Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,049 members, 7,838,652 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (10864 Views)

Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? / Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? / I Was Paid To Lie Against Pastor T. B. Joshua; Bisola Johnson. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? by anonimi: 7:53am On Oct 05, 2012
Image123:
All these figures could have died or been harmed inspite of their lies, and the Bible does not glorify or encourage their lies. Actually, their weaknesses are revealed to remind us that they were mere men like us, and we can achieve the righteousness, faith, and exploits that they achieved. It's a sorry case if their lies are what encourage you in all of their rich lifeS.

Where did you get the bold part from in my post? Is this not lying on your part
Since they were men like us who lied as blessed people of God, lying does not stop us from receiving God's "blessings". QED.

Rahab had no Bible. She was a blaady halot canaanite that would have perished with Jericho. Her actions of lying should not be emulated. It's not her lies that saved her or the spies. i believe God could still have saved the spies if He had to, He is the Giver of life. And their death or life will not have stopped Jericho walls from crashing down. If they had been found, perhaps they may be arrested until rescue came, or God may even hide them(i won't put it beyond Him).
Josh 2:9 And she said unto the men, I know that the LORD hath given you the land, and that your terror is fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land faint because of you.
This is the faith that saved her, it was not her lie but her faith that saved her.

Again, she was blessed DESPITE her lie - statement of Biblical FACT.
Learn to deal with it.
Re: Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? by aryzgreat: 10:23am On Oct 05, 2012
killuminati: Christians are free to lie since even their unholy book is formed by a bunch of LIARS tongue

and if somebody should repeat this blasphemy in islam thread, BOKO HARAM MACLATUNJI will ban him for life! religion of piss!
Re: Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? by Image123(m): 10:31am On Oct 05, 2012
Callotti:

Honey. . . I really could not give a phock! kiss
Just face the damn topic and stop mastu-rb-bating with 'Callotti' every night huh?
If you are lacking in some areas. . . I am sure for a small fee. . .I can arrange for one NL-hooker from the 'Romance Section', without teeth. . . . to 'wet your whistle'. . .and give you a 'GUM-JOB'! grin
You know I don't phock NLanders abi? wink

THANK YOUR NASTY GOD. . . my history never reassssh NL planet of dunces like ya! cool

Bottom line. . .face the damn topic!
Thank you. kiss
if you'd not been too busy fantasizing, you'd observe that i already faced the topic.
Re: Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? by Image123(m): 10:36am On Oct 05, 2012
anonimi:

But God blessed them [size=13pt]despite lying.[/size]
The same way the God of Israel blessed the pro.stitute who lied about the Jewish spies in her house.
when you decide to make egyptians and amorites your role models, and even fail to learn from their good examples,but are bent on self will to hinge your love for deceit on them, what can i say, goodluck.
Re: Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? by destinedtee(m): 11:35am On Oct 05, 2012
@Image123: God bless you real good.I saw youur responses to various views on the second page...U are just on point.
Re: Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 05, 2012
Yes...
Re: Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? by jnrremedy(m): 11:00am On Oct 06, 2012
i dont understand why some Christians are settting their standard against imperfect men in the bible. as a christrian u should strive to be like christ not like some imperfect men. will u say fornication is justifiable because david a man after Gods heart also fornicated. it is not only sinful to lie but also morally wrong. honesty is a virtue evrybody should strive to have
Re: Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
jnrremedy: i dont understand why some Christians are settting their standard against imperfect men in the bible. as a christrian u should strive to be like christ not like some imperfect men. will u say fornication is justifiable because david a man after Gods heart also fornicated. it is not only sinful to lie but also morally wrong. honesty is a virtue evrybody should strive to have
assassins comes to your house to kill your dad...buh ur dad is hidding in the tank...will you reveal where he is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... / Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! / Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.