Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Mayans' 2012 Prediction - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mayans' 2012 Prediction (15669 Views)

Photos From Calabar Festival 2012 / CARNIVAL CALABAR 2012: Post Your Pictures! / Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Shaw007(m): 2:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
Well just for the fun of it. . .i would like it 2 be the way it was exactly in dat '2012' movie. .even though i'm nt Bill gates or buffet and no €1bn for a ticket or 2,i'm stIll getting on the Arkgringringrin
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by safarigirl(f): 2:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
No, the world is not ending in 2012, these calculations were made according to the Gregorian calendar, what about the Chinese calendar that's months away? couldn't this have been just an honest mistake made by some dude? Anyways I read somewhere that there's a miscalculation by at least 50 years, so y'all can still buy the ingredients for christmas rice, and the fireworks. Abi did the Bible not say 'WORLD WITHOUT END'?
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by CrazyMan(m): 2:16pm On Oct 06, 2012
We've been through this before.

Nostrademus said the would would come to an end in the year 2000...this is 2012.

Other countless prophecies also came and went. Nothing happened.

December 21st would come and go just like every other day.

God's word cannot change...no one knows the day.

Matthew 24:36-37.  "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

5 Likes

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
IT IS NOTEWORTHY THAT THE MAYANS ARE DESCENDANTS OF HEBREW ISRAELITES, THE OLMECS TO BE SPECIFIC, WHO RAN INTO THE AMERICAS AROUND 800 BC AFTER THE ASSYRIAN CAPTIVITY. THEY ARE THE DESCENDANTS OF THE NORTHERN KINGDOM OF ISRAEL. AS SUCH THEIR PREDICTIONS MAY HAVE BEEN SOMEWHAT BIBLICAL. AND WE CAN SEE IT COMING TO PLAY. WATER HAS TURNED TO BLOOD. ISRAEL ABOUT TO ATTACK IRAN TO TRIGGER ARMAGEDDON. FLOODING OF THE WHOLE WORLD AS WE SPEAK. WARS AND RUMORS OF WARS. CORRUPTION IN HIGH PLACES. KNOWLEDGE WILL BE INCREASED. LIBYA AND EGYPT AND SUDAN ALREADY INVADED FOR OIL AND GAS ( LAST PROPHESY IN THE BOOK OF DANIEL ). YUP WE AT THE END. NOT THE END OF THE WORLD BUT THE CHANGE OF GUARD OF RULERSHIP FROM GENTILES TO THE SAINTS.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by acidtalk: 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
Also Read The Predictions To Happen Before 31st December 2012

https://www.nairaland.com/1066757/predictions-last-quarter-year
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Bunchersstab(m): 2:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
ASk google
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by lekanwj(m): 2:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
What is all this predictions and fortune tellings. We are all in this world only to service the 1 true God and give account of our stewardship at the end. In as much as there are enough signs of end time, I believe it is still not near.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by neotaokpa: 2:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
so he's now God abi angry angry
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by freecocoa(f): 2:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
Whatever be the case, me I'm not ready to become extinct yet, I never born pikin and I really want that before I die so.....

1 Like

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by mkmyers45(m): 2:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
Only true intellects understand the Mayans...
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by mkmyers45(m): 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
neotaokpa: so he's now God abi angry angry
Are you just trying to be st.upid?
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by toyeoye(m): 2:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ok guys,i got bad news...i dreamt about the world comin to an end this year recently and my dreams ALWAYS comes to pass.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Holyrule(m): 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
shevon: I am not that religious neither am I a strong believer of science. But looking at the things that have been happening around the world like the global warming and its resultant effect (which some people argue that it had been foreseen as far back as 20years ago) and also considering what the Bible said (I don't know if the Holy Qur'an mentioned anything about it) about the end time, should we also not be taking the prediction of the Mayan's about the world ending by 21st Dec, 2012 seriously? I am not posting this to scare people or have some people throw insults at each other or myself, I just want us to reason along the line of logic. Your comments please.
world's not ending December jare. No one knows when it would ok, there's still a lot to come to past
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
freecocoa: Whatever be the case, me I'm not ready to become extinct yet, I never born pikin and I really want that before I die so.....
SO YOU WANT TO BORN PIKIN INTO TURBULENT TIMES ? grin I HOPE YOU ARE READY FOR WW3. ITS COMING IN A FEW WEEKS TIME
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
Bwhahahaha

The Mayans never predicted the end of the world, hollywood just ran with the story... They just said the planet earth will shift from pisces to aquarius, in the constellation... And the date isn't certain yet, it's either 2012, or 2150... We're currently in pisces constellation, hence why Christianity was birthed, and Jesus became the fishers of men - and the end of the world the bible talked about, is about the end of the pisces constellation... We've been on this planet for millions of years and the world is never going to end... Some continents might get swallowed up like Atlantis, but new continents would be formed, when d planet shifts...

The Aquarius constellation will usher in a new form of consciousness and religion...

PS: we're not the Aryan race. White people are the Aryan race and the youngest race on this planet.. They joined us after the ice age, when we moved into the pisces constellation - from mountain caucausoid..
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Orukky1(m): 2:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
Y r som pple bustin & cursin dem selves because of a prediction wot eva. Go & read ur bible & c wot it says abt d end time. Dec 21st will surely com & go. Mark my words. Som time ago som guy in d USA predicted dat d world would com to an end on a particular, dat day came & nothin happened. We r still here 2day. D time & day no bodi knws, not even JESUS, only JEHOVAH knws. Dese predictns r meant to put fear in d hearts of d weak & gullible.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 06, 2012
O‘rukky:
Y r som pple bustin & cursin dem selves because of a prediction wot eva. Go & read ur bible & c wot it says abt d end time. Dec 21st will surely com & go. Mark my words. Som time ago som guy in d USA predicted dat d world would com to an end on a particular, dat day came & nothin happened. We r still here 2day. D time & day no bodi knws, not even JESUS, only JEHOVAH knws. Dese predictns r meant to put fear in d hearts of d weak & gullible.
SCRIPTURE SAYS MEASURE THE TIMES DILIGENTLY. WHAT IS THE LAST PROPHESY IN THE BIBLE THAT WILL OCCUR BEFORE THE COMING ? ITS IN THE BOOK OF DANIEL. IT IS LIBYA AND SUDAN AND EGYPT GETTING TAKEN OVER FOR THEIR 'PRECIOUS THINGS'. WHAT DO THOSE 3 COUNTRIES HAVE IN COMMON ? OIL AND GAS. THIS IS WHAT THE BIBLE CALLS THEIR PRECIOUS THINGS. THE POINT HERE IS WE ARE AT THE END OF AN ERA. THOSE 3 GOT TOOK OVER FINALLY LAST YEAR
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
nyameke: Well the world would not end in Dec.. what will end is the current race or period of humanity evolution . The current period which is the Aryan race ( we are all part of the Aryan race ) will end in Dec. and the 6th race it period of humanity evolution will be ushered in. The 6th period will be all about integration and harmony. Humanity will begin to understand the physical and the metaphysical worlds and great wonders will be done and many secrets revealed.

The last race will be the paradisian race

sir, we are not part of the aryan race. in fact, claiming that blacks are part of the aryan race might have gotten you hanged during nazi era!

we are referred to as afrikanishe nega race.

aryan race or any race issues has nothing to do with mayan predictions.

visit the below link for details on aryan race.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_Aryan_race

@topic.

after studying the Mayan calendar and their predictions that have come to pass, scientists seem to agree that 2012 may be the end of world as we know it. not metaphorical but real.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Kslib(m): 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
toyeoye: Ok guys,i got bad news...i dreamt about the world comin to an end this year recently and my dreams ALWAYS comes to pass.
And you gladly woke-up from the dream abi? Why didn't you check your calender in the dream to know the exact year?
Pls always sleep close to your calender,so you can easily check it for us...

1 Like

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
This is just simple metaphysics and the study of the planet and universe... Everything you need to know is in the bible, but prophets were used as allegories to explain it - that's knowledge and parables...

Abraham, moses et al represented different constellations... And Jesus was the last of the titans, and he also talked the Aquarius constellation, using the picture that depicts Aquarius as an allegory of what will happen when the world ends(when we move to a new constellation)...

However, the world isn't ending any time soon - but some parts of the world might get swallowed up, and as the North Pole melts - new continents would be created... That's why the global warming crap is a big ponzi scheme... Africa is safe, we're at the center of the world...

New consciousness and a new phase in humanity... The supreme being and the creator is the greatest, science is just made believe... Higher minds!!!
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by mjconcept(m): 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2012
I'm beginning to enjoy this folktale, oya yab me more.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
Everything you need to know is in the Egyptian book of the dead and the bible(but the used different characters).. However, the Egyptian book of the dead explained it better, because it's the original version.. The Bible remixed it!

God help us all - each one, teach one..

*driving, I'm out*
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by freecocoa(f): 3:16pm On Oct 06, 2012
obadiah777: SO YOU WANT TO BORN PIKIN INTO TURBULENT TIMES ? grin I HOPE YOU ARE READY FOR WW3. ITS COMING IN A FEW WEEKS TIME
Na today trouble start for the world? Abegi bad things don dey happen since.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by tevinsolt: 3:17pm On Oct 06, 2012
not really but something significant might happen....
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by brownsug(f): 3:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
I may not know d aryan or mayan blah blah blah,but i know d truth d world ends any moment from now,and i suggest everyone mend his ways it may be to late tomorrow,JESUS is wait for u to accept Him as ur saviour
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 06, 2012
Mayan didnt say anything about 2012; HollyWood did. Anyway, the planet's temperature is getting high gradually due to global warming, and we are seeing the effects already. The increase in temperature has lead to increase in velocity. so The revolution and rotation of the Earth has been speed up, leading to faster seasons, faster years etc. Good thing is, we will naturally think we live 200 years when in real cosmic sense, we never lived 50 years. I dont know who understands this. But there will come a time in the far future that the Earth's spin will become too uncomfortable, we will witness strong winds, and tornadoes and its time for us to find another planet like earth for continuation of our species. This will still take thousands of years though. But definitely, sometime in the far future, Earth wont be favorable for human survival.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
Remember how crazy people got when they thought that the world was going to end when 2000 hit?

I would love to see some real and legit proof on when the world will actually end.

tevinsolt: not really but something significant might happen....

yeah and that's my wedding date!
cool

1 Like

Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by donniemc: 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
nyameke: Well the world would not end in Dec.. what will end is the current race or period of humanity evolution . The current period which is the Aryan race ( we are all part of the Aryan race ) will end in Dec. and the 6th race it period of humanity evolution will be ushered in. The 6th period will be all about integration and harmony. Humanity will begin to understand the physical and the metaphysical worlds and great wonders will be done and many secrets revealed.

The last race will be the paradisian race

[size=18pt]THANK YOU!!![/size]
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
*Comments Reserved* till that day.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Amya(f): 4:27pm On Oct 06, 2012
Yeah on that day, something significant will happen. Christians, Mayans and even scientist agreed to that.

Methinks an asteroid will hit the earth and wipe it of all human race.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by Sprumbaba: 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
World cannot come to an end because Nigeria is just 50 years plus. We are still young and Ipad 20 has not even come out yet.
Re: Mayans' 2012 Prediction by kinematic(m): 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
The mayan calendar is simply a systematic method of numbering days without exhausting too much storage memory, because the number of days since the inception of the earth can only keep increasing and therefore tend towards infinity. Hence the mayan numbering system.

The 1st day of the earth is called the "Kin"

The 1st 20 days of the earth is called the "Winal" i.e 1 Winal = 20 Kins

The 1st 360 days (Approx 1year) of the earth is called the "Tun" i.e 1 Tun = 18 winal (Approx 1year)

The 1st 7,200 days (Approx 19.7years) of the earth is called a "Katun" i.e 1 Katun = 20 Tun (Approx 19.7years)

The 1st 144,000 days (Approx 394.3years) of the earth is called a "Baktun" i.e 1 Baktun = 20 Katun

The 1st 2,880,000 days (Approx 7,885 years) of the earth is a "Piktun" i.e 1 Piktun = 20 Baktun [This is calculated to reach completion on Dec 21st 2012]

The 1st 57,600,000 days (Approx 157,808 years) of the earth is called a "Kalabtun" i.e 1 Kalabtun = 20 Piktun

The 1st 1,152,000,000 days (Approx 3,156,164 years) of the earth is called a "Kinchiltun" i.e 1 Kinchiltun = 20 Kalabtun

The 1st 23,040,000,000 days (Approx 63,123,288 years) of the earth is called the "Alautun" i.e 1 Alautun = 20 Kinchiltun [This is the point where the Mayans discontinue the numbering of days]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arrival Of A New Baby Amongst Ndigbo. / How Many Nigerian Languages Can You Speak? / Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.