Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

*** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** (201070 Views)

My Trip To Ireland Dublin / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / Nigerians In Ireland ''Dublin'' Etc, Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Chimumsy20: 9:52pm On Aug 31, 2017
kayeyes:
Please does anyone know of any Ireland university with a January start date? I have searched and most of them are all September.
Thanks.

What course
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by adebunmi07: 9:57pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hello house,pls who knows abt American College Dublin...Like how good they r for international business jan intake.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by davidel: 9:07am On Sep 01, 2017
Please I just got my irish visa and would be travelling to dublin soon. I want to know how much money I will need to carry along for the trip. And what currency do I need to travel with? Please I need your urgent response on this.

Thanks
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by davidel: 9:07am On Sep 01, 2017
niyogeol:
Hello all,

I landed today. The experience so far has been cool save for the high exchange rate. The weather has also ushered me into Europe. I was told winter is more severe than this. I believe I will cope when it comes.

I urgently need a shared accommodation around UCD so that I can settle in quickly. Most landlords that I have called so far said the vacancy they advertised is gone.

I am presently around city center -Low Gardiner street off Parnell Street.

Regards.

Please I just got my irish visa and would be travelling to dublin soon. I want to know how much money I will need to carry along for the trip. And what currency do I need to travel with? Please I need your urgent response on this.

Thanks
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by adesbaba: 10:17am On Sep 01, 2017
Please I will really love to study in ireland by september nextyear ...when can I start planning

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by adesbaba: 10:44am On Sep 01, 2017
family ,am a 22 year old guy ,working as an outsourced bank staff with pay ran
ge of 70-80k monthly immediately after nysc.,banking is boring and routinely..tellering....Bsc accounting.
..I will love to further my studiein ireland or U.S...I plan workin with d bank for a year maximum as I really av passion for more learning especially in finances,asset management,wealth management,pricing and so on.....But each time I tink of quitting the job..I feel like wont my ppl say am naive or too ambitious.....Pls what is ur take on this .
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by goodness11: 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2017
davidel:

Thanks

Currency is Euros

Amount to take along depends on purpose of trip
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by davidel: 6:49am On Sep 02, 2017
goodness11:

Currency is Euros

Amount to take along depends on purpose of trip

Am going for studies, precisely an MSc program at the National College of Ireland in Dublin.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by goodness11: 6:55am On Sep 02, 2017
davidel:

Am going for studies, precisely an MSc program at the National College of Ireland in Dublin.

I don't live in Ireland but I would advice that roughly 2000 euros for the first 3 months
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by adebunmi07: 9:11am On Sep 02, 2017
Can we try to make this thread really lively....by answering questions been asked. Thanks
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by niyogeol(m): 10:31am On Sep 02, 2017
davidel:

Thanks
Carry between €2000 - 3000; do you have a place to stay? If no, ensure you book a temporary accommodation with the numerous hostels around.

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by niyogeol(m): 10:44am On Sep 02, 2017
adesbaba:
family ,am a 22 year old guy ,working as an outsourced bank staff with pay ran
ge of 70-80k monthly immediately after nysc.,banking is boring and routinely..tellering....Bsc accounting.
..I will love to further my studiein ireland or U.S...I plan workin with d bank for a year maximum as I really av passion for more learning especially in finances,asset management,wealth management,pricing and so on.....But each time I tink of quitting the job..I feel like wont my ppl say am naive or http://rent.ietoo ambitious.....Pls what is ur take on this .
Cost of education here is high. You need all the money you can get. The financial industry here is huge. So there will be ample opportunities for you after your studies.

First you need to get admission from any school you interested in, before the visa processing starts.

I will be willing to answer any question am in the know about.

Regards.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 02, 2017
davidel:

Take 3000 EUR, things are quite expensive here and you don't wanna be stranded. And they even ask some people at immigration of the amount you carry (they don't ask everyone but they do demand €3000 for sighting)
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by davidel: 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2017
niyogeol:
Carry between €2000 - 3000; do you have a place to stay? If no, ensure you book a temporary accommodation with the numerous hostels around.

Yea am staying at the school's accommodation. And thanks for the info.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Chimumsy20: 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2017
adebunmi07:
Hello house,pls who knows abt American College Dublin...Like how good they r for international business jan intake.

1) its a private university so u should ask them if their graduates are eligible for work permit

2) check their ranking on webometric. Their ranking is poor so I think you should check other schools. Just my advice.

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by adesbaba: 5:56pm On Sep 02, 2017
@niyogeol..thanks alot...Infact I plan resuming september next year bfr now,but am reconsidering now cos the tuition are way higher than I expected.....

pls,do u av idea of any cool skul that is good ,yet affordable like 10 or 11k euros......

I also learnt from my researches that dublin is an hub for financial companies,,hope they dont diacriminate in employing....

Do irish skul evn give scholarship

thanks alot
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by sobastical: 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2017
adesbaba:
@niyogeol..thanks alot...Infact I plan resuming september next year bfr now,but am reconsidering now cos the tuition are way higher than I expected.....

pls,do u av idea of any cool skul that is good ,yet affordable like 10 or 11k euros......

I also learnt from my researches that dublin is an hub for financial companies,,hope they dont diacriminate in employing....

thanks alot

Why not try schools in USA, with good score in GRE and TOEFL you can get full or part scholarship couple with some good reference and SOP
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Chimumsy20: 9:26pm On Sep 02, 2017
adesbaba:

thanks alot

My school tuition fees was12,500 euros and I was given half tuition scholarship. So depending on your school and grade, u can receive a scholarship.

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by adesbaba: 10:35pm On Sep 02, 2017
sobastical...thanks alot for ur advice...thing is I work in abank and dia is rilli little free time fr me...I sometimes get home 9p.m ...tired ,saturday banking too...so its givin me fears abt the GRE/TOEFL cos I tot abt it too....whats ur view

Chimumsy20 ...thanks alot...I finished with 3.2/5.0cgpa...though it happnd to some reasons...I passed my professional course once,so am nt d dull type...but who will I start explaining all dos stories too....Do I av a chance and pls what course are u studying in ireland or dd u study
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by sobastical: 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2017
adesbaba:
sobastical...thanks alot for ur advice...thing is I work in abank and dia is rilli little free time fr me...I sometimes get home 9p.m ...tired ,saturday banking too...so its givin me fears abt the GRE/TOEFL cos I tot abt it too....whats ur view

Chimumsy20 ...thanks alot...I finished with 3.2/5.0cgpa...though it happnd to some reasons...I passed my professional course once,so am nt d dull type...but who will I start explaining all dos stories too....Do I av a chance and pls what course are u studying in ireland or dd u study

That's true though there schools that waive that test buy it's highly recommended to take cos the consular will ask at interview but it's also cool to write to get funding...
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by davidel: 5:55am On Sep 03, 2017
geobukky:

Take 3000 EUR, things are quite expensive here and you don't wanna be stranded. And they even ask some people at immigration of the amount you carry (they don't ask everyone but they do demand €3000 for sighting)

Thanks geobukky for your response; please can I carry the dollar equivalent of 3000 euro as I can't source for euro at the moment. Also, what do I need to bring along e.g clothing, food items etc
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by niyogeol(m): 6:03am On Sep 03, 2017
adesbaba:

thanks alot
Tuition varies from school to school, and course to course. Just make comparison across board and settle for what you deem correct.

As regards discrimination, I can't tell anything about that, as I just started off myself. But remember that nothing is guaranteed in life. Life is all about risk.

Sure. School do give scholarships. Its a matter of one's CGPA. I got some from my school. You can also make your department or school realise how much you need scholarship to augment your budget.

Like I said before, the financial service industry here is huge.

Regards.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by niyogeol(m): 6:11am On Sep 03, 2017
davidel:

Thanks geobukky for your response; please can I carry the dollar equivalent of 3000 euro as I can't source for euro at the moment. Also, what do I need to bring along e.g clothing, food items etc
Dollar is acceptable. There is travelex at the airport here in Dublin. You can change dollar to Euro there, or at any commercial bank in the city. As at the last check, $100 = €76. Do the math.

Considering the euro you'll be spending is gotten from naira, things will look relatively expensive to you. So endeavor to carry basic food stuffs; clothings - winter jackets, cardigans, footwears and other things necessary having the airline weight requirement in mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by adesbaba: 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
niyogeol...thanks alot..pls..what course are you studying...school..and when did you begin the admission process...asking cos ur testimony is still the most recent n its giving us hope...kindly answer ..
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by niyogeol(m): 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2017
adesbaba:
niyogeol...thanks alot..pls..what course are you studying...school..and when did you begin the admission process...asking cos ur testimony is still the most recent n its giving us hope...kindly answer ..
For privacy, I won't mention my course and perhaps school; as a lot of folks would know the being behind this moniker. But you can pm me for details.

I applied to my school sometimes in November of 2016. I was admitted in December of the same year. As a rule here, one can't apply for visa 3 months earlier than program start date. So I applied in May, 2017 (later part of the month) and got approval late July.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by adesbaba: 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2017
niyogeol....okay..but my oga,your boy don do research on top ur matter..read alot of your posts on naira land from 2015-2017..I tink I av an idea of ur field now...I really commend ur level of knowledge abt ur discipline,ur love to see naija better and ur passion for seing ppl get better...dos r my observations frm d research...I tried p.m bt tis like nt workin...wll love to connect with u fr more talks......that means u applied for sept 2017 ryt from November 2016 like 10 months ahead....pls at what point dd u pay tuition n aw long was d 7000euros in ur bank acct
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by niyogeol(m): 10:00am On Sep 04, 2017
adesbaba:
niyogeol....okay..but my oga,your boy don do research on top ur matter..read alot of your posts on naira land from 2015-2017..I tink I av an idea of ur field now...I really commend ur level of knowledge abt ur discipline,ur love to see naija better and ur passion for seing ppl get better...dos r my observations frm d research...I tried p.m bt tis like nt workin...wll love to connect with u fr more talks......that means u applied for sept 2017 ryt from November 2016 like 10 months ahead....pls at what point dd u pay tuition n aw long was d 7000euros in ur bank acct
Hahahahahahahahahahaha. I must say - your research results are valid 90%. I have seen your pm. I will reply before the end of today.

There is a mix up with my mail, but I will figure it out before the end of today. Sorry for the delay.

Regards.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2017
Will be in Dublin this week heading to Leesson Park to pick my son's passport at the Nigerian embassy. Anyone wish to meet? grin
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by niyogeol(m): 12:01am On Sep 05, 2017
dotcomnamename:
Will be in Dublin this week heading to Leesson Park to pick my son's passport at the Nigerian embassy. Anyone wish to meet? grin
What date bro? I know you will buy goat meat and amala for me like you did for someone earlier on this thread. Lol.

Let me know your schedule, perhaps I might be chanced.

Regards.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by pansophist(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2017
I will be in Dublin on the 22nd this month for just three days. I'll appreciate a local who would like to meet.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 2:07pm On Sep 06, 2017
niyogeol:
What date bro? I know you will buy goat meat and amala for me like you did for someone earlier on this thread. Lol.

Let me know your schedule, perhaps I might be chanced.

Regards.

Tomorrow cheesy
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
niyogeol:
Hahahahahahahahahahaha. I must say - your research results are valid 90%. I have seen your pm. I will reply before the end of today.

There is a mix up with my mail, but I will figure it out before the end of today. Sorry for the delay.

Regards.
Pls Niyogeol I av got some questions for u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (44) (Reply)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Travelling To Canada-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.