Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Gbagaun: Yoruba Movies And Their Subtitling Missiles - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gbagaun: Yoruba Movies And Their Subtitling Missiles (1631 Views)

Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Best Yoruba Movies Of All Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbagaun: Yoruba Movies And Their Subtitling Missiles by amakaikeng(f): 7:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
Haba! these people should take it easy naah, its not by force to do a subtitle o. You either get competent person(s) to do it or you leave it out. Shikena.

Go here to see more #Gbagans! http://amakaikenga..com/2012/10/gbagan-please-who-is-responsible-for.html

Re: Gbagaun: Yoruba Movies And Their Subtitling Missiles by Ejine(m): 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
LMAO!! grin

"The person you have killed is dead" --- He isssss?!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Gbagaun: Yoruba Movies And Their Subtitling Missiles by sgtkole: 11:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
@ op some very funny people are responsible cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Gbagaun: Yoruba Movies And Their Subtitling Missiles by VillageBoi(m): 8:00pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ejiné: LMAO!! grin

"The person you have killed is dead" --- He isssss?!! shocked shocked shocked

Of the whole bunch that one is not really bad. But I do understand the purpose of the thread. We spoke about this very same 'The person you have killed is dead'.

Similar stuff has been said in Hollywood movies... for the love of anything I can't remember which films have used lines like "He wants to kill me, kill me dead!!" It's just stressing the point and also the way a character speaks.

An interesting thing about grammar in scripts is it doesn't always have to be 'right'... the way we speak is usually very different from the way we write; and use of grammar can define/add an additional layer to certain characters. It would be totally odd if a riff-raff looking, junkie, gang-banger from LA is speaking stunningly fluent Queen's english or a Head of Surgery speaking like a school dropout.

We should also write for how each character 'speaks' as an individual but this also depeds on what sort of script is being written. There are a number of films out there that have every character with the exact same speech pattern... not very dimensional at all... and quite frankly very boring. I think we always need to do a very thorough backstory during character development even though we know 90% of what we are discovering about 'said' character will not be used in the script. So don't be afraid to write "I am going to kill you, I mean properly kill you dead" - bad grammar but your audience will remember lines that are crazily off-key or completely unexpected.
I'm not saying correct grammar is wrong I'm just saying not everyone speaks like that. Make memorable characters that we'll love!!
Re: Gbagaun: Yoruba Movies And Their Subtitling Missiles by jmaine: 11:43pm On Oct 04, 2012
Re: Gbagaun: Yoruba Movies And Their Subtitling Missiles by tpia5: 4:00am On Oct 08, 2012
they will get there, amen.

(1) (Reply)

Need To Download Films On My Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Ooooo / The Girlfriend Experience Season 2 / Is There Any Other Film More Fascinating, Thrilling & Intriguing As The Idiots?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.