Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Need Your Advises On My GTB Shares. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Need Your Advises On My GTB Shares. (2200 Views)

Feb 2016 Fixed Deposit Rates: GTB, Diamond, Firstbank, Stanbic, Sterling, Wema / LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy / Has GTB Declared Share Bonus & Dividends For 2011 Ending? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Your Advises On My GTB Shares. by Dsage1: 11:30pm On Oct 07, 2012
Dear NL'ders,

I bought a GTB shares about 5years ago when it was sold at #23per share. But just of the recent,my cousin keeps pressurized me to sell it to one of his friend.

Though,I frankly told him to forgot about my shares because I don't really needs the money now or sees any reasons to sell it but he keeps persuading me that i should sell it and invested in a particular business he just started.

My major concern is that,I may not have enough time to partake in the business and eventually become a sleeping partner. Actually,he's a good man to be honest but just don't know whether to follow his advise or leave my share for the future purpose. And despite the fact that I will makes good money in short period if the business is successful, but still felt so reluctant to sell it,don't know why.

Does it makes sense to sell one's shares and invested in such way?

Please sir/ma, I'm urgently needs your advise. Thanks in advance.
Re: Need Your Advises On My GTB Shares. by wisemanj(m): 12:20am On Oct 08, 2012
well i understand you perfectly if you know within you you really do not want to sell then DON'T
Re: Need Your Advises On My GTB Shares. by walcolm(m): 8:39am On Oct 08, 2012
a few questions?

1. if you had cash in your pocket, would you invest in your cousin's business?
2. must you sell your GTB shares to invest in his business
3. must you sell those shares to his friend?

if you bought your GTB shares at 23 naira, you are currently running at a loss, why sell at a loss to invest in a business you don't have control over?

if you are sure your cousin's business is worth the risk, then feel free to do it

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advises On My GTB Shares. by Dsage1: 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2012
walcolm: a few questions?

1. if you had cash in your pocket, would you invest in your cousin's business?
2. must you sell your GTB shares to invest in his business
3. must you sell those shares to his friend?

if you bought your GTB shares at 23 naira, you are currently running at a loss, why sell at a loss to invest in a business you don't have control over?

if you are sure your cousin's business is worth the risk, then feel free to do it

Sir, thanks for the questions.

1. I may take the risk if i had the money. But afraid to sell one investment for another.

2. Yes,if I wish to invest because I don't have such money in my account now to invest in his business.

3. That is what I don't know. He said since his friend urgently needed GTB shares,he prefered me to sell it to him if I wanted than through stock broker.
Re: Need Your Advises On My GTB Shares. by Opeoluwaadewole: 4:28am On Oct 09, 2012
if you belive in ur friend you can sell some part of units but dont let him know d total unit you have.
Re: Need Your Advises On My GTB Shares. by Nobody: 2:48am On May 04, 2013
Don't sell your stock to invest in an unproven business especially with a family member. Once he gets your money, he would change his story to mostly bull. A few years ago I invested heavily in my cousins microfinance business. He assured me that the business is lucrative (which of course it is in. Nigeria). As soon as he received the money he again reiterated how we would make a killing. After a year, he began to complain that is unfair for me to be on the sideline and he would have to pay me high dividends after all, he is the company manager.

It is important to mention that I was told by many people not to part with my money before I invested. At the end of the day, he returned my money at 25% interest after he had more than doubled the amount of money I invested.

Your cousin has a conflict of interest in asking you to sell GTB to his friend so that you can invest the proceeds with him. Be very careful.

(1) (Reply)

., / Earn $1000 Within 3days With Dropshipping With No START UP CAPITAL / A NEW AND REAL WEBSITE TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.