Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Sorry! It Is Your Personal Opinion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sorry! It Is Your Personal Opinion (562 Views)

What Is Your Personal Life Motto? / It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion / Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sorry! It Is Your Personal Opinion by ogoamaka99(m): 11:24am On Oct 09, 2012
One of the great attribute of man is that he is a free moral agent. Man is free to decide what is good or bad for him. Most time what we take for good or bad are based on our belief, our understanding and our perception. That is, what is good for one may be bad for another?

So when it comes to religion, most of our actions are based on our belief system, and our belief systems are based on our understanding. That is, the understanding we have yesterday may differ on today’s understanding. For instance, when you are discussing with somebody, of a sudden you may scream “oh! I see, oh! I see”. I want to ask, were you blind before? No it your understanding that came alive that time.

In this forum therefore, why do we fight and quarrel over nothing? The reason was that we take our opinion to be right and correct and others wrong. Haba! Let us realize that in this life, every man or woman is entitled to his OR her opinion. So let us learn to respect individual’s opinion. That you don’t accept or believe something does not make that thing wrong or right. WHY DO YOU TRY TO FORCE YOUR OPINION ON OTHERS? You have your opinion and I have mine, so it is but childishness that makes one think that only his or her opinion that are right and others wrong. When we learn to respect others opinion we will live in peace and not in pieces.

For instance, one may spray a perfume here and one may come and complain of a nasty odor, and another may come and say “what a sweet odor.” Neither is right or wrong because the smell is based on how each perceived it. You can’t say that the person who perceived the smell to be nasty is wrong or the person who perceived the smell to be sweet. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.
Re: Sorry! It Is Your Personal Opinion by MacDaddy01: 11:31am On Oct 09, 2012
Yawn.

Sorry, it is a duty to stamp out dangerous foolishness from ones own brethren that can harm thousands.

Religion (Abrahamic religions especially) is not fact or not logical. If you want to be religious, it is your choice but then, you should also accept that your religion has ridiculous beliefs that will be ridiculed if put in a public space.

(1) (Reply)

"Why Is The Earth Round?" / Is The Bible Alone Sufficient For Christians / Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.