Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Please Help Me with This mod? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help Me with This mod? (1113 Views)

Hot Forum Links Mod For Smf 2.0.4 / How Can I Install SA Facebook Mod In Smf Forum? / My Nairaland Frontpage "Mod" For SMF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me with This mod? by JambExpert(m): 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2012
How can i range my board section in the front page like niaraland.. see example below:

Science/Technology:
Programming, Webmasters, Computers, Phones, Graphics/Video, Technology Market
Entertainment: Jokes Etc, TV/Movies, Music/Radio, Celebrities, Fashion, Events, Sports, Gaming, Forum Games, Literature/Writing
Nairaland / General: Politics, Romance, Business, Jobs/Vacancies, Career, NYSC, Education, Autos, Car Talk, Properties, Health, Travel, Family, Culture, Religion, Food, Diaries

how can i do mine like that i am using smf 2.0.2?
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by JambExpert(m): 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2012
help
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by naijacampu(m): 3:05am On Oct 04, 2012
Which script are you using? SMF? Can you post the code and maybe I will help you with the manual edits.
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by JambExpert(m): 7:04am On Oct 04, 2012
smf 2.0.2
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by naijacampu(m): 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ok,I will probably look into it but I will not promise quick respose cos am busy now
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by naijacampu(m): 2:18am On Oct 05, 2012
Ok, If you exactly want your forum to look like Nairaland, you have to understand what exactly he did with the front page, as of the category,forum,and subforum, here us what he did

1. He created 1 category and names it this NAIRALAND NIGERIAN FORUMS and aligned it to the center instead of the default left align ( Simple code edits will achieve this)

2. He created three boards/forums naming them Science/Technology:, Entertainment:, Nairaland / General:

3. He then created other forums as child-boards on each of the boards,

so you will

Create on single category
Create three forums under the single categories
Create child-boards in each of the boards as your 'Role Model' did
eg Programming, Webmasters, Computers, Phones, Graphics/Video, Technology Market are child boards of Science/Technology

Do you get my explanation? If not ask a question, then final level which involves code edits.

2:17 AM shocked

ZZZZZZZ

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by JambExpert(m): 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2012
but pls how can i make the child board be in front of the three major boards?
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by naijacampu(m): 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2012
We will achieve it by editing the codes, please are you through with the first step?
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by JambUpdates(m): 7:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
no i have not done that... there is another major problem, the site is not search engine friendly at all.. pls help
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by naijacampu(m): 9:27pm On Oct 05, 2012
I suggest we do it one after the other, do you need the code editing or the Search engine optimization.
Honestly, I think SMF does well is search engine, your site not friendly in search engine have face reasons. Why cant we finish one before the other?
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by Johnthentic: 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ok one after the other. Thanks i really appreciate your effort. I need the code editing
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by naijacampu(m): 6:24am On Oct 06, 2012
Can you please attach your template index file here?
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by Johnthentic: 7:16am On Oct 06, 2012
How can i attach it here
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by naijacampu(m): 9:05am On Oct 06, 2012
In the reply form, you will see a space to add attachment. The file you should attach is the one that displays the board index. Boarindex.template.php I guess. It should be in your template directory.
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by JambExpert(m): 9:44am On Oct 06, 2012
what do you want to do with it?
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by naijacampu(m): 10:37am On Oct 06, 2012
JambExpert: what do you want to do with it?

That is the front page file for smf,your website cannot look like Nairaland if the file is not edited.
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by JambExpert(m): 10:52am On Oct 06, 2012
so what do i do now?
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by naijacampu(m): 11:01am On Oct 06, 2012
You are using the default SMF theme? Maybe I will download it and edit for you, you looks not to have clue on what I am saying
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by JambExpert(m): 11:14am On Oct 06, 2012
i am not using the default smf theme, i am using copy right theme endosed by me...
here is the website see the image below and visit the website to see

Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by JambExpert(m): 11:47am On Oct 06, 2012
how do you see the site?
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by naijacampu(m): 11:50am On Oct 06, 2012
The website is not opening well at my end but the theme is custom so you have to send me your BoardIndex.template.php file for the editing, you will get it at
Cpanel - File Manager - public_html - Forum Directory - Themes - (Theme Name)- BoardIndex.template.php ( the file I needs)
Thanks.
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by JambExpert(m): 11:59am On Oct 06, 2012
my website is not search engine friendly as this smf nairaland

is not search engine friendly at all, thousands of threads/topics/posts
have been created yet i can find any on google and other search engines since the site was launched.

Please help me, what can i do to make it search engine friendly like nairaland,

so that immediately i post any article search engines will crawl it under 5 minutes with immediate effect.

smf 2.0.2 here is the site name in this image below

pls help me
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by naijacampu(m): 12:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
We were talking of editing the category base on the board index, which we are some distance away,now we are talking of SEO without sorthing out the Nairaland Customization. Honestly, you are getting me confused.
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by JambExpert(m): 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
i am sorry, i sent a reply before i never knew it did not go through before sending the other.

am searching for the password to the cpanel. we will be back to this as soon as the SEO for my site is done.

i know it is one after the other but honestly i must confess the majoy problem i am facing right now and that i have posted before without getting any reply is the SEO of my site.

my site is not search engine friendly at all. pls help me naijacampu
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by naijacampu(m): 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ok, I wanted to look at your board but I got this

Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by JambExpert(m): 12:56pm On Oct 06, 2012
i install a mod that affect that most of the files... i dnt know what to do cos ia m not an HTML expect
Re: Please Help Me with This mod? by JambExpert(m): 12:57pm On Oct 06, 2012
try it again it will open

(1) (Reply)

Pls, Kindly Help A Brother, Who's New To Web Design. / Digital Media Copyright Infringement - A Case Study Of Linda Ikeji / How Many Domains Can I Buy With 0.99 On Godaddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.