Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa (21457 Views)

ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 / Over 9000 Free Satellite Tv Channels On Pc And Mobile Phones / Free Satellite Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by freebloke: 11:33am On Nov 01, 2012
D koko be sey weda all d said channels go make sense!! Nobi sey dem go carry mumu and dust channels dey show us say na free 2 air.

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Beetwo(m): 11:34am On Nov 01, 2012
really it is a good idea, but crashin d price of dstv? hmmmn, l doubt it, because dey say it is for free 2 air stations, and u and l knows dat there is no free 2 air station in 9ja xcept 4 d likes of emmanuel tv, love world, etc but d may decided to add free stations 4rm neighbourin countries like ortb 4rm coutonu, tv sahel 4rm sudan, stv 4rm cameroun, tv niamey 4rm niger and gtv 4rm ghana. happy viewin in advance pals.

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by freebloke: 11:47am On Nov 01, 2012
crowbar: Its been on sale since last 2 months, my Uncle bought 1 for 171000 @ shoprite, Abuja.
one hundred and 7eventy wetin...thousand?!
Make dem go sidon! Na how many ppl go fit cuf out dat kain money because dem wan watch sum mumu fta channels. Mi get enuf free 2 air 2 watch wit my normal led tv.
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 01, 2012
undecidedThird quarter don pass joor..or almost finished. undecided
I would luv to hav d tv though..I have always luved samsung products.
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by valdubem(m): 11:58am On Nov 01, 2012
LG is the best; Any time, Any day.

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by floriana(m): 12:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
Na wash!
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by naiko: 12:15pm On Nov 01, 2012
imagine if you can see your favourites EPL matches without generator noise?i think giving us (in africa) a tv with battery that can last two hours or more will break the market compare to giving us some free satellite channels that might not swing the market.
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Candybob(m): 12:18pm On Nov 01, 2012
I am now officially a fan of samsung till further notice!
Bringing in quality competition to the electronics market!!
I wish we Nigerians can learn from this korean guys.. Copy.. Master.. And Surpass!!!
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
elvis07: From flat screen tv to LCD tv then to LED,LED internet tv nd 3D tv and now LED satellite tv, hmmmmm one day dis pple will jst produce tv incorporated wit bomb dat will wipe out africa nd we will buy it to show off our status level
hahaha, LG now has a LED/LCD tv with in-built battery on sale in Nigeria. You can watch the tv for 90 minutes after Nepa strikes.
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by mrdrizzy(m): 12:39pm On Nov 01, 2012
Pls pls nd pls can someone pls post the stations full list abeg.thanx..make we knw d channels
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by kenx1(m): 12:52pm On Nov 01, 2012
mr.drizzy:
Pls pls nd pls can someone pls post the stations full list abeg.thanx..make we knw d channels

TRUE WORD JOR.......UNA DON MAKE ME HATE MY 51" LG
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by luluosas(m): 1:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
Standing5: That's the beauty of having Technological Know how where it matters. Samsung produces TV and know that Satellite Pay TV system needs TVs. By Bypassing the Sat TV guys, People are bound to by their TV product more.
Its not that they are bypassing satellite tvs but, they are incorporating satellite software on the production of the tv, which means, you don't need any decoder to watch the free satellite channels it will be offering.
But, I'm very sure it is designed for the elite because, the price will be any cheap at all.
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by highchief3(m): 1:05pm On Nov 01, 2012
kevoh:

If samsung can also add two hours internal battery backup just enough to watch your favourite team play when there's no electricity, that'll be some serious ompetitive edge over the rest.
that will be soooooooooo cooooooooollllll!
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
I have been a fan of samsung for years, Samsung happens to be the most innovative techy company in 21st Century. Free to air satellite channels will kill every TV brand in the market and also gradually phase out most customers from the satellite TV market. I hope they gradually introduce paid channels to totally annihilate the quasi-monopoly of DSTV in Africa. Another great innovation from SamSung.
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Joe980: 1:12pm On Nov 01, 2012
There is tv(lcd/led) with battery that lasts hours. Google it bruv...though not with satellite.
naiko: imagine if you can see your favourites EPL matches without generator noise?i think giving us (in africa) a tv with battery that can last two hours or more will break the market compare to giving us some free satellite channels that might not swing the market.
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by sonety2k(m): 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
cool
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by webizone(m): 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
Kslib: Na to dey buy buy we sabi.. Technology,we no sabi.. Wen we go start to dey produce stuffs for africa?? When??
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by jimjones: 2:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
Ignatio: So long it gets live Epl and uefa matches, musical channels and documentary channels the tv price won't be an issue.

mallam, try get some sense na. you know a free-to-air channel that can afford live epl or ucl broadcast rights?
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by pssword: 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
I doubt very much that this is possible at least without some kind of external control dish. So there is the price of the dish which has to be consider.
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
Ignatio: So long it gets live Epl and uefa matches, musical channels and documentary channels the tv price won't be an issue.

The free channels will pay for the extra cost of the TV set. I hope there is no need for a dish this time, cuz changes in weather affects visibility on satellite TV with dish. Learnt some french speaking African countries have been enjoying such products in the past.
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
freebloke:
one hundred and 7eventy wetin...thousand?!
Make dem go sidon! Na how many ppl go fit cuf out dat kain money because dem wan watch sum mumu fta channels. Mi get enuf free 2 air 2 watch wit my normal led tv.

But people dey buy phone(ordinary handset) as costly as that. Erm.... how much is Iphone 5

Well, for me the size of the TV determines if its worth it. Anything less than 42'', wont be worth it.
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
This move could lead to the bankruptcy of DSTV in Naija. I think DSTV will try to negotiate with Samsung to reduce the number of channels on the Samsung satellite tv.
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by vascey(m): 7:37pm On Nov 01, 2012
vascey: Funny I was just looking this up online. I hope their new product will break the monopoly of Multichoice.
The problem though is that the price of the TVs would discourage the potential customers.
I mean if you are offering FREE incentive for the purchase of your product, then you should be targeting people who actually need the free stuff not people who can afford to pay subscription.
I think I am gonna get one though. I am for anything against monopoly.

@Mod so I decided a while ago that whoever gives me the 100th "like" on Nairaland would get a RC.

I am vain right? Maybe I am. Maybe not. But it was something I told myself and the 100th liker happens to be on this thread (I think the 14th or so, u can do the math). So if it is not too much inconvenience, could you please send me the email of the person (as I find it difficult to determine) so that I can send the recharge card promised.

Thanks
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by stfrank1: 8:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
Sam Milla: And before two years, you will hear that SES and Samsung are in court over unpaid dues. Then your Samsung TV will get only NTA and MBI and AIT

And after several court adjournment, if Samsung eventually lose to SES, China will sharply come up with their own ' LVD satelliteTv'.. Oh! Long live a consuming continent!

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by ceejay80s(m): 4:48am On Nov 02, 2012
I already have one but mine's MATSUI
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by atilla(m): 6:54am On Nov 02, 2012
The TVA are already at samsung . Think the one I saw was 80somethingk.

The channels looked okay Was worth buying for a bedroom not sitting room
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Ignatio(m): 8:04pm On Nov 03, 2012
okpara ugo:

The free channels will pay for the extra cost of the TV set. I hope there is no need for a dish this time, cuz changes in weather affects visibility on satellite TV with dish. Learnt some french speaking African countries have been enjoying such products in the past.

In the East Startimes provides viewing satellite stations without a dish. The tv may come with that feature too.
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by purplekayc(m): 12:11am On Nov 19, 2012
shocked 171000? shocked 171000? abeg make dem go rest joor!
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by dastudent(m): 9:59am On Nov 19, 2012
adewasco2k:
seriously i am confuse, planing to get the Samsung LED 42" before Christmas sad

Get the LG battery TV.
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by dilbert100: 10:26am On Nov 19, 2012
great news!
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by jedisco(m): 3:03am On Dec 24, 2012
Hello

I'm torn between this and the LG battery TV.
Please can someone tell me the kind of channels available on this and also if its reliable i.e gets the necessary channels without effort.

Also on the LG battery TV, how long does the battery last? I know the quoted figure is upto 90 mins, but I need actual everyday usage.
Also, is the battery durable i.e. Let's say after 1 year, does it still last like when it was new?

Please I need answers urgently
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by oyekdot: 3:43pm On Mar 28, 2013
Please, do you have any information on LG satellite TV?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mr Ibu Vs Osuofia: Who Is A Better Movie Comedian? / Nigerian Horror Story- A Short Film Script / Super Story - "One Bad Apple"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.