Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. (5657 Views)

Things Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Stated As Errors & False Teaching From Bible? / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? / False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by Maximus85(m): 6:46pm On Oct 08, 2012
If through Adam we all inherited sin, and Adam didn't go to hell, why will God send the children to hell?
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by k2039: 7:10pm On Oct 08, 2012
Maximus85: If through Adam we all inherited sin
The notion of original sin is actually a Catholic dogma
Ezek 18:1-4; Ezek18-20; Jer 32:29-30

Adam was the first to sin,but inheriting is own sin is something I dont believe

Romans 5:19:Through one man's disobedience, sin entered the world. But through one man's obedience, the penalty for sin has been paid.

Maximus85: and Adam didn't go to hell,
There is no clear reference to that in the bible(maybe it's there and I have not found it out,so just show me a reference)

Maximus85: why will God send the children to hell?

God doesn't send anyone to hell. He lets you pick hell.
People send themselves by the choices they make in life.

1 Like

Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by Maximus85(m): 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2012
k2039:
The notion of original sin is actually a Catholic dogma
Ezek 18:1-4; Ezek18-20; Jer 32:29-30

Adam was the first to sin,but inheriting is own sin is something I dont believe

Romans 5:19:Through one man's disobedience, sin entered the world. But through one man's obedience, the penalty for sin has been paid.

There is no clear reference to that in the bible(maybe it's there and I have not found it out,so just show me a reference)

God doesn't send anyone to hell. He lets you pick hell.
People send themselves by the choices they make in life.

The punishment for Adam was said even before the sin was committed "you will positively die" to the dust you will return. And to the woman, "in pains you will bear children"

Did God ever mention an eternal torment in hell? NO! If God had mention that as purnishment, Adam and Eve would have given it a second thought.

Hell was mentioned in Revelation, the concluding part of that verse said "this means the second death" meaning that Hell fire is a figurative expression, describing what second death is - No hope for resurrection.
I will supply Bible verses later.
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by haibe(m): 8:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
Maximus85:

The punishment for Adam was said even before the sin was committed "you will positively die" to the dust you will return. And to the woman, "in pains you will bear children"

Did God ever mention an eternal torment in hell? NO! If God had mention that as purnishment, Adam and Eve would have given it a second thought.

Hell was mentioned in Revelation, the concluding part of that verse said "this means the second death" meaning that Hell fire is a figurative expression, describing what second death is - No hope for resurrection.

Is God unjust for punishing the sinners in the time of noah with flood? And sodom and gomorrah?
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
What truly baffles me about some Christians is how they can reconcile a GOD who after destroying the old world during the time of NOAH with WATER , regretted and sent a rainbow as a sign that he will never again destroy the world with water TO a God who will preserve so called immortal souls ( even though the bible teaches no such thing ) for endless ages in liquid sulphur.

Honestly some of us need to rethink our faith and approach it from the bible's perspective and not the perspective of tradition and human reasoning.

1 Like

Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by God2man(m): 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
Maximus85:

@maximus85, make no mistake my guy, the Government of this evil world has certain laws that their citizens must obey, if you disobey, you will be locked up in the jail or prison for the rest of your life. They know that criminals must not be allowed to move freely, doing so will endanger the citizens. So, they devised a method of keeping them away from the public.

You see, my friend, this is an undisputed fact.

In life, there are two possibilities, right and wrong, truth and false, light and darkness, good and bad, reward and punishment. Therefore, no man can claim that whatever he does has no consequence, to do so, is to be deceived. We are accountable to only God, whether we like it or not. Another undisputable fact is that whatever you sow, you shall reap. You cannot do something bad and expect everything to be fine. No. You cannot make a bed of hell on earth and expect to get to heaven. No way.

Heaven and hell are more real than you think. They are the two possibilities after death. If you believe in heaven, then one must be an unreasonable fellow not to believe hell. I do not think it is logical to say hell is figurative expression. It is not reasonable to say that let's us be honest.

The best thing to do in this life is to cleave to the old rugged cross and ask for God's mercy through our Lord Jesus christ to escape hell, because if you die without amending your ways, you will be suprised to meet the Judgement of God, according to Hebrew 9:27" And as it is appointed unto men once to die after this judgement."

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by nextpart(m): 10:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
Jesus made it clear in Mathew chapter 25:41.He said people will be separated into two; some on the right and some on the left. Those on the left will be ordered into hell fire.

Again, Jesus told the story (not parable) of the rich man and poor Lazarus. Both of them died and Lazarus got to heaven and the rich man in hell. The rich man's real name was not mentioned becos the name was not in the Book of Life.

Don't be deceived hell is real.
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by Maximus85(m): 6:23am On Oct 13, 2012
nextpart: Jesus made it clear in Mathew chapter 25:41.He said people will be separated into two; some on the right and some on the left. Those on the left will be ordered into hell fire.

Again, Jesus told the story (not parable) of the rich man and poor Lazarus. Both of them died and Lazarus got to heaven and the rich man in hell. The rich man's real name was not mentioned becos the name was not in the Book of Life.

Please allow me ask you this simple question, Who are those that will be dishing out the punishment to sinners in hell? I mean who will be the administrators in hell?
The rich man and lazarus is a parable and nothing more. And if you think a loving God that regretted destroying the world with water for 40 days and nights will now burn his own sinful children in an eternal fire, then I beg you to please try to learn what the bible really teaches about God and his purposes for mankind.
God is Love. Not the verb form but the Noun form. And if you as a human felt pains for those allu4 boys burnt alive (for how many minutes? how do you think God would feel? As a human whom are programmed to love, can you watch that entire video and smile?

we are created in the form (characteristics) of God - love in particular. The kind of love you have in you...be sure that God has it in billion folds.

You might want to know what I know about hell according to the Bible, I will be so glad to show them to you. You can send me your email address or BB pin for easier conversation. Thanks.
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by Maximus85(m): 6:30am On Oct 13, 2012
nextpart: Jesus made it clear in Mathew chapter 25:41.He said people will be separated into two; some on the right and some on the left. Those on the left will be ordered into hell fire.

Please allow me ask you this simple question, Who are those that will be dishing out the punishment to sinners in hell? I mean who will be the administrators in hell?

If lazarus went to heaven, don't you think he would have gather people together to tell them the story? Don't you fell bible writer would have made hundreds of references to Lazarus visitation to heaven?
What if I told you that David, the Psalmist didn't go to heaven. I can show it to you, its in your Bible.

The rich man and lazarus is a parable and nothing more. And if you think a loving God that regretted destroying the world with water for 40 days and nights will now burn his own sinful children in an eternal fire, then I beg you to please try to learn what the Bible really teaches about God and his purposes for mankind.

God is Love. Not the verb form but the Noun form. And if you as a human felt pains for those allu4 boys burnt alive (for how many minutes?) how do you think God would feel? As a human whom are programmed to love, can you watch that entire video and smile?

we are created in the form (characteristics) of God - love in particular. The kind of love you have in you...be sure that God has it in billion folds.

You might want to know what I know about hell according to the Bible, I will be so glad to show them to you. You can send me your email address or BB pin for easier conversation. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by firestar(f): 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2012
frosbel: What truly baffles me about some Christians is how they can reconcile a GOD who after destroying the old world during the time of NOAH with WATER , regretted and sent a rainbow as a sign that he will never again destroy the world with water TO a God who will preserve so called immortal souls ( even though the bible teaches no such thing ) for endless ages in liquid sulphur.

Honestly some of us need to rethink our faith and approach it from the bible's perspective and not the perspective of tradition and human reasoning.

grin grin grin grin
[size=15pt] Pardon me frosbel... I just had to laugh, but you unwittingly told a joke.
Hellfire, [s]hellwater... [/s]grin (Wipes tears)

As Daniel wrote, the true knowledge will be abundant and many will rove about, no? It's up to people with discernment to carefully sort and sift out the fact for themselves (Like the noble-minded Boreans did). Only then will these deeply-entrenched doings of the wicked will be undone just as Jesus predicated it would.
[/size]
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 13, 2012
firestar:

grin grin grin grin
[font=AR BERKLEY][size=15pt] Pardon me frosbel... I just had to laugh, but you unwittingly told a joke.
Hellfire, [s]hellwater... [/s]grin (Wipes tears)

I didn't think of it like that , but it sure is hilarious.

On one hand God punishes the old world with water and is saddened by this unfortunate event caused by man's utter wickedness, he then promises not to repeat this event.

Yet , we are now expected to believe that this same merciful God will turn billions of human beings ( made in his image) into a lake of fire with heat exceeding 3000 degrees , worms and unquenchable fire for trillions and even zillions of years.

Only a SADIST will believe this , and no wonder we have thousands of people preferring to die as atheists rather than worship this GOD.

I tell you a lot of false prophets and church goers have the blood of millions on their hands !

But I prefer hell-water to hell-fire , it will be a nice swim to nowhere for all eternity !!! grin

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 13, 2012
^^^

Just to add that the Lake of Fire is for real, but it is the means to and end, and this end is the death of sinners and fallen angels including SATAN , forever wiping out wickedness from this world and everything and anything that blights the beauty of GOD's universe and creation.
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by firestar(f): 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2012
frosbel: ^^^

Just to add that the Lake of Fire is for real, but it is the means to and end, and this end is the death of sinners and fallen angels including SATAN , forever wiping out wickedness from this world and everything and anything that blights the beauty of GOD's universe and creation.

[size=15pt]I know all that a loooooooooooooong time ago. Trinity, Gehenna, etc. and all its derivations comes with alot of painstaking research.
Once acquired, accurate -and I do mean accurate- knowledge is more valuable than just mere knowledge.[/size]
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 13, 2012
firestar:

[size=15pt]I know all that a loooooooooooooong time ago. Trinity, Gehenna, etc. and all its derivations comes with alot of painstaking research.
Once acquired, accurate -and I do mean accurate- knowledge is more valuable than just mere knowledge.[/size]

You found out the Trinity was true after a long research or false, sorry I did not get this part - thanks.
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by firestar(f): 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2012
frosbel:

You found out the Trinity was true after a long research or false, sorry I did not get this part - thanks.

[size=14pt] I meant that this farce of a triad that insults two separate entities as being merged as 3-in-1 is uhm pardon my french: c'est tres faux!
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 13, 2012
firestar:

[size=14pt] I meant that this farce of a triad that insults two separate entities as being merged as 3-in-1 is uhm pardon my french: c'est tres faux!
[/size]

je suis d'accord !
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by Maximus85(m): 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2012
frosbel:

je suis d'accord !

Jesus said it so many times that someone sent him, someone greater than him. He said in my "father's" house there are lots of.....

God referred to Jesus as his ONLY BEGOTTEN SON and Jesus confirmed it.

I rest my case. God is the greatest, Jesus is the son and the holy spirit is just an active force, a tool that God and Jesus and the anointed one uses to carry out Gods directives and activities. In no way can you equate a carpenter and his harmer. Lailai, it doesn't make sense.

So why will some people still preach trinity?
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by seyibrown(f): 1:15am On Oct 14, 2012
Hell Fire exists BECAUSE God is a God of justice! There is no justice on earth! Millions have been ra.ped, tortured, shot, robbed, cheated, killed; national resources continue to be mismanaged by rulers who watch their fellow citizens starve to death or turn to crime to survive by many unrepentant souls, and the Courts of this world deny victims true justice in many cases. Who gives those victims justice? No unrepentant sinner will get a 'welcome thou faithful servant' from a God of justice. You are judged on what you do while you are on this earth, not what you do after you are dead. The time to repent from evil is now while you are on earth. The If the righteous reign with God their father, surely the sinners too will reign with their father the devil wherever he ends up!
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by vicoson(m): 6:25am On Oct 14, 2012
seyibrown: Hell Fire exists BECAUSE God is a God of justice! There is no justice on earth! Millions have been ra.ped, tortured, shot, robbed, cheated, killed; national resources continue to be mismanaged by rulers who watch their fellow citizens starve to death or turn to crime to survive by many unrepentant souls, and the Courts of this world deny victims true justice in many cases. Who gives those victims justice? No unrepentant sinner will get a 'welcome thou faithful servant' from a God of justice. You are judged on what you do while you are on this earth, not what you do after you are dead. The time to repent from evil is now while you are on earth. The If the righteous reign with God their father, surely the sinners too will reign with their father the devil wherever he ends up!
If God is a God of justice, how will sinners be rewarded for the little good they did?
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by cyrexx: 6:46am On Oct 14, 2012
Though i'm no longer a christian, I will be following this thread and probably will learn one or two things. The question of hell is what got me to start questioning christianity in the first place until i totally turn away from that religion.

Maybe i need to know something i dont know before.

Keep it coming guys. Kudos to everyone contributing meaningfully on this thread. You guys are cute.

1 Like

Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by MrAnony1(m): 6:52am On Oct 14, 2012
Maximus85: If through Adam we all inherited sin, and Adam didn't go to hell, why will God send the children to hell?
My dear Maximus, for this statement to be true, you have to show the scripture explicitly saying that Adam did not go to hell.

Maximus85:

This is called special pleading. If the bible makes it clear that all sinners will go to hell, then I don't see why Adam's case would be special seeing that he also sinned.

Maximus85:

The rich man and lazarus is a parable and nothing more. And if you think a loving God that regretted destroying the world with water for 40 days and nights will now burn his own sinful children in an eternal fire, then I beg you to please try to learn what the bible really teaches about God and his purposes for mankind.
God is Love. Not the verb form but the Noun form. And if you as a human felt pains for those allu4 boys burnt alive (for how many minutes? how do you think God would feel? As a human whom are programmed to love, can you watch that entire video and smile?

All you have done here is project what you think Love is and then force God into your picture. You have only created your own god.

A loving God who "regretted" flooding the earth went on to burn down a whole city, drop down stones upon an army and have Israelites, Babylonians, Assyrians and Philistines kill off entire cities including the women, babies and livestock because of sin. This should give you an idea of how greivious sin is in God's sight.

One of the characteristics of Love is that it hates evil but rejoices in good. Love(God) is not that mushy feeling that you have. Bear that in mind.

Back to your op. If God is a God of justice, then He must punish sin. If God does not punish sin, then He would be unjust.
Hell - the lake of fire - is a place of eternal torment prepared for the devil because the devil sinned. The bible makes it clear that all sinners will be thrown into the same lake of fire.
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by cyrexx: 7:08am On Oct 14, 2012
But Mr Anony, lets imagine the Bible says nothing about hell.

You, can you torture a living being, if you had the power, for a million billion trillion years for the crimes he commits in a brief lifetime?

Secondly, lets assume you are God and you already knew that this soul will commit some sins and end up in hell, you still went ahead anyway to create him with a default nature to commit sin only to torture him forever in a second life when you could have simply end his first life by total annihilation. Do you think you receive a genuine admiration or forced worship from your creatures this way.
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by ijawkid(m): 7:17am On Oct 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:
My dear Maximus, for this statement to be true, you have to show the scripture explicitly saying that Adam did not go to hell.

This is called special pleading. If the bible makes it clear that all sinners will go to hell, then I don't see why Adam's case would be special seeing that he also sinned.

All you have done here is project what you think Love is and then force God into your picture. You have only created your own god.

A loving God who "regretted" flooding the earth went on to burn down a whole city, drop down stones upon an army and have Israelites, Babylonians, Assyrians and Philistines kill off entire cities including the women, babies and livestock because of sin. This should give you an idea of how greivious sin is in God's sight.

One of the characteristics of Love is that it hates evil but rejoices in good. Love(God) is not that mushy feeling that you have. Bear that in mind.

Back to your op. If God is a God of justice, then He must punish sin. If God does not punish sin, then He would be unjust.
Hell - the lake of fire - is a place of eternal torment prepared for the devil because the devil sinned. The bible makes it clear that all sinners will be thrown into the same lake of fire.

And exactly what would they be experiencing in the lake of fire??

I can agree with you that adam went to HELL...

So also Jesus did for 3 good days......

But the thought of people literally been tormented for all eternity for finite sins they committed in some furnace is never Gods way..

It is either one gains everlasting life or perishes.....
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by MrAnony1(m): 7:28am On Oct 14, 2012
ijawkid:

And exactly what would they be experiencing in the lake of fire??

I can agree with you that adam went to HELL...

So also Jesus did for 3 good days......

But the thought of people literally been tormented for all eternity for finite sins they committed in some furnace is never Gods way..

It is either one gains everlasting life or perishes.....

Interestingly, it is not weird to you that people can enjoy infinite paradise for all eternity for finite good deeds of which God had to forgive a lot of sins for that to happen.

Also, why would God resurrect the sinner only to kill him off again?

Here is the picture you are painting: A man commits all the sins he likes, rapes, tortures and kills but dies in a fire. On the last day, God resurrects him and essentially says: "You were such a bad boy now go back to sleep"

- You are mocking God's justice, you are trivializing it so that it fits into your picture of what you think love is.
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by ijawkid(m): 7:38am On Oct 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Interestingly, it is not weird to you that people can enjoy infinite paradise for all eternity for finite good deeds of which God had to forgive a lot of sins for that to happen.

Here is the picture you are painting: A man commits all the sins he likes, rapes, tortures and kills but dies in a fire. On the last day, God resurrects him and essentially says: "You were such a bad boy now go back to sleep"

- You are mocking God's justice, you are trivializing it so that it fits into your picture of what you think love is.

So of what use is God burning up that person for eternity when he(God) could bring an end to that persons existence just as he has always done....

From adam,the time of noah,sodom and gomorrah etc.....

The problem is eternal life is a gift to righteous persons not to the unrighteous.....

Imagine satan living forever.....

Then what did God accomplish @ the end of the day??

1 Like

Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by ijawkid(m): 7:52am On Oct 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:

And so the most important question is:::

Where is the adam and eve that landed each and every one of us in this wahala we are in??

What was there fate??

Where are they??

Are they burning somewhere maybe waiting for there off springs who also followed there foot steps. By becoming renegades to come join them??

John 3:16

Is the foundation for the fate of those who either served God or didn't....

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
God loved the world this way: He gave his only
Son so that everyone who believes in him will
not"" die"" but will have ""eternal"" life.
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his
only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in
him should not ""perish"", but have ""everlasting""
life.
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by MrAnony1(m): 8:08am On Oct 14, 2012
ijawkid:

So of what use is God burning up that person for eternity when he(God) could bring an end to that persons existence just as he has always done....

From adam,the time of noah,sodom and gomorrah etc.....

The problem is eternal life is a gift to righteous persons not to the unrighteous.....

Imagine satan living forever.....

Then what did God accomplish @ the end of the day??
But the bible makes it clear that the devil will be tormented forever in the lake of fire.

Adam, sodom&gomorrah noah's neighbours e.t.c were people punished for their sin by having their physical life cut short. They are wrong comparisms for an eternal torment that has been promised in the time to come (I'll touch on this a bit later)

ijawkid:

And so the most important question is:::

Where is the adam and eve that landed each and every one of us in this wahala we are in??

What was there fate??

Where are they??

Are they burning somewhere maybe waiting for there off springs who also followed there foot steps. By becoming renegades to come join them??

John 3:16

Is the foundation for the fate of those who either served God or didn't....

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
God loved the world this way: He gave his only
Son so that everyone who believes in him will
not"" die"" but will have ""eternal"" life.
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his
only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in
him should not ""perish"", but have ""everlasting""
life.

Aha! the infamous translation battle. Before we continue down this line, I will ask you to select which translation you want to use for this discourse so we don't jump across translations and twist scripture. You can select two and we'll stick to them alone. So tell me and we shall kick off.
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by onetrack(m): 8:18am On Oct 14, 2012
If God created the universe and everything in it, then God also created evil. God therefore is ultimately to blame for all evil, not only for creating is but for permitting it. God can stop evil right away (if he is in fact all-powerful). But he does not. If there is evil in the world it is his will that it be. So if God punishes anyone then he is a huge hypocrite and, essentially, evil himself.
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by cyrexx: 8:21am On Oct 14, 2012
@Mr Anony,
i dont know why you choose to ignore my earlier posers. Are they too uncomfortable for you?

@ijawkid,
Pls check your inbox. Thanxx
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by cyrexx: 8:27am On Oct 14, 2012
onetrack: If God created the universe and everything in it, then God also created evil. God therefore is ultimately to blame for all evil, not only for creating is but for permitting it. God can stop evil right away (if he is in fact all-powerful). But he does not. If there is evil in the world it is his will that it be. So if God punishes anyone then he is a huge hypocrite and, essentially, evil himself.

GBAM!!!

You just nailed it, bro. These words are in the minds of christians but they are afraid to voice it out due to fear of losing their "salvation". The fear of hell (and the fear of devil) is indeed the engine that keep the motor of christianity running. Without these, very few will believe their stories.
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by MrAnony1(m): 8:42am On Oct 14, 2012
cyrexx: @Mr Anony,
i dont know why you choose to ignore my earlier posers. Are they too uncomfortable for you?

@ijawkid,
Pls check your inbox. Thanxx
Oh I'm sorry, I must have missed it.

cyrexx: But Mr Anony, lets imagine the Bible says nothing about hell.

You, can you torture a living being, if you had the power, for a million billion trillion years for the crimes he commits in a brief lifetime?

Secondly, lets assume you are God and you already knew that this soul will commit some sins and end up in hell, you still went ahead anyway to create him with a default nature to commit sin only to torture him forever in a second life when you could have simply end his first life by total annihilation. Do you think you receive a genuine admiration or forced worship from your creatures this way.

Lot's of assumptions here: God did not create man with a default sinful nature. Sin is entirely man's fault and Hell is a consequence of wrong choices. Unless you want God to take away man's freechoice then man won't be able to commit sin. It appears to me that you want man to have the choice to sin or not to sin but not face the consequences of sin. I see you also suggested total annihilation somewhere there - well that's an option.

You also talked about worshiping out of fear. I'll say that's just how you have chosen to see things. For instance, I'll assume you are not a lawbreaker. Do you keep the laws of Nigeria because you don't want to go to prison or because you are a patriotic citizen.

The emotional argument of whether I can torture a living being is also irrelevant here. What is relevant here is whether sin deserves punishment or not.
Re: If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. by MrAnony1(m): 8:43am On Oct 14, 2012
onetrack: If God created the universe and everything in it, then God also created evil. God therefore is ultimately to blame for all evil, not only for creating is but for permitting it. God can stop evil right away (if he is in fact all-powerful). But he does not. If there is evil in the world it is his will that it be. So if God punishes anyone then he is a huge hypocrite and, essentially, evil himself.
Lol, If I had a dollar for how many times someone regurgitated this poor argument

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? / . / How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.