Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead (12433 Views)

Nigerian Broadcaster, Adaure Achumba Weds White Hubby / Yinka Bode George Strips To His Underwear In New Photos / Yinka Bode George Puts His Eggplant On Display As He Celebrates Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by lekanolas: 9:44pm On Oct 10, 2012
It was in November last year that veteran broadcasters gathered at the open ground of the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN), Ikoyi, to pay glowing tributes to their late colleague and ace broadcaster, Onwa Ikenna Ndaguba.

His contemporary and language teacher at the training school, Bode Alalade, who expressed shock for his death, said: “He was my good friend. He was the finest broadcaster I ever met in my life. He called me ‘the source’ while I called him ‘follow-follow’. I’ll miss him even in death. Ikenna is not dead; he’s living with us because his legacies will live with us.”

Sadly, barely one year after, Alalade has gone to meet his ‘good friend’ as he too died on Tuesday at his home in the Ogudu GRA, Lagos, at 75 years. He was a veteran broadcaster and former General Manager NTA 7, Lagos.And in his several decades in broadcasting, Otunba Alade exhibited great versatility and intellectualism. He was a presenter, newsreader/caster producer, writer and great administrator.

Admired for his heavy voice, Alalade was a quintessential newcaster, especially on the 9pm network news on the NTA. His contemporaries were Eugenia Abu, Ikenna Ndaguba, Sienne Allwell Brown, among others.

Alalade joined the National Broadcating Corporation (NBC) in 1973 and spent several years both as an on air personality, casting the news for over 30 million listeners/viewers.

He was born in Ibadan, Oyo State on July 14, 1937. He had his education at Princess School and Government School in Lagos. St. Peter’s School, Aremo, Ibadan, Hussey College, Warri, 1952-56; Ibadan Grammar School 1957-58, Fourah Bay College, Sierra Leone; the University College, Sierra- Leone, 1961-64; University of London, 1968-69 and the University of Lagos 1986-87.

Otunba Alalade was not only one of Nigeria’s broadcasting legends, but also a passionate teacher— former high school teacher, college lecturer and TV and Radio broadcast journalism trainer— with a flair for grooming aspiring journalists.

He was quoted as saying: “I love teaching, it’s my passion. And that is why I don’t want these things to die,” an indication of his commitment to cultural preservation, rural community development, historical documentation and ensuring that knowledge is transferred from the older to the younger generation.

With the goal of enlightening the public via the media, Mr. Alalade had successfully merged the fields of broadcasting and education and was recognised and presented with an “Award for Excellence” by Litchfield Nigeria Limited, for excellent performance, good leadership qualities and contribution to educational programmes. His broadcasting profession which entailed producing public programmes including genres such as “documentaries,” involve processes such as researching, voicing, scripting etc., and are all invaluable methods required for the purpose of conservation within the museum

Source:http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/media/bode-aladade-finest-broadcaster-dies-at-75/
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by okooloyun1(m): 12:05am On Oct 11, 2012
RIP
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by joyfun: 5:44am On Oct 11, 2012
Yep, that was my dearest brother in law.News shocked us all. He was a very pleasant, person. Rest in peace "My uncle Bode".
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by Afam4eva(m): 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2012
Is Ikenna Ndaguba dead? When, how? Or is it the same Ndaguba that i know?
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by Afam4eva(m): 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2012
Is Alalade the same guy that his death was shown on TVC? Did he ever work with Minaj Broadcast International(MBI) and TVC?

RIP Bode
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by kooto(m): 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2012
He reminds me of their era when newscasting was an art, REST IN PERFECT PEACE.
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by Crown128(m): 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2012
RIP
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by NigelEnimJr(m): 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
R.I.P cry cry cry
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by sylve11: 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2012
Journey well papa! sad cool
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by mrperfect(m): 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2012
RIP
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by enioladeran: 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2012
RIP
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by Ariyke: 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2012
RIP
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by Chanchit: 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2012
afam4eva: Is Ikenna Ndaguba dead? When, how? Or is it the same Ndaguba that i know?

No, its the Ikenna that I know. Anyway, @Op, can u help us with the pix...?
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2012
SIENNE ALLWELL BROWN
BODE ALALADE
JOHN MOMOH
IKENNA NDAGUBA

THOSE WERE THE NEWCASTERS IN THE HEYDAYS OF NIGERIA. ANYMORE NAMES ?
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by bankyblue(m): 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
Pix pls? I don't no hin and at least let me see his face.......pis
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by kemiola89(f): 7:15pm On Oct 11, 2012
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by luvinhubby(m): 7:39pm On Oct 11, 2012
obadiah777: SIENNE ALLWELL BROWN
BODE ALALADE
JOHN MOMOH
IKENNA NDAGUBA

Did you forget Ruth Benamaisia, Ronke Ayuba& Hauwa Baba Ahmed.

3 Likes

Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by Remii(m): 7:49pm On Oct 11, 2012
luvinhubby:

Mike enahoro, Elizabeth nze, sola Omole, Yusuf jibo, segun aderiye,

RIP, may the soul of Bode Alalade rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by chucky234(m): 9:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
afam4eva: Is Ikenna Ndaguba dead? When, how? Or is it the same Ndaguba that i know?
How would you know when you refused to buy a colour TV and ordinary I-pass-my-neighbour generator to power the TV so as not to miss news at 7pm or 10pm
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by lekanwj(m): 10:16pm On Oct 11, 2012
obadiah777: SIENNE ALLWELL BROWN
BODE ALALADE
JOHN MOMOH
IKENNA NDAGUBA

YINKA CRAIG
PATRICK OKE

1 Like

Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 11, 2012
HEY GUYS LOVE ALL THE ADDITIONS TO THE LIST.

JULIE COKER.

SEE WHAT I FOUND ? PICTURES https://www.nairaland.com/1062509/nigeria-good-bad-beautiful-ugly/16
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by joyfun: 4:41am On Oct 12, 2012
My Uncle Bode ALALADE

Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by calabaman(m): 9:04am On Oct 12, 2012
RIP
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by saintdoh: 9:49am On Oct 12, 2012
May his soul rest in peace.gud bye oga,nigerians wil miss u
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by Subuhanalahi: 10:33am On Oct 12, 2012
RIP
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by tomzman: 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
RIP
Re: Veteran Broadcaster Bode Alalade Is Dead by JOXY(f): 12:49pm On Oct 12, 2012
luvinhubby:
Bimbo Robert

(1) (Reply)

Bally Distributes Food Items In IDP Camp In Kafanchan, Kaduna (Photos) / Michael Clarke Duncan Is Dead ('Green Mile' Actor) / Poco Lee Vs Lil Smart , Who Is The Best Dancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.