Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,532 members, 7,954,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:58 PM

The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam (25615 Views)

End Time: Isis And The "One World Ruler And Anti-christ / My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. / Powerful Herbalist And Ogboni Cult Ruler Gives His Life To Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 18, 2008
i have met that balogun of a guy.but stil i dont know wat to say about him,i pray he's fully out and committed to our lord jesus christ,truth&spirit.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:29pm On Oct 18, 2008
The Muslims and Ogboni members have made many unsuccessful assassination attempts on his life to no avail. May the Lord continue to protect and keep him as long as the Lord permits. I believe that no weapon formed against him will prosper, the angels of the Lord will continue to protect him and Pilgrim.1 as well as other Christians that are exposing the works of darkness in Jesus' name.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by babs787(m): 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2008
@Olaadegbu

Please, furnish us with the information on "Christians" who dable into the Ogboni and Lodge fraternities and reveal the wolves in sheep's clothings.

Go figure out the founder of that cult and we would siddon and talk.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by Maykelly(f): 10:40am On Oct 20, 2008
@babs787

Hello!!!!! runaway man. where have you been?
Anyway your wellcomed.

"Always "Jesus Is Lord and God.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:11pm On Oct 20, 2008
babs787:

@Olaadegbu

Go figure out the founder of that cult and we would siddon and talk.

babs787 (m)   Re: Ogboni Fraternity
« #86 on: March 07, 2007, 05:14 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ogboni secret cult

The word ‘Ogboni’ has a lot of meanings. Ogboni may mean – odidi eni so ogun, which means one who can kidnap a complete man for ritual

Another meaning goes thus – the club or cudgel (weapon) of assault and death

Ogboni is known as ‘osugbo’ to ijebu tribe of Yorubas and ‘osugbo’ means ‘the cult of old age’. The word ‘osugbo’ is derived from the cox comb tuft of hair left on the head after it has been cut, and that is the sign of old age.

Ogboni or osugbo can be translated in another way as ‘egbe arugbo’, the ‘conclave of gey haired men.

In ile-ife, ‘ogboni’ is known as ‘imole’ ‘aborigines’ which is another name given to ‘ogboni’ mostly in Oyo State. ‘gori’ is the name that the Hausas give to the ‘ogbonis’

We have other cults similar to ‘ogboni’ and some are

1.   Freemansory secret cult
2.   Grand United order of odd fellows
3.   The Church of Ligh secret cult
4.   Rosicrucian Amorc secret cult
5.   Loyal order of ancient shepherds cult
6.   Ancient Order of foresters secret cult
7.   The U.B.F. secret cult

All the above were founded in European and American countries. Lets read the ‘ogboni’ cult of other Africans too

8.   Sande and poro secret cult in Sierra leone
9.   Mumo
10.   Ndi-dibia
11.   Ozo in Eastern part of Nigeria
12.   Ekpo Secret cult
13.   Ekpe secret cult for Ibibio in Nigeria
14.   Gboya secret cult
15.   Ndako secret cult
16.   Igunnuko secret cult in Nupe tribe of Niger State of Nigeria
17.   Zanigbeto secret cult in Port Novo
18.   Alekwu secret cult
19.   Idoma secret cult all in Idoma tribe in Benue State
20.   Ndiche secret cult in Onitsha, Anambra State

Etc

In the olden days before the advent of western civilization, ogboni was a very powerful organization in which all powers belong to.

They are the political organizers in Yoruba land, established for the purpose of maintaining law and order, they deal with criminal charges and settle civil disputes. They discuss general issues concerning the well being of the community. They are the ‘king makers’ and also have power to expel any king from his throne. If any king misbehaved, ogboni will send a secret sign called ‘aroko’ in which the king will die upon receiving same. The secret cult sign ‘aroko’ is ‘parrot’s egg” in white calabach.

Among the egbas and the Ijebus, ogboni were the chief executives and the judiciary in the olden days and had judicial powers which of course extended to life and death.

Their meeting day

Ogboni meets on every 17 days unless there is an emergency. They do meet around midnight where nobody will see them maybe as a result of their uniform

Their annual festival
Like others, ogboni secret cult have many kinds of festival. When its time for the festival, the man in charge called ‘ashipa’ will announce the festival day and everybody will prepare for the day. On that day, the first thing they will do is the washing of their ‘father’ and ‘mother’ – the two images of Edan that ogboni believes to be the image of Adam and Eve.

They wash the edan with Odundun leaf, otito leaf, sefunfun leaf, ogbo leaf etc. after washing the idols, they will put them on a very white cloth and ask from ‘edan’ what wil be this year’s sacrifice and whatever it requests, they will provide be it killing of human being.

Dressing of the ogboni

You can identify an ogboni chief with a large trousers with double wrappers, heavy beads on his neck and a broad brimmed hat on his head.

You can also see the ogboni with single broad clothe worn like toga.

We also have chieftains in ogboni but will not go into that because of space.

Ogboni Reformed Fraternity (ORF)

The venerable Archdeacon, Reverend Thomas Adeshina Jacobson Ogunbiyi was the founder of the ROF. He was born in Isale Eko, Lagos Nigeria. He was the only African archdeacon of the Anglican Communion of his time.

The man was the most distinguished commander of the Britis Empire (BE) as well as the Honourable member of the Legislative Council (MLC). He was also the Licentiate of Theology. He was a spiritual church leader and an innovator who introduced things into the church such as celebration of harvest festival into the Anglican Church in 1910 A.D and at the  Holy Trinity Church, Ebute Metta in Lagos State

Ogunbiyi was the man who first put public Christian revival services in practice in 1913 AD  when he founded the Lagos Keswick Convention

Through ogunbiyi, Nigerian churches put their heads together to form a body at Onitsha in 1943 AD known as (CCN) Christian Council of Nigeria with the company of all eminent churches of that time such as

1.   CMS (church missionary society) known then as Anglican
2.   he Methodist church (Wesleyans then)
3.   the salvation Army Church
4.   the Baptist church

he was a member of ogboni ibile in lagos city. A member of ogboni aborigine in Abeokuta and also a member of osugbo cult in Ijebuland

ogunbiyi was the first olori apena of the fraternity. He died on june 19, 1952

propagators

1.   T.A.J. Ogunbiyi was the founder and the first olori Apena of ROF. He was a strong member of the churches like Anglican church as well as catholics. He was a reverend, venerable, archdeacon, politician, doctor, lawyer and a businessman.
2.   sir Adeyemo Alakija was the first Olori Oluwo. He was a top member and a leader in the Roman Catholic Church. He was lawyer, politician, journalist and a businessman. He was the chairman of the board of director of NPP & co., the publishers of Nigerian Daily Times in 1926
3.   we also have sir adetokunbo adegboyega ademola as the second olori oluwo
4.   sir chief david adekunle olaiya adeniji
5.   madam joke peters
6.   chief j. oladeinde
7.   reverend M. somade cole. The vicar of Christ church cathedral

etc, the list continues. I have to stop here because of space.

@Babs787,

Can you continue with the list of  "Christians", RCC members and Muslims who are members of the society or, are you saying that they do not have Muslims as members?.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by lioness(f): 2:03pm On Oct 21, 2008
For christ sake am asking againj

HOW CAN I IDENTIFY ONE,
what kind of rings do they wear/
chains etc
how do they behave?
is there a stature in their houses etc etc
cry cry
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:18pm On Oct 21, 2008
babs787 (m)   Re: Ogboni Fraternity
« #86 on: March 07, 2007, 05:14 PM » 

Dressing of the ogboni

You can identify an ogboni chief with a large trousers with double wrappers, heavy beads on his neck and a broad brimmed hat on his head.

You can also see the ogboni with single broad clothe worn like toga.

We also have chieftains in ogboni but will not go into that because of space.

I reckon that most of them go by one chieftaincy title or the other.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:30pm On Oct 21, 2008
Ogboni Reformed Fraternity (ORF)

The venerable Archdeacon, Reverend Thomas Adeshina Jacobson Ogunbiyi was the founder of the ROF. He was born in Isale Eko, Lagos Nigeria. He was the only African archdeacon of the Anglican Communion of his time.

The man was the most distinguished commander of the Britis Empire (BE) as well as the Honourable member of the Legislative Council (MLC). He was also the Licentiate of Theology. He was a spiritual church leader and an innovator who introduced things into the church such as celebration of harvest festival into the Anglican Church in 1910 A.D and at the Holy Trinity Church, Ebute Metta in Lagos State

Ogunbiyi was the man who first put public Christian revival services in practice in 1913 AD when he founded the Lagos Keswick Convention

Through ogunbiyi, Nigerian churches put their heads together to form a body at Onitsha in 1943 AD known as (CCN) Christian Council of Nigeria with the company of all eminent churches of that time such as

1. CMS (church missionary society) known then as Anglican
2. he Methodist church (Wesleyans then)
3. the salvation Army Church
4. the Baptist church

he was a member of ogboni ibile in lagos city. A member of ogboni aborigine in Abeokuta and also a member of osugbo cult in Ijebuland

ogunbiyi was the first olori apena of the fraternity. He died on june 19, 1952

propagators

1. T.A.J. Ogunbiyi was the founder and the first olori Apena of ROF. He was a strong member of the churches like Anglican church as well as catholics. He was a reverend, venerable, archdeacon, politician, doctor, lawyer and a businessman.
2. sir Adeyemo Alakija was the first Olori Oluwo. He was a top member and a leader in the Roman Catholic Church. He was lawyer, politician, journalist and a businessman. He was the chairman of the board of director of NPP & co., the publishers of Nigerian Daily Times in 1926
3. we also have sir adetokunbo adegboyega ademola as the second olori oluwo
4. sir chief david adekunle olaiya adeniji
5. madam joke peters
6. chief j. oladeinde
7. reverend M. somade cole. The vicar of Christ church cathedral

etc, the list continues. I have to stop here because of space.

The highlighted submission above answers the question as to the inclusion of the adherents of the RCC in the Ogboni cult, but babs787 has to come back and confirm whether Muslims are also involved or not.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2008
olabowale:

@Hotfunmi: You title your Thread very wrong. You need to remove Islam from it. From your initial entry, you doubt if it is Islamic compartable. then from what i quoted from you in this response, you confirmed it that you know this is a Christian thing; initially the catholics and now adding, the protestants.

Let me tell you, I knew few Ogonis in my youth, Awolowo, Ajasin, etc. None of them was Muslim. And no one with Muslim name, even if he/she is pretending to be observing the 5 pillars of Islam, upon additing anything in worship, expressed or implied, of Allah the Almighty, is out of the fold of Islam. That a one, is Muslim in name only. You can not be Babalawo or oracle person (if thats what they are called) and say for sure that you are a Muslim. Inlam does not even permits what the african people, wearing as armlet or whatever, verses of Qur'an, or writing it and then washing it off from the tablet and collecting the water to drink.

Since Muhammad did not do it, ad did not permit it for anyone, then there is no basis for it. From your Oro thing, I begin to lean on the believe that you are from Owo. But hey, if am wrong, then forgive me.

Pa olabowale,

Do you still stand by the statement you made above that Muslims are not involved or cannot remain a Muslim if they join the Ogboni cult? Can you also confirm the tales by the moonlight that Awolowo's picture appeared on the moon?
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by lucaslois(m): 11:18am On Apr 23, 2010
It's more than you people are saying.It comprises of any religion 'cause it's not a religion.Read through this piece before you judge.Mind you,I don't belong to them.

Venerable Rev T.A.J Ogunbiyi CBE LTh founded the ROF INC on the 18th Dec 1918 at Obun Eko in Lagos Nigeria. The original name of the fraternity was EGBE "OGBONI ONIGBAGBO " which means in English language "OGBONI FRATERNITY OF THE CHRISTIANS". As time went on the founder considered it necessary to admit non-Christians, provided such entrants embrace a non-idolatrous believe in God.

History has it that the following officiated at the first initiation ceremony:

Chief Fagade (Apena Ife)-Oluwo
Chief Ogungbade-Lisa
Venerable Arc Deacon T.A.J Ogunbiyi-Apena
Mr Paul Shokunbi-Adele
Mr Jas Brown

The following were the first initiates:

G. A Williams Esq
Dr O. Obasa
J.H.S Robbin Esq
Rev W.B Euba
Rev M.S Cole
Mr Akinsemohin BL

On the night of same date another set of candidates were initiated, these were:

H. Libert Esq
E. A Jacobs Esq
M Abayomi Esq
J. Oso Esq.

The first Iledi (Conclave) was instituted on December 18th 1914 and by May 29th 1942, 41 (forty one) Conclaves (Iledi) had been instituted across the country in Nigeria.

The fraternity became incorporated under the Lands (Perpetual Succession) Ordinance 1942 on the 17th day of June 1943. A certificate of incorporation was appropriately issued to that effect. The growth in the number of Conclaves Iledi) has been encouraging after the incorporation and consequently the noble institution now has about 740 conclaves located all over Nigeria with one in Cameroun and three in London. Arrangements are at advance stages to institute new conclaves in Italy, America, Brazil, and the West Indies.

The activities of the order are guided by the provisions contained in the Constitution and the general by laws. The documents spell out amongst other things the name, membership, aim and objectives of the fraternity, including the organs and their powers and functions.

The registered office (headquarters) of the fraternity is 38 Abeokuta st, Ebute-meta, Lagos Nigeria. The fraternity, which is also registered under the Friendly Society, Act 1814 and land perpetual succession Act Cap 98 Laws of the federation of Nigeria, is composed of the following:

a. The Supreme council
b. The Executive council
c. The Regional council
d. The Divisional council
e. The General council
f. The Conclaves

The overall control of the fraternity is vested in the Olori Oluwo who is the HEAD of the ROF. He presides over all the meetings of the Supreme, Executive and General Councils. The Olori Apena who is next in rank is the custodian of the rites, usages, and custom of the order.

The Supreme Council is the competent authority of the fraternity and its governing body. It is composed of the Olori Oluwo, Olori Apena, all the trustees, and those in charge of the region.

The Executive Council is composed of all the Alakoso of the division, the Oluwo. The Apena and Lisa of the premier conclave Ile-Nla and any such member or members of the fraternity not below the rank of Lisa as the Olori Oluwo and the supreme council may deem fit.

The Regional Council is composed of 3 (three) representatives of Oluwo, Apena and Lisa of each division and their alakoso. The Asoju of the region is the general overseer.

A number of conclaves within a defined area are grouped together to constitute a divisional council comprising of the Oluwo, Apena, and Lisa of the respective conclaves.

The General Council acts in all matters as an advisory body to the Supreme Council. The membership is composed of all members of the Supreme and Executive Councils, the Oluwo, the Apena and the Lisa of all conclaves. The Conclaves (Iledi) are the units of the society each operating under the banner of the Oluwo, the Apena, the Iya Abiye and other title Holders for the proper and efficient working of every conclave.

There is the office of the Olori Iya Abiye and she presides over the meetings of all Alaga Iya Abiye and all other Iya Abiye. By the way there is need to mention that the Iya Abiye is the president of all female members in a conclave. Also, there is the office of Alaga Iya Abiye in each division and she presides at the meeting of all Iya Abiye within that Division.

This web site of the ROF is part of the fraternity's new policy of openness, which we hope will serve as a medium of better informing the general public about our fraternity. Members of the public are also welcome to visit our headquarters in Lagos if they need more information.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by kansionwuekwe: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2012
there is power in
ARMOC X2
FREEMASON X2
MAMI POWER WATER x2
OGBONI x2

your handz grin grin grin

BUT JESUS POWER PASS DEM ALL
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by TarryFour: 2:06am On May 06, 2013
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by TarryFour: 2:07am On May 06, 2013
And this as to the Ogboni question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcx0mozgwmE
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:54am On May 06, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^^BULLSH!!T VIDEOS> DONT WATCH. WASTE OF TIME. stop spamming wiyh these dumb videos all over nairaland. angry angry angry angry
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by johnbarth33: 11:41am On Oct 22, 2015
Plz i want to join who can lead me i m very serious
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by Kaballist: 6:13pm On Oct 22, 2015
johnbarth33:
Plz i want to join who can lead me i m very serious
38 abiokuta street ibutemeta lagos nigeria is the H/Q i can give you a number to reach the headman but through an email
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by Mightycall: 11:46am On Dec 26, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

The highlighted submission above answers the question as to the inclusion of the adherents of the RCC in the Ogboni cult, but babs787 has to come back and confirm whether Muslims are also involved or not.

Hey man. Good morning. Please can I get the audio or a link to download Evang. Balogun testimony or confession...?
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:11pm On Jan 13
Mightycall:

Hey man. Good morning. Please can I get the audio or a link to download Evang. Balogun testimony or confession...?

You will have to google it to find out. I'm not sure whether that man is still alive as I have not heard from him lately.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes / Samuel Ugwute: Big Holes In Story Of Man Who 'Resurrected' From Dead- PoliticsNG / Paul Enenche And Wife, Becky Paul-Enenche At The Lord's Garden (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.