Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Urgent Help Need With Computer That Shutsdown Too Often - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Urgent Help Need With Computer That Shutsdown Too Often (634 Views)

Help: Need To Merge My Unallocated Harddisk Space Back / Help With Computer Historical Development Of Computer Software And Hardware / Help! Need Software For Jvc Camcorder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Need With Computer That Shutsdown Too Often by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2012
I have an Hp mini that had a malfunctioning keypad and broken screen, I was in Lagos two days ago to fix it. One guy there did it for me in my absence. Everything is fine now the only problem I have with it which was not a defect initially is this thing shuts down for just no cause. I can only use it when charging, once there's no power, it goes off after 10min. When you try to turn it on after that, once the logo appears it goes off again. I can swear it has never had this problem.

Please I need help its frustrating.
Re: Urgent Help Need With Computer That Shutsdown Too Often by LordReed(m): 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
Ranks007: I have an Hp mini that had a malfunctioning keypad and broken screen, I was in Lagos two days ago to fix it. One guy there did it for me in my absence. Everything is fine now the only problem I have with it which was not a defect initially is this thing shuts down for just no cause. I can only use it when charging, once there's no power, it goes off after 10min. When you try to turn it on after that, once the logo appears it goes off again. I can swear it has never had this problem.

Please I need help its frustrating.

Does it shut down when you are plugged in? If not then your battery has reached the limits of the discharge recharge cycle, it cannot last long anymore and needs to be changed if you wish to enjoy more battery time.
Re: Urgent Help Need With Computer That Shutsdown Too Often by Maleeq(m): 10:28am On Oct 11, 2012
Like @lord_reed says, its probably your battery.

I don't want to infer wrongly, but I am drawn to believing the technician swapped your battery. For you said this only started after "he fixed your keyboard in your absence".
Re: Urgent Help Need With Computer That Shutsdown Too Often by BowaleGuy(m): 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2012
If u can only use your lappy when plugged to power source and ur lappy shuts down after about 10mins using battery,it implies dat d battery is bad.Opt 4 a replacement and stop over-charging.
Re: Urgent Help Need With Computer That Shutsdown Too Often by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
Thank you all.

I called the technician and he is claiming I should go to the control panel to fix whatever God knows y?

(1) (Reply)

E-commerce Web Design / 10 Ways To Know That Your PC Is Infected With Virus / Mobogenie Annoyance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.