Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,048 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students (6448 Views)

Inspirational - Armless Girl Writing With Her Leg / Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online / UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by samguy: 11:43am On Oct 04, 2012
Teaching with her toes: Armless tutor inspires students

It’s a new school year and students are getting to know their teachers – but one special teacher is receiving attention for her fancy footwork.
Mary Gannon, a 24-year-old math tutor, was born without arms and teaches with her toes, amazing and inspiring students and staff at Harding Middle School in Lakewood, Ohio. She’s become a living example that anything is possible.

Read More:=> http://www.wapjoint.com

4 Likes

Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
wow!! this is a very good inspiration

how i wish some handicapped Nigerians can learn from this not only begging arms undecided
Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by Ariyke: 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
Wonderfull!! bt come o is she comfortable like dat?shocked
Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by Mahattman: 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
Wao.. a gud sample of how to disable disability

2 Likes

Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by Excelboi(m): 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
Inspiring and very motivating...
Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by ashson: 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
may be impossible in Nigeria
Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by Adanyebe(m): 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
I was so brilliant but education ruined me cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by Flygerian1(m): 2:42pm On Oct 04, 2012
Excelboi: Inspiring and very motivating...
Am tellin u, honestly!
Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by wandeay: 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2012
Inspiring!!

1 Like

Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2012
What is this, for Christ's sake?

1 Like

Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by Oddy1983: 3:27pm On Oct 04, 2012
T̶̲̥̅̊ђȊ̝̊̅§. Ȋ̝̊̅§ challenging. Disability Ȋ̝̊̅§ not inability. God bless her

1 Like

Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by martyns303(m): 4:19pm On Oct 04, 2012
i bet she's Indian.
Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by DollyParton1(f): 4:37pm On Oct 04, 2012
martyns303: i bet she's Indian.

So what's your point?
Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by gentlegg(m): 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mahattman: Wao.. a gud sample of how to disable disability
I like that phrase
Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by samguy: 5:25pm On Oct 04, 2012
i dont think any of her students can have any good reason to fail
Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by cyara(f): 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
This is really great. This picture should be shown to some of our nigerian begger who have all their body parts complete and still decide to roam about the streets

1 Like

Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by lorddannie: 7:35pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ariyke: Wonderfull!! bt come o is she comfortable like dat?shocked
practice makes perfect. she is doing her leg-work
Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by LloydIy(m): 8:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
Wow! She's courageous to even venture into teaching.
Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by adewaleh(m): 10:04am On Oct 05, 2012
~vicky~:
wow!! this is a very good inspiration

how i wish some handicapped Nigerians can learn from this not only begging arms undecided

i sometimes think about why they don't think or learn how to make life comfortable for them. if they are closer to God and have Goals to be achieved, the sky will be there limit.
Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by Oddy1983: 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2012
DV 2014[color=#006600][/color]
the̶̲̥̅̊ VISA LOTTERY form Ȋ̝̊̅§ out
Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by cool318(m): 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2012
God bless her
Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by Oddy1983: 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2012
Visa lottery Ȋ̝̊̅§ out oooo
Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by Ezedon(m): 9:04pm On Jul 04, 2014
That is chinese learning how to defend herself with kungfu when her hand is tied
Re: Teaching With Her Toes: Armless Tutor Inspires Students by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
Ayaa.. oh my God!, this is really amazing , awesome & thought-provoking . Reminds me of pastor nick , gat no limbs but doing wonders . And now we have a wonderful tutor/teacher who gat no hands also doing wonders even teaching math , ignoring all odds , making sure she survives & live a life void of stigma or self pity .

We must all learn from this , we are always quick to complain about things we don't have or things we couldn't achieve , spending deal of time playing the "blame-game" rather than appreciating our maker for the condition we find ourselves & recourses we have at hand , seeing how we could convert our disadvantages / misfortunes to something substantially beneficial to ourself & our environ like this chap is doing . like a quotation i saw times back " I WAS CRYING I HAVE NO SHOES , UNTIL I SAW SOMEONE WITHOUT LEGS ."

with our complete body organs , we are expected to be more productive & efficient " TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN , MUCH IS EXPECTED ."

Thanks @ op ., this really challenges me .

#Team.there.is.hope.for.the.hopless.

1luv

(1) (Reply)

Nov/dec Waec Gce Result 2010 Is Out Today, 23rd December 2010,check Yours Now / 2018/2019 Scholarships For Undergraduate, Masters And Phd / ABU Zaria Inter-faculty /inter-university Transfer Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.