Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Western Geco Ltd - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Western Geco Ltd (4254 Views)

Best Western Plus Via Patterson Dove / Best Western Plus Hotel Job Recruitment (26 Positions) / University Of Western Australia Scholarships For Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Western Geco Ltd by EstyE(f): 5:17pm On Jan 20, 2008
I have got a job letter from western geco ltd . how can i find out if they real or scam? Please i need your help[b][/b]
Re: Western Geco Ltd by mssiah(m): 5:37pm On Jan 20, 2008
Are you required to make any payment .

Did you apply for any position with wetern geco

Did you go for an interview
Re: Western Geco Ltd by EstyE(f): 5:44pm On Jan 20, 2008
i saw their advert online and sent my cv
Re: Western Geco Ltd by mssiah(m): 6:04pm On Jan 20, 2008
so you got a job without a test and an interview.
send me the email address and i'll confirm for you
Re: Western Geco Ltd by SOJ(m): 11:40am On Jan 21, 2008
@poster,
dont bank on it my dear.No selfrespecting company hands out job letters without due process( an interview).so better ignore it;it could be a scam.
since when did job letters become chin-chin undecided
Re: Western Geco Ltd by stellose(f): 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2008
@poster, this may help.i did a search for you.

Recruitment Fraud
It has come to our attention that fraudulent job offers are being sent via e-mail by persons claiming to be from Schlumberger or WesternGeco.

In the e-mail, prospective employees are told to obtain immigration documents. They may be referred to an organization that requests fees for processing them. In some cases they are told they will be reimbursed for all the costs.

These communications are fraudulent.
They do not originate from Schlumberger or WesternGeco.
They are a scam.

There are three quick ways to recognize a fraudulent job offer:
Neither Schlumberger nor WesternGeco will ask for any payment as part of the recruitment process; not for immigration documents, insurance, or any other purpose.
Neither Schlumberger nor WesternGeco uses e-mails to make job offers.
Prior to employment offers, prospective employees are always invited to an interview with Schlumberger or WesternGeco personnel.
If you receive a fraudulent proposal, we would advise you to contact your local police and provide them with any information you may have from the senders (e-mail addresses, bank account into which the money was to be paid, etc.). Additionally, forward the e-mails you received to Report-Job-Scam@slb.com.

If you're interested in a job with Schlumberger or WesternGeco, please visit our Careers site.

@POSTER, PLEASE POST THE SAMPLE OF EMPLOYMENT LETTER YOU GOT, SO THAT THE GUYS HERE WILL READ AND MAKE COMMENT OK.
Re: Western Geco Ltd by hadey212(m): 2:23pm On Jan 24, 2008
There is no such company like Western Geco Ltd. What you have is Schlumberger Western Geco. The recuitment process is same as Schlumberger and the company determines if you will be assigned to Western Geco or any of the Schlumberger segments. You will go through all necessay test and interviews.

I believe what you have is a scam.
Re: Western Geco Ltd by EstyE(f): 7:12pm On Jan 24, 2008
THANKS FELLOW LANDERS, AM GREATFUL.

GOD WILL HELP US ALL, NO ONE CAN TAKE ADVANGE OF JOB SEEKING TO FRAUD US.
GOD BLESS U ALL. WE ARE ONE IN THIS RACE.
Re: Western Geco Ltd by dgb4(m): 9:24am On Mar 13, 2008
@poster,
Its a Scam
Slb passes through due processes before offering job positions

Moreover, Westerngeco staff are being employed by SLB and assigned to W/Geco
All issues about W/Geco passes through SLB.

So shine your eye well well shocked

(1) (Reply)

Stanbic Ibtc Recruitment / Recruitment For Graduate Interns At Procter And Gamble, October 2018 / Psin Invite Rolling In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.