Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Holy Amnesia - A Solution To Islamic Relgious Violence. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Holy Amnesia - A Solution To Islamic Relgious Violence. (905 Views)

Where Do I Go To After Death And How Do I Get There According To Islamic Belief / VIDEO: Girls Face Jail For Dancing Maroon 5 To Islamic Prayer / Ramad-amnesia, A Contagious Disease Among Muslims. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holy Amnesia - A Solution To Islamic Relgious Violence. by TheOP1(m): 5:02pm On Oct 03, 2012
Given this violent legacy in religion lets compare the
brutality quotient of the Quran and the Bible.

Defense Vs. Total Annihilation
Much to my surprise, the Islamic
scriptures in the Quran were actually far less bloody
and less violent than those in the Bible.

Violence in the Quran, is
largely a defense against attack.
"By the standards of the time, which is the
7th century A.D., the laws of war that are
laid
down by the Quran are actually
reasonably humane.

Then we turn to the
Bible, and we actually find something that is for many people a real surprise.
There is a specific kind of warfare laid down in the
Bible which we can only call genocide.

It is called herem, and it means total annihilation. Consider the Book of 1
Samuel,
when God instructs King Saul to attack the
Amalekites: "And utterly destroy all that
they
have, and do not spare them," God says
through the prophet Samuel. "But kill both
man and woman, infant and nursing
child,
ox and sheep, camel and donkey."
When Saul failed to do that, God took
away
his kingdom.
"In other words, Saul has
committed a dreadful sin by failing to
complete genocide. And that passage
echoes through Christian history. It is
often
used, for example, in American stories of
the
confrontation with Indians — not just is it
legitimate to kill Indians, but you are
violating God's law if you do not."
The history of Christianity
is strewn with herem. During the
Crusades
in the Middle Ages, the Catholic popes
declared the Muslims Amalekites. In the
great religious wars in the 16th, 17th and
19th centuries, Protestants and Catholics
each believed the other side were the
Amalekites and should be utterly
destroyed.

'Holy Amnesia'
But even though the Bible is
violent, Christianity and Judaism today are
not for the most part.
"What happens in all religions as they
grow
and mature and expand, they go through
a
process of forgetting of the original
violence, and I call this a process of holy
amnesia.

Its only a matter of time before Islam loses its violent side.
Re: Holy Amnesia - A Solution To Islamic Relgious Violence. by butterflyy(f): 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
I sorry for u. U re only citing these examples to justify moslems insatiable thirst for blood. Change while therez time.
Re: Holy Amnesia - A Solution To Islamic Relgious Violence. by TheOP1(m): 5:28pm On Oct 03, 2012
NO. Its God's insatiable thirst for blood that worries me.

Ever wondered why your God couldnt forgive the sins of his own creation without spilling blood (On the cross).
Re: Holy Amnesia - A Solution To Islamic Relgious Violence. by manmacho: 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2012
The OP: NO. Its God's insatiable thirst for blood that worries me.

Ever wondered why your God couldnt forgive the sins of his own creation without spilling blood (On the cross).
The bible says without the shedding of blood there will be no remission for sin. That makes Jesus the holy lamb of God a perfect subtitute for our sin.
From your earlier quote; the death penalties u see in old testament applied to everybody, isreal or not. To say the truth sin is very deadly, repent by accepting christ Jesus
Re: Holy Amnesia - A Solution To Islamic Relgious Violence. by TheOP1(m): 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
The idea behind my post is this :-
Judaism and christianity have both had their "Very Bloody Past" and have now settled for "Religious moderation".

Islam is however still in it's bloody era , with time they will also embrace religious moderation and turn a blind eye to it's violent past and injuctions (like the present jews and christians).
This I call "Holy Amnesia".

For example - The jews ,who do not believe in the less violent new testament do not practice the blasphemy laws as espoused in old testement, this injuction hasnt change since they do not believe in the more recent Gospel of christ, but they will be quick to point accusing finger at the muslims blasphemy law calling their Allah blood thirsty (Turning a blind eye to the similar blasphemy law in the torah ) which they no more practice.
Re: Holy Amnesia - A Solution To Islamic Relgious Violence. by TheOP1(m): 5:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
Another example of "Religious Evolution" is when the christians make statement as " Our God is a consuming fire he can fight for himself" , "God doesnt need humans to fight his battles" e.t.c

Ask the people ( Amalekite women, children and cattle) who were killed on the order of Jehovah whether their killers were humans or angels?

God fights his battle my foot.

When david killed goliath, why didnt he just sit down and do nothing; waiting for the hosts of heaven to do the killing.

(1) (Reply)

A Xtian Lady Ask Zakir Naik Why Do Muslims Marries 4 Wives / The Nurse And The Muslim Patient – A True Story From The United Kingdom. / 2019 Peace & Unity Convention Lagos - Mufti Menk And Co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.