Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,136 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Constant +ve Pt Test Yet She Sees Her Period Monthly - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Constant +ve Pt Test Yet She Sees Her Period Monthly (1245 Views)

Nigerian Pharmacist Reveals What Constant Sex Will Do To You / Help, Can Her Husband Big Manhood Afect The Flow Of Her Period / Is It Possible For A Girl To See Her Period Twice In A Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Constant +ve Pt Test Yet She Sees Her Period Monthly by Amazingift01(f): 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2012
Hi,each time my frnd goes 4 blood PT test it turns out +ve yt she sees her period every mth bt anytime she uses pt strip its always -Ve.she met a senior gynae who told her 2 go 4 anoda blood test nd behold it turnd out +ve bt dat same day her menses startd.d gynae den told her 2 go 4 scan @ a particular lab dat she trust deir result,d result said her system is normal.she den referred her 2 a federal hospital 2 check her HCG levels,d result frm hcg is 0.0001 meaning she is nt pregnant.d gynae den told her nt 2 go 4 any blood test again dat she is nt pregnant 2 put her mind @ rest since she's single nd jst 24yrs.my frnd confided in me bt I culdnt answer her questn.she is still worried seriously nd wants 2 knw wot might b responsible 4 d constant +ve result thru blood test wen she's nt pregnant
Re: Constant +ve Pt Test Yet She Sees Her Period Monthly by venorite(m): 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2012
Did your friend have s-e-x with anybody of recent without protection cos she shouldnt be worried if she didn't.if she did,then she has to wait.time will tel
Re: Constant +ve Pt Test Yet She Sees Her Period Monthly by Amazingift01(f): 7:07pm On Oct 09, 2012
@venorite d last tym she hd dat wz around march,if dere's sth in dere ,dere shuld b baby bump by now....
Re: Constant +ve Pt Test Yet She Sees Her Period Monthly by navygrl: 3:52am On Oct 10, 2012
Well you can continue your period all the way up to your delivery or she could have a hormone imbalance
Re: Constant +ve Pt Test Yet She Sees Her Period Monthly by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 10, 2012
The serum pT detects hCG in the blood. Since she has done d definitive assay, and the hCG value is very low (non-pregnant) levels, then its probably a similar chemical in her that's giving a false positive pT result. Since USS says she's not pregnant (an ectopic is also unlikely here), she should just be observant and stray not too far from her gynecologist.

But why did she go for the test in the first place, was she having signs of early pregnancy?
Re: Constant +ve Pt Test Yet She Sees Her Period Monthly by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 10, 2012
navygrl: Well you can continue your period all the way up to your delivery or she could have a hormone imbalance

Huh
I neva hear o - till delivery
I M P O S S I C A N T
But some people bleed during the pregnancy sha for many reasons - menses aint one of them tho
Re: Constant +ve Pt Test Yet She Sees Her Period Monthly by Amazingift01(f): 11:54am On Oct 10, 2012
@Anonymou she ws having an abdominal pain she vistd an hospital nd she wz told 2 go 4 serum PT afta explaining 2 d doctor dat she is on her menses so she went nd it turned out +ve.diz wz ow d whole story startd since april
Re: Constant +ve Pt Test Yet She Sees Her Period Monthly by navygrl: 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2012
annoymous:

Huh
I neva hear o - till delivery
I M P O S S I C A N T
But some people bleed during the pregnancy sha for many reasons - menses aint one of them tho
menses can continue throughout pregnancy for several reasons my dear. I'm a nurse sweetie

(1) (Reply)

Attention!! Vital notes to know about Diabetes. / Nigeria's Fumbling Response To The Ebola Contagion / I Need Effective Cure For Premature ejaculation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.