Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,756 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother (13709 Views)

Florence Esu Is Engaged To Her Friend’s Widower Four Months After Death / 2shotz Denies Being Engaged To Beverly Osu / Bella Adenuga Engaged To Osaze Odemwingie? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 11, 2012

It turns out that the blinding bling Bobbi Kristina Brown has been wearing on her finger is an engagement ring. The 19-year-old is planning to marry her controversial boyfriend Nick Gordon.

In a promo for "The Houstons: On Our Own" — the reality show about how Whitney Houston's family has been coping after her death — Brown giggles as she breaks the news that she is engaged to 22-year-old Gordon. Let's just say the reaction isn't celebratory — it's more of a stunned silence. Brown's aunt Pat Houston, who was Whitney's manager and best friend, says, "Engagement? This is unacceptable."

Brown's relationship with Gordon — which began after Whitney's death — has raised eyebrows for multiple reasons. First, there's the age factor. Brown is still a teenager. Plus, she's mourning the loss of her mother, who died suddenly in February. But a bigger issue — as you'll see in the clip — is that Houston took Gordon in as a teenager and raised him as her own, alongside Brown. So the family is uncomfortable that the relationship has turned romantic.

"No one knew that from a godson you would turn into a boyfriend," Whitney's brother, Gary Houston, says while confronting Gordon in the clip.
Gordon shoots back, "Nobody has to be in my business." Brown's beau goes on to say that the family has wrongly made him out to be "a bad person."

Gordon himself isn't doing much to help his reputation. Late last month he took to his Twitter account to post a photo of himself behind the wheel of a car while pointing a handgun in the air. The photo was later removed from the social media site. In the new issue of People he addressed the controversy, admitting it was a mistake in judgment.

Meanwhile, late last month the Houston family — spearheaded by Whitney's mother, Cissy Houston — filed legal papers asking a Georgia judge to modify the existing terms of the late singing superstar's will. Brown is the sole beneficiary of Houston's estate, so the family wants to restructure the inheritance payouts in an attempt to prevent anyone from trying to take advantage of her. The legal papers stated that Brown is a "highly visible target for those who would exert undue influence over her inheritance and/or to seek to benefit from [her] resources and celebrity." No hearing date has been scheduled on the matter.
We suspect all these topics will be fodder for "The Houstons: On Our Own." The Lifetime series will premiere on Wednesday, October 24.

SOURCE
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by Afam4eva(m): 4:48pm On Oct 11, 2012
Which one be God-Brother? As long as they're not biological siblings then it's ok by me.

2 Likes

Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by SamMilla1(m): 4:51pm On Oct 11, 2012
And then ?
The article said the girl is still mourning the death of her morher who suddenly died.
I felt so sorry for the girl until i saw her smiling picture up there.
That grl is enjoying herself.
Not that i care.
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by DonaldGenes(m): 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2012
hmmmmmmm what da..........
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2012
I understand where the family is coming from. A child they brought in and raised as their own getting married to their daughter? That's just somehow.
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by DonaldGenes(m): 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2012
omoge
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by omoola007(m): 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2012
she looks like bobby in drag
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by sammmiey1: 4:57pm On Oct 11, 2012
undecidedSo?
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by try69: 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2012
ItsModella: I understand where the family is coming from. A child they brought in and raised as their own getting married to their daughter? That's just somehow.
they are not related in anyway..and maybe the dude has really been doing something to the smallie that she likes and can't let go off.. grin..so "MAMA don die now,abeg make i carry go jare". cheesy
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 11, 2012
Park well abeg.

NEXTTT!!
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by gabito4luv(m): 5:00pm On Oct 11, 2012
U sure say dis guy no b Lagos guy? Just thinkin
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by ultimate4lovers(m): 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2012
Don't fink sumtin is wrong wit dat...since they ain't siblings biologically¤¤
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by HRManager2: 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2012
I think she is too young to marry ( and I hope she does not tow the line her mother did in terms of marriage - there lies the source of her doom) but I see no issue in her getting married to this particular guy. Unless he is a person of no character, shouldn't the family be happy the girl is choosing to marry someone they know instead of a complete stranger?

2 Likes

Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by 2mch(m): 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2012
Take it easy little girl. She is moving very fast since the mother died. sad
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by tjskii(f): 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2012
Kai d girl no just fine at all,as someone just said,she really looks lik bobby in drag,but her fiance is a totally different kettle of fish,hez h.o.t.t cheesy
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by gbanikiti(m): 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2012
2mch: Take it easy little girl. She is moving very fast since the mother died. sad
exactly! E be like say love dey shack her.marrying a 22yrs old boy? This gat to be a joke! I hope she knows what she is doing in other not to end up like her mum.
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by georgesylva(m): 5:13pm On Oct 11, 2012
ItsModella: I understand where the family is coming from. A child they brought in and raised as their own getting married to their daughter? That's just somehow.
Who happen 2 b d sole beneficiary 2 whitney's wealth.
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by highlandre(m): 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2012
Would Gordon or whatever name he's called claim to love Kristina Brown when her mother, Whitney Houston was alive? Omo ale jati jati!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by Chanchit: 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2012
I heard the gurl is on drugs already, so dt means they will be using spoon to feed each other cocaine to show how much they love each other.

When two brats marry each other, one or both of them will cry in 7 different languages very soon.
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by kwajahafiz(m): 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2012
[i][/i]
omoola007: she looks like bobby in drag
Don't hate. O girl is cute.
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by femliany(m): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
That guy na Awilosharpsharp..
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by sylve11: 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
and the guy go fucck am well well then later form divorce. sad cool
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2012
Ina ruwana
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by Siga: 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2012
Oh boy.....Gordon don see money ....nice one....once Bobby collect the first 20% of Whitney money now....na faaji dem dry.....nothing is wrong in them dating or marrying.....but, this guy go chop ur money smallie and dash.....
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by coalcoal1(m): 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2012
this thing get as e be o
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by kandiikane(m): 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2012
19? She looks ooooooold!!
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2012
men, this front page topic really affects my testosterone levels undecided

1 Like

Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by ozodimgba(m): 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2012
The guyman even sharp pass the lady, wetin attract him for the lady boby. Abi na becos they mention whitney and he looses his bearing. Well, it is well even in the well undecided undecided
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
So 4king waht? Wat exactly is d purpose of this thread...cos I dnt gerrit.

To tell they are engaged? Mtcheew...silly thread.
Abeg when they get married don't tell us, when dey divorce after 1 year...dnt tell us. We are not interested in all this bs news
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by mike404(m): 6:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
So that lil girl don dey phuck shocked
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by Clemzy16(m): 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2012
mike404: So that lil girl don dey phuck shocked

Such is life bro.. 19/22.. Hmmm.. Money is speaking..
Re: Bobbi Kristina, Engaged To Her Godbrother by Emerald120(f): 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2012
val_dee: Ina ruwana
akwai.

(1) (2) (Reply)

OAP Dotun: In This Nigeria, You Have No Idea What You Would Wake Up To / Actress/mayorkun’s Mother Toyin Adewale Release New Photos To Celebrate Birthday / Matured Minds Only: Do Not Open Unless You Are 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.