Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Gunners: Team Of The Future - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Gunners: Team Of The Future (4259 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunners: Team Of The Future by Swish(m): 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2006
Hey, all you non-gunner faithfuls be honest in your posts, ok. Fabregas, Senderos, Ebuoe, Flamini, Adebayor, Please give an honest analysis.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Akolawole(m): 8:19pm On Apr 16, 2006
Ok, where are your former young gunners?

Where is Aladier, Pennant and others?
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Priscila(f): 7:51am On Apr 17, 2006
The young gunners will conquer whole of Europe before them!
We are sure about that as many are bound to suffer in their hands if they mature
With those brilliant Fire control orders from wenger sky is not the limit!

Back to Akola!
Why move my subject( chelsea host man u) to General discussion. I wrote to admin O no response
Am demoralised and am on strike till you bring it back to sports.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Vieira(m): 9:22am On Apr 18, 2006
Akolawole:

Ok, where are your former young gunners?

Where is Aladier, Pennant and others?

Aladiere is at Wolves

Pennant is at Newcastle

Bently is at Norwich(?)

Hoyte is on loan at Sunderland
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Akolawole(m): 11:38am On Apr 18, 2006
Vieira:

Pennant is at Newcastle
/quote]

No he's at Birmingham.

He did not turn all boys to men
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by lordimpaq(m): 11:41am On Apr 18, 2006
why the question of the former young gunners,

like viera said, he did not turn all boys to men

although pennant isn't doin bad,
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Akolawole(m): 11:53am On Apr 18, 2006
@Lordimpaq

To all gunners, Wenger is a faultless manager, which i dont agree with.

Imagine, anytime they lose a match, they will tell us they are building.

I dont know what they were building?

Wenger has done a lot at Arsenal as well as English soccer but he got so many faults
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Vieira(m): 11:55am On Apr 18, 2006
Thank Lordimpaq, I too did not know why he was asking about them.

Some will make the grade and some will not.

Not everyone is Arsenal level.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Akolawole(m): 12:03pm On Apr 18, 2006
@ Vieria

WHY DID YOU RUN AWAY SINCE?

IS IT ABOUT YOUR "YEYE" PREDICTION THAT compell you to sign in as guest?

I HOPE YOU'VE MODIFY THOSE PREDICTION NOW.

IF NOT, i will launch a thread called Vieria, the dreamer. grin
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Swish(m): 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2006
hey, 'Ako, give me the names of Blues"future stars", if you can?
My only regrets are Bentley and Pennant but Aldiere wasn't growing as quick as he should have.
I'm not a gunner. I'm a Balck and White for as long as it's possible. But "ako you got to give them props, the team is fantastic.
I agree with Wenger, the team is growing. Next season will be a run for anyone's money. Let's see if Mouriihno doesn't get confused and spend more 100s of millions buying players. He might run Chelsea into debt you know.
Youth is where the future is and Wenger has done it again. Attack, Midfield and defence.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Vieira(m): 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2006
LOL @ Kola

My predictions have been woeful I admit!

but i was not hiding due to that, I was just trying to avoid talking to some miscreants that want to drag me dwon to their level.

My next predictions:

Chelsea to lose all remaining games

Man U to win all remaining games

LOL!
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by lordimpaq(m): 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2006
@viera

that's preposterous

that can neva happen, except if God wants it to,
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Vieira(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2006
lordimpaq, many things can happen in the game called football!
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by nightrider: 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2006
vieira abeg what predictions did you make? grin kola will kill me with laughter
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Vieira(m): 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2006
nightrider, I beg no ask me, shame dey catch me to even repeat am!
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by nightrider: 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2006
my guy even prophets make wrong predictions
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by cabali(m): 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2006
kola makes so much sense!
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by cabali(m): 2:17pm On Apr 18, 2006
i must say something that a chelsea fan can watch a good match by arsenal and admitt it! arsenal fans NEVER say anything nice about chelsea so why should we say anything about young players?
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by cabali(m): 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2006
the thing is once henry leaves, all these new guys will not be able to do the game thing! and on the strength of this reasoning, we cant talk abt arsenal as team of the future except future to u means 50yrs!!
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by nightrider: 2:21pm On Apr 18, 2006
thats because chelsea plays defensive football, which is so unentertaining and and chelsea spends so much money on ready made players which is so uncreative. But we like your coach, its just that we hate his mouth.

when ian wright finished, anelka came, when madrid bought him, henry came. when henry leaves we will turn flamini to a striker and he will finish on top of van nistelrooy and drogba in scorers chart every season. Just wait and see
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Vieira(m): 2:30pm On Apr 18, 2006
grin grin grin Nice one Nightrider!

Don't forget all these other strikers o:

Hartson, Boa Moarte, Kanu, Wreh.

ASrsenal no dey wait for any one person.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by cabali(m): 2:42pm On Apr 18, 2006
rubbish! all these guys u call i dont see anyone of them who was the pivot of the team like henry is! dont be deceived, once henry leaves, u guys are dead meat!

if u think not play without him against villareal, and for the rest of the season!
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by nightrider: 3:03pm On Apr 18, 2006
when Vieira left, it looked like our midfield had died a terrible death. A la the emergence of the wonder kid Fabregas. you're understimating Arsenal's ability to churn out world class players. we don't need to buy ready made. we just re arrange positions and the players do the business.

did you know wenger turned vieira into a defensive midfielder. watch out for the emergence of Robin Van persie when henry leaves. You'll sit back in shock and wonder, they way the rest of the world wondered after we replaced the irreplaceable anelka with thierry henry
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Vieira(m): 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2006
cabali, that is my whole point. We don't need any one pivot for the whole team.

We can play as a great unit and not need anyone player to be the best in the world.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by cabali(m): 3:15pm On Apr 18, 2006
and that is exactly the point. u dont need the pivot but the game is centered on henry and he gets mad anytime his passes dont end up in results!

just try the rest of ur 4 games without henry and put the van persie of a man and all the rest and see what i mean!
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by nightrider: 3:48pm On Apr 18, 2006
every creative player gets upset when his passes don't end up with results. its the competitive spirit that others don't have and thats why they are the best. Because they have extra. Henry wasn't so skillful when he came to arsenal. He was avery normal footballer.

Kanu's skills rubbed of on him and he pushed himself extra hard, thats why he became the best.Van persie might not be ready this season,just as fabregas wasn't ready last season. But "cometh the hour ,cometh the man". Should henry leave Van persie will shockingly fill the gap that Henry has left. watch out.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by dagaro(m): 5:36pm On Apr 18, 2006
The Gunners

Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by lordimpaq(m): 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2006
@nightrider

i hope u r right, i have doubts in Van persie undecided
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by mochafella(m): 6:33pm On Apr 18, 2006
erm, I think we are all under the impression that all these "young" players wil remain at Arsenal. I somehow doubt that. I still remember what happened to the Ajax wonderkids of 94/95. The Juvy defeat was the end of them, great players but they all left to Italy and Spain. If this team has any success continentally, most of those kids will be gone in 2 years. They are definitely not an Arsenal team of the future. I know some people will complain but Arsenal is a place where players move on to bigger clubs from.

BTW, the majority of Nigerians used to be Ajax fans, where are they now?
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by sirwebs(m): 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2006
Let all of us be frank. Nobody has come 2 highbury a star in d last 9 yrs. They'v all become stars there. It won't stop now, Gunner 4 life.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by nightrider: 7:11pm On Apr 18, 2006
lord

check out van persie's goals, they are always class. remember he had a run of 8 goals in 8 matches until injury stopped him. all he needs is the confidence. Once the team needs him, he'll live up to expectation. Just like fabregas when vieira left and flamini and eboue due to arsenals' lack of fit right and left backs.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Akolawole(m): 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2006
@Everyone

I like Arsenal's youth policy but where is the youth policies of PSV and Ajax end them?

sirwebs:

Let all of us be frank. Nobody has come 2 highbury a star in d last 9 years. They'v all become stars there. It won't stop now, Gunner 4 life.

Dennis Bekgham, Kanu Nwakwo, Wiltord to mention a few

@NightRider

Viera predicted rubbish result for Chelsea maybe he thought he's predicting Arsenal. He is eating his vomit now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Juventus Are Considering A Move Of Manchester United Star To Replace Cristiano / Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? / UCL: Real Madrid Vs Dinamo Zagreb (6 - 2) On 22nd November 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.