Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy (20980 Views)

Inspiration From Kiyosaki, "Rich Dad Poor Dad" Author / Robert Kiyosaki 'rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy / Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Classicalman(m): 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2012
Wether he FILED for or was DECLARED bankrupt, fact is that his a.s.s is broke. Period. Never liked that book anyway. So full of unpracticable theoretic balderdash.
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by 222Martins(m): 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2012
vislabraye:

Could you give us a hint of your business/enterprise? And how you applied the cash quadrant?
I bliv in facts and objectivity.
In answer to your question, all i can say is that i am an entrepreneur and investor. Those who know me personally or have worked with me know the businesses i'm involved with.
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Dipwater(m): 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2012
Abeg o the th/ief is not broke ,he is just a smart th/ief trying to cut corners

I read his book too .quite interesting bunch of trash. Success does not have a formula ,its just a matter of time and opportunity. In naija success is by the amount of money u put in the business, connection and the ability to cheat others
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by chinedumo(m): 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2012
acidtalk: When his Assiatant and Coauthor came out to tell the public this about 5years ago, Kiyosaki denied it (but I believed her).

He threatened and even sued her then, but it was settled out of court.

Lie and denial can run as fast as they wish, but the truth ALWAYS surely meets up and overtake.

If you really want a REAL MENTOR, please follow the words of Brian Tracy and not Kiyosaki whose most teaching are neither applicable in Africa nor have they proven to work 60%

His book with Donald Trump revealed a lot of his impracticable theories.

what truth did his co author tell?
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by router123(m): 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2012
acidtalk: When his Assiatant and Coauthor came out to tell the public this about 5years ago, Kiyosaki denied it (but I believed her).

Lie and denial can run as fast as they wish, but the truth ALWAYS surely meets up and overtake.

If you really want a REAL MENTOR, please follow the words of Brian Tracy and not Kiyosaki whose most teaching are neither applicable in Africa nor have they proven to work 60%

hey guy u seems to know Kiyosaki alot. actually he is my mentor & i have 90% of the books he wrote. d issue is am personally open minded about this issue. you seems to know much which i'd love to know . u mind mailing me as many fact as u can on this issue on tundeolubunmi@gmail.com & i will be very grateful
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by doingreat(m): 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2012
awesome_t: All the best to him. Never really believed all those motivational "get rich quick" mumbo jumbo books.
seems u didnt even read the book. Rich dad poor dad is certainly not a get-rich-quick book.
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by eklassical(m): 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2012

i have that book!
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by ZeusI: 8:53pm On Oct 12, 2012
awesome_t: All the best to him. Never really believed all those motivational "get rich quick" mumbo jumbo books.
Which is why Nigerians(aside Igbos) are possessing the highest rate of spectators and complainers in the field of finance. Always on the lookout for excuses to defend their failures; little minds for you, if robert went bankrup(as he emphasised in 'Rich Dad') he will not remain down, but will persist. And mind you, judging by your way of thinking faculty(mocking attitude), i deduce that you are poor, but never think that your generation will be as rich as he(Robert) is in actuality. Always believing that acquisition of wealth has no rules; poor people's mindset. Everything in life has its rules, from wealth to politics(the two premiers of human earthly esteem thus: power, without which one cannot have a say in the real world[not in academic world where everything is easy]), but is kept secred& conseald for those who it was meant for, that is why we have 70% poor and the ruled all over the world(while the few 'know-hows' thrive and make things happen). Cowardly scu*m.
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by DOnly1(m): 9:06pm On Oct 12, 2012
Robert the smart, he's only praticing what he wrote about in Rich Dad Poor Dad about the rich's ability 2 create holes in every laws/enactment, no matter how strict.
He's only trying 2 beat his prosecutors by using thier bankruptcy act provision.
God help you
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by ZeusI: 9:31pm On Oct 12, 2012
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Anthiga(m): 9:42pm On Oct 12, 2012
acidtalk:
It pays to be enlightened. I can bet 95% of Youths on this forum have neither heard of Kiyosaki nor read his book before.
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by ZeusI: 9:46pm On Oct 12, 2012
Which is why Nigerians(aside Igbos) are possessing the highest rate of spectators and complainers in the field of finance. Always on the lookout for excuses to defend their failures; little minds for you, if robert went bankrup(as he emphasised in 'Rich Dad') he will not remain down, but will persist. And mind you, judging by your way of thinking faculty(mocking attitude), i deduce that you are poor, but never think that your generation will be as rich as he(Robert) is in actuality. Always believing that acquisition of wealth has no rules; poor people's mindset. Everything in life has its rules, from wealth to politics(the two premiers of human earthly esteem thus: power, without which one cannot have a say in the real world[not in academic world where everything is easy]), but is kept secred& conseald for those who it was meant for, that is why we have 70% poor and the ruled all over the world(while the few 'know-hows' thrive and make things happen). Cowardly scu*m.
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by ZeusI: 10:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
basisop:

Oga, I'm more educationally grounded that you in business finance. You are the one bn deceived.

Engineer tuwon dare!
You know nothing about business, despite your plausible claim of having one. Business course in school is a farce, inspite of the numerous graduates Nigerian Universities vomits every year, the rate of poor people keep increasing, why not use that their scholastic knowledge instead of seeking Govt assistance, i still wonders who gave the Igbos financial assistance to be where they are today, after a debilitating war that left them with nothing but their lives. Richard's book expanded my business acumen, and is projecting me forward.
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by OzReal(m): 11:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
mxxpunkxx!:
Nigerians are so illiterate.

To the illiterates posters above :

There's a very big difference between GOING BANKRUPT and FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY.
Take note, the article didn't say he is bankrupt, it only said, he filed for . . .

undecided undecided Could you please elaborate because I can't figure out why one would file for bankruptcy if one is bankrupt or going bankrupt . In fact English language too hard sef angry
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by steve13(m): 7:05am On Oct 13, 2012

What do U̶̲̥̅̊ believe ?rat-race?U̶̲̥̅̊ need read that book.(Rich dad---Poor dad)
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by chinnyonwu(m): 1:07pm On Oct 13, 2012
Choi!! After all this man strategies, he is still not richer than My Papa Oyedepo!! ($150m) Church must be d way to go!!
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by page9(m): 11:22pm On Oct 13, 2012
The battle ground is in the mind. If you have nor won there, you cannot win it anywhere else - period!

And if per chance you lost it there, you may never understand or comprehend the message.
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by polegreg1: 10:18am On Oct 29, 2012
"

It is very strange that a bankrupt person is on the Forbes list of billionaires.

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by DJN: 10:24am On Sep 02, 2013
I came across this post, I found it necessary to add my comment to the tread.
1. First thing to note is that Corporate bankruptcy is different from personal bankruptcy. A Corporation or Limited Liability Company (LTD/PLC/LLC) is a legal and distinct entity, different from the owner or operators and promoters. In the case of damages or loss suffered by a Corporation, the assets of the Operators are protected. That is why it is called a Limited liability company i.e. the losses are limited to the assets own by the Company. This is the direct opposite of a Sole Proprietorship whereby if the business suffers a loss, the asset of the Owner can also be seized to pay for the loss.
2. In the case of Roberts K, it was one of his companies – Rich Global LLC was the one that filled corporate bankruptcy ( I think he has about 4 other companies). According to him, this particular company has been out of operation for about 5 years. Now the company was sued and asked to pay an amount greater than the asset owned by the company – so, the sensible thing to do – as a businessman – is to declare bankruptcy, since you wouldn’t want to take money from the other companies or from your personal wealth to pay for the losses of the defunct company.
3. Thirdly, was it morally right to do this, well that would depend on the details of the case. In America, you can be sued for anything. When you are rich, you are a target for every person wanting to get a shot at you. Somebody will eat burgers, get fat, develop a heart disease and the sue the burger company!!! Them force you chop the burgers So as I said, it depend on the details of the case, which unfortunately, we do not have.
Having said the above, I will like to offer some words of advice. I have read some comments, some saying “no, my mentor can’t be broke” etc etc. Well, this is what I have to say to that:
1. Don’t be a follower (according to Fela – “follow follow”) be a Student. Listen to what they have to say but don’t do it because someone said you should do it. Learn from their words and experience and synthesize your own unique philosophy based on your environment (Nigeria) and culture. Don’t “Adopt” their principles but “Adapt” it to yourself.
2. Motivational books are good but don’t read only motivational books. Your reading should be balanced (like balanced diet) Read on a wide variety of subjects (Philosophy, Economics, Politics, Law, Leadership, History, Sales, Negotiation, Networking, Novels, Holy Books etc). Don’t expect to get all the wisdom from one particular motivational speaker or from one motivational book.
3. Remember, these people are imperfect too, they are struggling to apply the principles just as you. They also make mistakes.
4. Don’t crucify the messenger because of the message. Judge the value of each message on its own merit not based on the medium or the messenger. A poor man can teach you how to be rich for example, he can say – this is how I messed up, learn from my mistakes, don’t do this or that and you will succeed.
5. Lastly, TAKE ACTION ON YOUR IDEAS, nothing will happen if you continue to sit on your butts and listen to motivational speakers.
Ok guys, do have a nice day!
Dare Nana djnana2002@yahoo.com
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by DoctorStephen(m): 5:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
engineerd:

Finish reading the article!!!!! or do u have zero comprehension skills The dude is not broke!!!! That's how you lot fail exams....gosh so irritating.
You should have asked him what it means to be rich.
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by newness12: 8:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
Smart businessmen use this strategy not to lose money. His business outfit is different entity from himself. Nzeribe declared himself bankrupt some years ago to avoid been held responsible for a loan he guaranteed someone who didn't pay. Part of financial wisdom is not to lose money unnecessarily
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by obomobo: 9:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
DJN: I came across this post, I found it necessary to add my comment to the tread.
1. First thing to note is that Corporate bankruptcy is different from personal bankruptcy. A Corporation or Limited Liability Company (LTD/PLC/LLC) is a legal and distinct entity, different from the owner or operators and promoters. In the case of damages or loss suffered by a Corporation, the assets of the Operators are protected. That is why it is called a Limited liability company i.e. the losses are limited to the assets own by the Company. This is the direct opposite of a Sole Proprietorship whereby if the business suffers a loss, the asset of the Owner can also be seized to pay for the loss.
2. In the case of Roberts K, it was one of his companies – Rich Global LLC was the one that filled corporate bankruptcy ( I think he has about 4 other companies). According to him, this particular company has been out of operation for about 5 years. Now the company was sued and asked to pay an amount greater than the asset owned by the company – so, the sensible thing to do – as a businessman – is to declare bankruptcy, since you wouldn’t want to take money from the other companies or from your personal wealth to pay for the losses of the defunct company.
3. Thirdly, was it morally right to do this, well that would depend on the details of the case. In America, you can be sued for anything. When you are rich, you are a target for every person wanting to get a shot at you. Somebody will eat burgers, get fat, develop a heart disease and the sue the burger company!!! Them force you chop the burgers So as I said, it depend on the details of the case, which unfortunately, we do not have.
Having said the above, I will like to offer some words of advice. I have read some comments, some saying “no, my mentor can’t be broke” etc etc. Well, this is what I have to say to that:
1. Don’t be a follower (according to Fela – “follow follow”) be a Student. Listen to what they have to say but don’t do it because someone said you should do it. Learn from their words and experience and synthesize your own unique philosophy based on your environment (Nigeria) and culture. Don’t “Adopt” their principles but “Adapt” it to yourself.
2. Motivational books are good but don’t read only motivational books. Your reading should be balanced (like balanced diet) Read on a wide variety of subjects (Philosophy, Economics, Politics, Law, Leadership, History, Sales, Negotiation, Networking, Novels, Holy Books etc). Don’t expect to get all the wisdom from one particular motivational speaker or from one motivational book.
3. Remember, these people are imperfect too, they are struggling to apply the principles just as you. They also make mistakes.
4. Don’t crucify the messenger because of the message. Judge the value of each message on its own merit not based on the medium or the messenger. A poor man can teach you how to be rich for example, he can say – this is how I messed up, learn from my mistakes, don’t do this or that and you will succeed.
5. Lastly, TAKE ACTION ON YOUR IDEAS, nothing will happen if you continue to sit on your butts and listen to motivational speakers.
Ok guys, do have a nice day!
Dare Nana djnana2002@yahoo.com

true talk
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Youngzedd(m): 10:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
Robert is waxing the more.

I love that man.
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:23am On Jul 09, 2017
armadeo:
IMO the book rich dad poor dad was his own way to hammer which he did. I lol when I see naijans trying to apply his principles here. A friend of mine was even telling me that a car is a liability. Imagine.
I am amazed that people cannot see reality, those principles can't work here it only apllies when there is long term credit facilities which smart ones can make a killing on.
Case in point the car or house:
Over there u can buy a car or house and pay over 30yrs hence a liabilty I.e U are in debt for 30yrs but here unless u have strong hand in ur bank who will release the car to u. Out toks are fully paid for b4 release hence asset. Its fully urs.
BTW if 95 percent haven't read that book then smh @ our future not because its applicable but because no search for knowledge.
Rich dad poor dad.
How time flies.
Nigerian banks really need to up their game, if they want a developed society.
Intellectual financing should be a priority to all institutions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fairmoney Becomes A Fully Digital Bank / 4 Best-kept Secrets Of Business Success / Naira Appreciates From 1310/$ To 1300/$ In Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.