Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Planks For Stronger Abdominal And Back Muscles. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Planks For Stronger Abdominal And Back Muscles. (731 Views)

The Dos And Don’ts For Good ‘lower Back Muscles’ / "SEX" Top 10 Tips For Stronger ERECTIONS That Last Longer / Effective nutritional and herbal treatment for stronger er-ect ion & stamina! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Planks For Stronger Abdominal And Back Muscles. by laurend1985(f): 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
Planks are for the fit and unfit.

The plank exercise has become the gold standard for core workouts (abdominal muscle and muscles that surround the spine and the back). ACE (American Council on Exercise) conducted a study in which, of the 10 best abdominal exercises, the plank ranked number 10. You don't need any equipment, so it fits right into your budget.

Most of my clients and boot-camp enthusiasts incorporate planks in their workout. I realized that everyone can do a plank, from seniors to women who are expecting. You just have to find the best plank position for your fitness level. Planks strengthen your abdominal wall; thus, providing support for your back. Anyone experiencing back pain due to weak abdominal muscle should definitely consider planks as an exercise for your rehab program.

If you never performed a plank, start with holding the static plank position for 5 to 10 seconds and gradually build up to 45 seconds to a full minute. After you have conquered basic planks, move up to the next level or to a different plank for advanced exercisers. If your lower back aches while doing the plank, you are pushing yourself to hard; drop down to a lower level.

I tried putting the pictures on this thread but they say the pictures are too large. Here's the article.

http://thefrugalexerciser..com/2012/09/planks-for-everyone.html
Re: Planks For Stronger Abdominal And Back Muscles. by UmericanGirl(f): 5:45am On Oct 07, 2012
Planks are evil sad

2 Likes

Re: Planks For Stronger Abdominal And Back Muscles. by laurend1985(f): 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2012
UmericanGirl: Planks are evil sad

I have my parents doing the beginner planks and they really feel them.

(1) (Reply)

Reduce That Blood Pressure / Penis Enlargements From Dr Ashiru / 7 Ways To EASILY Lose Weight Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.