Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,106 members, 7,849,451 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:50 PM

Online Degrees From EU Universities!! Study Abroad From Home :) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Online Degrees From EU Universities!! Study Abroad From Home :) (693 Views)

Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) / Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria / Do European Hospitals Recognize Medical Degrees from Nigerian Universities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Online Degrees From EU Universities!! Study Abroad From Home :) by MoSulu(m): 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2012
Hi everyone,
My name is Mo Alimi. For me at times information shared others has always been a great source of help or inspiration wink. That is why I now would like to share some interesting news which may be of use. I recently started working with an internet platform helping students all over the world to find and compare their ideal studies. It just so happens that of recent we have launched an online distance learning portal http://www.distancelearningportal.eu/ which contains an in depth and comprehensive listing of over 1000 online degrees on offer by Universities in the EU.
So why distance learning? What is it really all about? The idea of distance learning isn’t new; correspondence degree courses on offer by Open Universities have been around for a while now. As a matter of fact, Nelson Mandela benefited from such courses in order to obtain his law degree from the University of London. Today, advanced technological capabilities allow for traditional, open and online institutes all over the world to offer distance education via online degrees of all levels of degrees with different subjects on offer. Furthermore, in comparison to traditional forums of education, online degrees offer increased room for flexibility.
Up until recently, the norm for African students interested in foreign educational pursuits, was to travel overseas; mostly to the US and Europe. This has always been a privilege for mostly students from upper class backgrounds as the process involves a highly expensive undertaking. For example, on average the tuition fees in the US are extremely high with quote all-in tuition ranging between $20,000 to $40,000 annually. (This doesn’t even include visa and travel costs). Fortunately though, times have changed, as the option to enroll in an online degree via a respected university overseas gives the opportunity to save on costs dramatically as accommodation and transportation costs are no longer a factor. This also helps to widen the playing field as students that previously did not have access to the opportunity to study abroad, now have an opportunity to.
So if you really want to enroll in an online degree, a resource which could be really helpful for you. We also have posted some informative videos on Youtube which explain what this initiative is all about. http://www.youtube.com/user/StudyPortals/feed?filter=2
Furthermore, we also have a Scholarship portal http://www.scholarshipportal.eu/#basic which provides information on 1500 available scholarships worth over 15 billion euro in total both to students from within and outside the EU!! What I like about the websites is that they’re very comprehensive and easy to surf through. On the websites you can define your search results by selecting specific categories. Namely, the type of study discipline, degree type, course delivery mode, tuition level, language and location. But don´t just take my word for it, go ahead and browse through the website to see for yourselves. Feel free to spread the word out! Cheers!! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Ond/nce/advance Diploma In Elect/elect, Computer Sci, Physics / Nigeria Civil Defense Corps Application Forms On Sale For The 2012/13 Intake / Jobberman Makes Job Advertising Free On Its Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.