Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,571 members, 7,816,405 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Can You Marry From Aluu Community? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry From Aluu Community? (1563 Views)

My Mum Made A List Of Places Not To Marry From. / Help!!! My Friends Wife To Be Is From ALUU Village / We The Mothers Of This Country Place A Curse On The Land Of Aluu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by nous(f): 12:22pm On Oct 12, 2012
Let me start by saying I do not believe in stereotypes, but the truth is that many people generalize. With the recent Aluu4 incident, people from Aluu community will for a long time have to live with the tag "evil or wicked"

Considering the fact that as a lady your children will take on the cultural identity of your husband, would you want your children to suffer from the stigma of coming from Aluu community?

Ladies, would you sacrifice a good man from Aluu or bear the risk of your children been stigmatized?

Guys, can you marry a lady from Aluu?
Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by Ramcie(f): 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2012
Am not marrying the village but the man. I also don't give "a damn" like GEJ grin about stereotypes.
Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by achinaboy(m): 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2012
wonder what is aluu or where is aluu??
Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2012
Marry from there?tufiaaaaa! With all d heavy curses those women have placed on aluu sons and husbands.its only God dat knows d kind of charms those women will have put in their mouths bfor cursin those aluu men (beasts) or d places their foot will have tread.abeg i know d implication of those curses and i dont want to be a victim of foolishness.men neva finish for naija abeg.ha!
Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
And by d way i was part of d people who said amen to d curses of those women bfor spittin on d ground and stepping on it,so y will i have any buisness whatsoever to do with dat cursed community.abi if u marry a man as far as nigerian culture is concerned,wont u marry his family too,so wot r u talkin about
Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
And by d way i was part of d people who said amen to d curses of those women bfor spittin on d ground and stepping on it,so y will i have any buisness whatsoever to do with dat cursed community.abi if u marry a man as far as nigerian culture is concerned,wont u marry his family too,so wot r u talkin about.those people dat dont have any value for d sanctity of human life
Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by UmericanGirl(f): 4:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
Sure.. if he left the community at an early age grin
Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by nicky4lif(f): 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
Never,nd the only thing that will make me allow my only brother marry someone from there is only if both traditional nd white wedding will be done in the city,which is not even possible because he is married already.so my answer is NO.
Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by diva90: 9:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
No

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by zill(f): 10:22pm On Oct 12, 2012
God forbid o.
Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by EfemenaXY: 11:03pm On Oct 12, 2012
nous: Let me start by saying I do not believe in sterotypes, but the truth is that many people generalize. With the recent Aluu4 incident, people from Aluu community will for a long time have to live with the tag "evil or wicked"
Considering the fact that as a lady your children will take on the cultural identity of your husband, would you want your children to suffer from the stigma of coming from Aluu community?
Ladies, would you sacrifice a good man from Aluu or bear the risk of your children been stigmatized?

This question should also be directed to the men - asking them if they would consider marrying a woman from the Aluu community too.

The video footage of the barbaric killings were taken by the Aluu women. They encouraged the men to beat the lives out of the students. They encouraged the men to set fire to the boys even though they were still alive. One of the women even commented that one of the boys "no gree die" and encouraged the men to push the screaming boy into the flames.

Now tell me, how much more wicked can a human being get? Especially a woman who is supposed to have borne a pregnancy for 9 months, endured the pains of childbirth, and yet was happy to see another woman's son (or rather, other women's sons) killed in the most inhumane way??

As far as I'm concerned, it's a cursed village / town / community and the Aluu women are just as wicked as the men, if not more.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by slimyem: 2:01am On Oct 13, 2012
Yes,i will....probably in my next life!!
Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by tasandra: 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2012
That high way to the grave,call Aluu God 4bid bad thin..they are hrtless ppl embarassed
Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by Johndoe100(m): 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2012
The Aluu people are Ikwerre. The Governor of the state is Ikwerre. The question is can you marry an Ikwerre? The answer is yes for 99.99% of women. What happened in that place, the lynching of suspected thieves is not uncommon. I wonder why it has now been become something to shout "shock" "horror" over. They lynch people all over Nigeria. This is who we are as Nigerians. Stop the cant and hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by ifyalways(f): 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2012
@OP, I guess already married couple should divorce their "Aluu indigenous" spouses too ?

We just love blowing things out of proportion.

Johnny, sup ?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:45pm On Oct 13, 2012
Ramcie: Am not marrying the village but the man. I also don't give "a damn" like GEJ grin about stereotypes.

The village is in the Man wherever he goes.
Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:47pm On Oct 13, 2012
achina boy: wonder what is aluu or where is aluu??

Aluu is a botanical name for wickedness

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by Johndoe100(m): 1:05am On Oct 14, 2012
ifyalways: @OP, I guess already married couple should divorce their "Aluu indigenous" spouses too ?

We just love blowing things out of proportion.

Johnny, sup ?

Everything is cool, and you?
Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 14, 2012

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by ireneidiva(f): 2:40pm On Oct 14, 2012
How can a thread like dis b on nairaland? Do u think dis aluu thing is a joke? Do u know there are good ppl from dat place? Pls they hav enuf to deal wit already. Dis thread is a very expensive joke
Re: Can You Marry From Aluu Community? by ifyalways(f): 9:13pm On Oct 14, 2012
Johndoe100:

Everything is cool, and you?
Good to know. Me and mine are doing good.

(1) (Reply)

Pure Wickedness / Ideal Christmas Presents/ Gifts For Children / PHOTOS: Banker Slices Husband’s joystick With Knife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.