruited the help of various Recruitment Agencies to get various Resumes and would in fact still be running Adverts in the Guardian Newspaper next week.
Since we have various Resumes of which some are not specific, we saw the need to ask for individual Registrations stating the various Specializations of Registered people.

With regards to the Website, this is just a Registration Portal and not the full Site. The identity of the Full Site, the Office Address and Phone numbers are being undisclosed to avoid unnecessary disturbance which is why the Portal itself was created. The very first SMS sent was sent with our Phone number, but so may people were calling and not actually following the instructions given.

If you are stuck though and need some help or further clarifications, you can email us on nigeria@careerslip.com

Evelyn Shearfield
Well Evelyn Shearfield, you made a lot of sense and clarification. Your website would need you to polish a couple things like diction, I think. With this, I'm sending my application right away!
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by CareerSlip: 2:56pm On Oct 03, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Due to the volume of emails we are getting, we may not be able to attend to your email.

Please do check next week Tuesday Guardian Newspaper (09 Oct 2012) for specific job codes. We will also make sure we place a copy here at Naira Land.

Also, please do not send your CV to nigeria@careerslip.com. This is one of the reasons we chose not to display any contact details on the portal. Thank you for your co-operation.

Thank you.

Evelyn.
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by teewaii(m): 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2012

Evelyn Shearfield

Okay. Evelyn, thanks for the clarification. I have applied and taken a test on the portal. I look forward to a favorable response.

I hope this is not one of those recruiting schemes that ask us to pay money later.

Thank you.
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by yamakuza: 5:56pm On Oct 03, 2012

Evelyn Shearfield

1. for some strange reason, i think you write like a Nigerian schooled in Nigeria.

2. your domain name was registered july 2012, and 3 undisclosed global companies want you to recruit 1600 people for them?

3. interestingly, theres very little information on your company name/address on google

you might want to give us a full company profile, including LinkedIn and Facebook profiles before we can take you seriously.

just saying ...

@ applicants:
what number did the SMS come from?

i wont be surprised if the phone numbers were sourced online. have any of y'all been dropping phone numbers carelessly?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Careerslip? by yamakuza: 6:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
how come a Global Recruitment Agency is purchasing hosting from Nigerian company?

i was even more surprised at the speed with which the said company signed up on NL to address this thread.

-------------------------

Retrieving DNS records for careerslip.com...
DNS servers
ns1.careerslip.com [184.172.210.55]
ns2.careerslip.com [184.172.210.55]

Answer records
careerslip.com TXT v=spf1 +a +mx +ip4:184.172.210.55 ?all 14400s
careerslip.com MX
preference: 0
exchange: careerslip.com
14400s
careerslip.com SOA
server: ns1.careerslip.com
email: poisemedia@gmail.com
serial: 2012093000
refresh: 86400
retry: 7200
expire: 3600000
minimum ttl: 86400
86400s
careerslip.com NS ns2.careerslip.com 86400s
careerslip.com NS ns1.careerslip.com 86400s
careerslip.com A 108.167.169.76 14400

------------------------------
Advertising in Nigeria: CONTACT VICTOR
victorariyibi..com/p/contact-victor.html - CachedShareLagos. Nigeria. +234-7031849540. poisemedia@gmail.com, victor.ariyibi@poisemedianigeria.com, www.victorariyibi.com, www.poisemedianigeria.com ...

Vacancy For Web Programmer - Software/Programmer Market ...
www.nairaland.com/99714/vacancy-web-programmer - CachedShareIf you are intrested please contact: PoiseMedia Co. 54 Akowonjo Rd. Bakery Bustop poisemedia@gmail.com 01-871-6673, 0802-987-9354, 0703-184-9540.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: CAREERSLIP.COM
Created on: 26-Jul-12
Expires on: 26-Jul-15
Last Updated on: 11-Sep-12

Registrant:
CareerSlip International

Peel House, 30 The Downs
Altrincham
Cheshire, Cheshire WA14 2PX
United Kingdom

Administrative Contact:
A. Freeman, Victor info@careerslip.com
CareerSlip International
Peel House, 30 The Downs
Altrincham
United Kingdom
+420.7024098041

Technical Contact:
CareerSlip International
Peel House, 30 The Downs
Altrincham
United Kingdom
+420.7024098041

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.CAREERSLIP.COM
NS2.CAREERSLIP.COM

1 Like

Re: Who Is Careerslip? by chuka2003(m): 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2012
yamakuza: how come a Global Recruitment Agency is purchasing hosting from Nigerian company?

i was even more surprised at the speed with which the said company signed up on NL to address this thread.

DNS servers

Answer records
careerslip.com MX
14400s
careerslip.com SOA
86400s

victorariyibi..com/p/contact-victor.html - CachedShareLagos. Nigeria. +234-7031849540. poisemedia@gmail.com, victor.ariyibi@poisemedianigeria.com, www.victorariyibi.com, www.poisemedianigeria.com ...

www.nairaland.com/99714/vacancy-web-programmer - CachedShareIf you are intrested please contact: PoiseMedia Co. 54 Akowonjo Rd. Bakery Bustop poisemedia@gmail.com 01-871-6673, 0802-987-9354, 0703-184-9540.

Registrant:
CareerSlip International

Peel House, 30 The Downs
Altrincham
United Kingdom

Administrative Contact:
CareerSlip International
Peel House, 30 The Downs
Altrincham
United Kingdom
+420.7024098041

Technical Contact:
CareerSlip International
Peel House, 30 The Downs
Altrincham
United Kingdom
+420.7024098041

NS1.CAREERSLIP.COM
NS2.CAREERSLIP.COM

nice one... they better do the right thing if they want anyone to take them serious. integrity is key!!!!
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by kilodeni2012: 12:54am On Oct 04, 2012
Caution: It looks and smells like a scam. You don't have to eat it to find out! shocked

The UK address given for "Careerslip International" is a sort of business centre that provides mail forwarding services! It seems these guys just used that to ensure they can get their scam mails to and from prospective mugus...

yamakuza: how come a Global Recruitment Agency is purchasing hosting from Nigerian company?

DNS servers

Answer records
careerslip.com MX
14400s
careerslip.com SOA
86400s

Registrant:
CareerSlip International

Peel House, 30 The Downs
Altrincham
United Kingdom

Administrative Contact:
CareerSlip International
Peel House, 30 The Downs
Altrincham
United Kingdom
+420.7024098041

Technical Contact:
CareerSlip International
Peel House, 30 The Downs
Altrincham
United Kingdom
+420.7024098041

NS1.CAREERSLIP.COM
NS2.CAREERSLIP.COM
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by wyfnmuda: 6:29am On Oct 04, 2012
You see the question I asked myself when I read all these posts was this: WHAT POSSIBLE SCAM CAN THIS COMPANY BE BREWING?!!!

Once I verified my email, I was sent a welcome mail in my inbox on their website on which I was directed to read their Recruitment Processes. I was further informed in no uncertain terms that they were not collecting money for their Services. The Process is long but after taking the test which was also done on their Website, I have to say, that the very worst this Company can be doing is collating a database,which in retrospect is nothing new. I have worked in a Consulting Firm before and have found that something like this was necessary why:

1. To simplify things for the Company, it was usually better not to mention the Recruiting Company's details as people will keep disturbing you.

2. It helped us to meet sometimes impossible deadlines given by new Clients.

They have neither asked for money or more credentials than my CV of which if I had the opportunity to advertise my Resume like is sometimes allowed on some foreign sites, I would, if for nothing else to get the attention of a prospective Recruiter or Headhunter.

Identity theft!!! Common now, does't that seem too far fetched? Scam!!! What can they possibly be scamming with? With what information? I just think we have very creative people in this Country. Ha ha ha grin

I've found out in this life though each day brings new things to try. I've given this a try and really, let's admit to ourselves that really the worst that can happen is that we won't get the job, but at least my CV is on the database.

P.S I've looked at the listed Websites and even got linked to another Company's website.They all seemed legitimate. Everyone can do what they want but as for me I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. If they want anonymity, I guess they''ve been able to achieve that as everyone seems to be going round in circles. Just do Or Better still don't and stop over-analyzing. Good luck to all of us who did!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Careerslip? by love30: 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
This is a BIG SCAM.

Who is Evelyn Shearfield, Recruitment Executive (Africa), you dont find this person on LinkedIn and if you google the name..... just see what comes out.

Now we hear they are a foreign recruiting firm, how is that possible, when we have a facebook page of them and from the history, its a naija guy telling us its a new recruiting firm his about to open this year.................hummmmm

Also, the test questions are just rubbish. it asking you more how you will deal with conflict and motivating your team..........these questions only get asked if they are recruiting senior management or Team leaders.......i am very sure the whole 1,600 jobs will not be for senior management or team leaders.

How they got my number is amazing cos am not registered with any recruitment firm as claimed by the person called Evelyn Shearfield.

Evelyn is also telling us to send mail to nigeria@careerslip.com as against the email provided on the website .....info@careerslip.com

Lastly, am sure the Guardian Newspaper is yet to get any information from careerslip on running any advert next week. Am so waiting to see this ADVERT.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Careerslip? by Biggoozz: 11:21am On Oct 09, 2012
Hello!!! If anyone has proved the genuineness of CAREERSLIP from the Tuesday Guardian today as they said, please share here.

Thank you.
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by wyfnmuda: 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2012
Biggoozz: Hello!!! If anyone has proved the genuineness of CAREERSLIP from the Tuesday Guardian today as they said, please share here.

Thank you.

Yes I have, check today's Guardian page 46.
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2012
Yeah. I saw their advert in today's Guardian newspaper. I applied, logged in necessary details, but what baffles me now is that I can not access my account anymore. I hope this is not a scam.
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by yamakuza: 4:21pm On Oct 09, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/1069591/hiring

people should please try and keep us updated.

Transparency is the keyword here.
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by wyfnmuda: 5:30am On Oct 10, 2012
feature11: Yeah. I saw their advert in today's Guardian newspaper. I applied, logged in necessary details, but what baffles me now is that I can not access my account anymore. I hope this is not a scam.

Have you checked your email? When I registered, I was sent an email with my Username and Password with an Activation link. Without clicking this link, you will be unable to log in and then possibly access your Account.

I can log in and have never had a problem with accessing my Account.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure why there is still this talk of this hoping they are not Scam. Have they asked you for money?
If they have please inform the house, if not please give the poor Company a break already! One cannot read up to five posts on this forum without having the word Scam bandied around like every two seconds.

It is well o.
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 10, 2012
wyfnmuda:

Have you checked your email? When I registered, I was sent an email with my Username and Password with an Activation link. Without clicking this link, you will be unable to log in and then possibly access your Account.

I can log in and have never had a problem with accessing my Account.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure why there is still this talk of this hoping they are not Scam. Have they asked you for money?
If they have please inform the house, if not please give the poor Company a break already! One cannot read up to five posts on this forum without having the word Scam bandied around like every two seconds.

It is well o.

I have done all that. I will try again.maybe their site was busy as at that time
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2012
I can now access my account.
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by wyfnmuda: 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2012
feature11: I can now access my account.

It is well...
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by Johnnyemy: 4:40pm On Oct 10, 2012
I hope it wont b like one stupid omotology consulting firm dat called us for interview at Ikeja when we went there the so called CEO requested 72k from us for certification,,, gues what I deed,,, I pick run...., If dis one happen to b desame I go still run,,, because U cannot force me to give U money unless U b rubber na.. Hahaha!!!cheesycheesycheesy
I love this position project Administrative Assistant(PR419) hahahacheesycheesycheesy is a gud reminder sha.
Re: Who Is Careerslip? by mgowsiya: 7:27am On Dec 07, 2020
I have just completed work here on this thread, to review this site go here.

(1) (Reply)

Public Service: An Umuahia Based Police Woman Bags Recognition Award / How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity / Nigeria Custom Service Application Forms On Sale For The 2012/13 Intake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.