Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:14 AM

Operating System Not Found - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Operating System Not Found (951 Views)

Who Can List Out All The Operating System We Have / New PC: 'No Operating System Found' / Linux or Windows Operating System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Operating System Not Found by trutalk(m): 12:04pm On Jan 21, 2008
Please Help My New non tested System which i bought is saying saying operating system not found and i have changed the hard disk and inserted the jumpers properly and the problem still persists. However, i tried reinstalling the OS in it which is Win XP professional and what it does is this, After running the Win Xp Setup, select the drive to install it in and then format, after format completes successfully, it starts coping files. After the files have been copied successfully aswell, the system then restarts to continue the rest of the installation process, it would still display OS not found. Guys please help me out cos this is driving me nuts.

Benny.
Re: Operating System Not Found by ricki: 7:10pm On Jan 22, 2008
check the hdd
Re: Operating System Not Found by Ralvy(m): 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2008
How many Hard Drives do u have on the System?
Re: Operating System Not Found by koseepaaro(m): 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2008
You know what Trutalk,
If you have two Hard Drive, remove one and make sure that it is left with only the one you want to load windows xp on.

If you have only one Hard Drive on that system, the only source of your problem ( not to stress yourself too much) is your IDE CABLE and THAT YOUR HARD DRIVE.
Make sure that you don't waste your precious time checking any other unnecessary component.

Good luck.
Re: Operating System Not Found by trutalk(m): 10:22am On Jan 24, 2008
Thanks alot koseepaaro it waz the IDE CABLE that has been fucking me up. You are really a Genius. one of the IDE Port was bad son i Now got an IDE cable that had two point and connected it to the CD ROM and the HDD Drive and it Went through. Pls can i Get your # so we can get to share Ideas like this. However, you can send it via ma mail naughtybenny247@yahoo.com. Thanks once small. Have fun.
Re: Operating System Not Found by DualCore1: 7:41pm On Jan 24, 2008
@Kosrpaaroo
Double thumbs up

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help On Ubuntu , Desktop Effect, Dual Desktop Effects / Afresh Graduate Of Computer Science Needs Help / Please Help, My Opera Mini 4.2 Is No Longer Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.