Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

A Ballad For The 4 (aluu) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Ballad For The 4 (aluu) (772 Views)

Poem Dedicated To The Aluu For Crisis In Port Harcourt / They Were Four...dedicated To The Four Uniport Students Killed In Aluu... / ALUU 4 (a Poem Dedicated 2 D Late Uniport Students) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Ballad For The 4 (aluu) by masterpiecer(m): 11:53pm On Oct 09, 2012
My heart sunk than d Titanic
I grief, hurting until I felt guilty
Guilty because the perpetrators are Nigerians
Guilty because we are same race
Guilty because we are humans
Of what use is my tears now
Even if I cry another Pacific
Would it turn back the hands of time of the hands of your killers?
You were defenseless when they stripped, kicked and hit until they finally poured and lit the heat that lead to your exit
The blood that is upon their hands is indelible
And I fear their children's children may become gullible
But let your souls find eternal bliss
Let your departure bring an end to this
Let men whose hearts lack flesh and blood learn
And let your deaths never ever be in vain

2 Likes

Re: A Ballad For The 4 (aluu) by EfemenaXY: 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2012
^^ Well written. Hope you don't mind if I add a few lines of my own here too?

A sad day for our country Nigeria,

A national shame for our country Nigeria,

With justice just as elusive as ever,

And barbarism the order of the day as ever,

Oh how I weep for our country Nigeria! embarassed sad

1 Like

Re: A Ballad For The 4 (aluu) by wonlasewonimi: 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2012
Boko harams have been bombing innocent citizens all these while....I no see ballad o. Is it because these ones were close to the SW? or we had online realtime pictures of the incident?
Re: A Ballad For The 4 (aluu) by masterpiecer(m): 1:21am On Oct 11, 2012
wonlasewonimi: Boko harams have been bombing innocent citizens all these while....I no see ballad o. Is it because these ones were close to the SW? or we had online realtime pictures of the incident?

I know bro, but these brothas's death has been 1 of d most terrible deaths ever, it was a very slow n painful death, it would av even been better if it a was a bomb dat was used on dem, I have never been there, but I knw its d worst death ever any human could endure, even till now, it still hurt me
Re: A Ballad For The 4 (aluu) by wonlasewonimi: 10:57am On Oct 11, 2012
masterpiecer:

I know bro, but these brothas's death has been 1 of d most terrible deaths ever, it was a very slow n painful death, it would av even been better if it a was a bomb dat was used on dem, I have never been there, but I knw its d worst death ever any human could endure, even till now, it still hurt me

You see, there are some crazy people are in this country. Do you know they would gladly lynch someone trying to steal bread to eat. Useless mofos!

(1) (Reply)

ANA Has Released Its Shortlist For 2012 Prizes / Robert Greene Fan Club / Warri Ofego Episode One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.