Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,124 members, 7,953,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:02 PM

New PC: 'No Operating System Found' - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / New PC: 'No Operating System Found' (5024 Views)

My New Pc Restarting Frequently By Itself / Who Can List Out All The Operating System We Have / Linux or Windows Operating System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by Zule(m): 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2006
Hello can, any one help me out on what to do. My firend bought a none tested pc set and conneected it but the system displayed no operating system found can any one help
i will be grateful
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by Skidoc(m): 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2006
It probably means that the PC came with no operating system and you need to buy one. Whether Windows 98 or 2000 or XP.
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by Ynot(m): 8:56pm On Feb 20, 2006
Your friend should check the system bios. Maybe, the system is set to boot from floppy or CD-rom ONLY.  If so, change the system boot process to boot from hard-drive. But again, as Skidoc said, its possible there is no OS installed.

Lastly, its quite possible the PC is lacking a hard-drive. You might want to check that out too.
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by Seun(m): 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2006
Try to install Windows XP on the hard disk. Does it have a hard disk?
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by gentleone(f): 2:56pm On Feb 21, 2006
@zule, let ur friend test whatever he's buying next time, its always good. check the BIOS as Ynot said and if it doesnt work, install 2000 or XP, Microsoft will soon discontinue support for Win 98.
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by dagaro(m): 6:17pm On Feb 21, 2006
They have said it all!
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by luridguy(m): 10:53pm On Feb 21, 2006
you can always return it but installing an operating system is not hard as long as you have an hard disk
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by kenniy(m): 12:57am On Feb 22, 2006
is the PC branded (as in HP, Acer, ) or cloned (assembled). most branded are solded with the OS pre-installed, otherwise it will be stated on the PC or its carton.it'll of cause make it cheaper. cloned, not neceaasrily, and might not be stated.
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by Bishop(m): 1:16pm On Feb 23, 2006
No operating system found could also happen when either your hard disk is bad or IDE cable is not connected or perharps the hard drive is not recognized by the cpu or bios

This is only and advance troubleshooting process when all other advice posted earlier dont walk.

If you dont know anything about hardware,then i might be speaking greek to you.consult your pc technicain or engineer.
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by Zule(m): 7:52pm On Feb 24, 2006
Bishop<br>
No operating system found could also happen when either your hard disk is bad or IDE cable is not connected or perharps the hard drive is not recognized by the cpu or bios

This is only and advance troubleshooting process when all other advice posted earlier don't walk.

If you don't know anything about hardware,then i might be speaking greek to you.consult your pc technicain or engineer.
All what u have siad i know them all it is just that i don't know the previuosly installed version of the operating system in his pc. i ahve checked the IDE cable myself and even reconnected it my self but to know avail i suggeted a bootable CD but the issue is which of the bootable do i use windows 98,
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by Zule(m): 7:57pm On Feb 24, 2006
Kenniy
is the PC branded (as in HP, Acer, ) or cloned (assembled). most branded are solded with the OS pre-installed, otherwise it will be stated on the PC or its carton.it'll of cause make it cheaper. cloned, not neceaasrily, and might not be stated.
the system is a heavily used non-tested pentium II system
so i have decided to used abootable CD to check if can format the HARD DISK and upgrade the operating system
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by Zule(m): 7:59pm On Feb 24, 2006
Seun
ry to install Windows XP on the hard disk. Does it have a hard disk?
that's my final decision yet to try it
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by Seun(m): 8:03pm On Apr 05, 2006
Has this now been solved?
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by Zule(m): 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2006
yup, segun
at last i found out that the HArd disk is faulty cause I wanted to upgrade the OS to window XP
when the Hard disk was formmatting it stop in 99% then i change another hard disk
but then do u have any clue on what to do to continue using the hard disk cos i love tthat disk it is a 20gb hard disk?
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by lovengreat: 10:51pm On Aug 12, 2009
Find an Auto Shop for your Auto Repair needs. A United States directory of repair facilities ranging from mechanics, auto body shops, tires stores, dent removal and many more.

Dent Removal
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by cassytoons: 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2009
do u have any clue on what to do to continue using the hard disk cos i love tthat disk it is a 20gb hard disk?

Tot it was supposed to be your friends PC how come u now like d 20Gb Hard disk, And bros is it not even betta to throw away dat 20Gb HDD , some phones even carry Hard disk larger dan that, ? my advise is dat upgrade to a higher Hard disk and move on,
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by deji2005(m): 11:16pm On Aug 13, 2009
nice one guys
Re: New PC: 'No Operating System Found' by deji2005(m): 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2009
Guys in other to help ourselves, can we please give us some basic/simple infor before posting your pc problem, as this would enable us to think fast on our feet, Thank you, Dejisunday

MAKE AND MODEL OF PRODUCT

LAPTOP OR PC

VISTA OR XP

WHEN THE PROBLEM START

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Fast Internet Only A Dream In Nigeria / I Need A Mini Laptop / SOLD!! SOLD!!Dell E6410 American Used For Sale @enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.