Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,730 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? (5212 Views)

CAR PLATE NUMBER, A PRETTY EX-WIFE NEED URGENT HELP.... / Check Out This Weird Plate Number / New Plate Number And Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by engrtee(f): 5:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
A friend asked us to say the number of our car plate without looking. More than half of us couldn't. I only remembered the last three alphabets - ABC

can you remember yours? (please don't write it for security reason)
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2012
engrtee: A friend askd us to say the number of our car plate without looking. More than half of us couldnt. I only remembered the last three alphabets - ABC

CAN U REMEMBER URS? (plz dont write it for security reason)

Of course I know my license plate number without looking. It's not about memorizing, it's something I just do subconsciously. I even remember the license plate numbers of my mom's first car in Nigeria, bought in 1976, a brand new Ford Cortina, my dad's car bought the same year, a Plymouth Avenger. I remember every subsequent license plate number of all cars they owned thereafter.

Heck, I even remember my friend's parent's car registration numbers from the same era. If one can't memorize their own licence plate numbers, how then can they remember anything else their driving instructor ever taught them? Or any of the rules of driving they picked up from friends?

If one can't remember their own license plate number, they shouldn't even be on the road.

#JusticeforAluu4

2 Likes

Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by aieromon(m): 6:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
Memorising numbers be it plate, phone, house, matric, registration, model etc is my specialty. Feel free to give me yours to memorise.

1 Like

Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by femmy2010(m): 6:51pm On Oct 12, 2012
It is a must for me
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by FindOut(m): 9:26pm On Oct 12, 2012
Siena:

Of course I know my license plate number without looking. It's not about memorizing, it's something I just do subconsciously. I even remember the license plate numbers of my mom's first car in Nigeria, bought in 1976, a brand new Ford Cortina, my dad's car bought the same year, a Plymouth Avenger. I remember every subsequent license plate number of all cars they owned thereafter.

Heck, I even remember my friend's parent's car registration numbers from the same era. If one can't memorize their own licence plate numbers, how then can they remember anything else their driving instructor ever taught them? Or any of the rules of driving they picked up from friends?

If one can't remember their own license plate number, they shouldn't even be on the road.

#JusticeforAluu4

@Siena, help needed here please.

www.nairaland.com/1067650/thermostat

@Topic, i just have to laff.lol. The number of cars whose plate numbers i have in my head are just too many. & for most of them, i usually don't intend to memorise them, they just stick! Even the new number plates of my neighbours' cars (those who changed theirs) have started sticking to my head! It has advantages though. & IMO, not knowing your car's license plate is like not knowing your car colour! Each is just as important as the other.

1 Like

Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by redcliff: 10:37pm On Oct 12, 2012
Siena:

#JusticeforAluu4

SIENA, U R THE MAN MEN<>>>> I BELEIVE YOU DIE
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by steffans(m): 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2012
I don't memorize it....I jst knw it......
All ma frnds and der parents cars....
I didn't knw I had dat gift till I had a GSM handset back in 2003...I knw more dan 20 ppls GSM no.s witout looking...

@ d topic a frnd of mine wanted to register his moms car in his office..incase he blocks someone..I told him his own and his moms no. Plate..
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by pingo(m): 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2012
To be truthful i dont know mine! but with the topic, i would have to have it in my brains!!!!
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by pendusky(m): 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2012
I try it once and It stil sticks to my brain... except Fashola wont implement his policy on plate no. Coz its not Lag no! grin
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by YuzedoII: 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2012
I even remember the number plate of my dad's 1st car (Volvo) LA 5516 KE..

Which changed to AW 659 AAA when the penultimate number registration was introduced..

I know the numbers of all my siblings cars and some of my friends/colleagues.. E come be my own car wey I no go sabi the number? undecided
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by gen2briz(m): 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2012
I guess this thread is for car owners
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by jude33084(m): 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2012
I remember ♍♈ car plate number just like I remembered ♍♈ matric number back in schoool cool
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by Andrew3(m): 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2012
hahaha Bleep FST
DPxxx FST

D6xxx Lisbon
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by chemberlin(m): 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2012
Even my dad as old as he maybe now he still remember the plate number of his first pickup van he bought in 1960's...

2 Likes

Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by jude33084(m): 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2012
::Andrew:::
hahaha Bleep FST
DPxxx FST

D6xxx Lisbon

Are you in Portugal? undecided
How is τhe place really smiley
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2012
Don't have to. My title is at home but I think I should.
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by markovnikoff001(m): 3:11pm On Oct 13, 2012
gen2briz: I guess this thread is for car owners
...If you don't own a car, you can memorise the license plate number of your favourite BRT cheesy...

3 Likes

Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by slimyem: 3:11pm On Oct 13, 2012
Why should anyone not know his/her car plate number offhand?
Its almost like not knowing your own phone number...
Doesn't make sense!!
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2012
I dont know any of my cars plate numbers, none of them. On one occasion I needed to send a mechanic to the slammers. When I arrived at the police station and was asked about the vehicle info, I could not even know my car plate number. It sucked, and I left and never went back.

On another occasion concerning a pal. My friend nearly got into a fight with one woman who kept insisting that his range rover his her own at the Shopping Mall. He said, madam this is my car, and the woman was shouting 'This is my Car!' and she was busy fumbling with the remote to open the doors and it wasnt working, so my friend unlocked the car with his remote. It was his journals and items in the truck that confused the woman, so we all looked around until she located her truck parked quite a distance from there. Was such a scene. None of them also knew their plate numbers.

1 Like

Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by obiksam(m): 3:21pm On Oct 13, 2012
My dear even the date i bought it is still in my memories. I can over count moni when im drunk bt cnt 4gt my plate no.
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2012
markovnikoff001:
...If you don't own a car, you can memorise the license plate number of your favourite BRT cheesy...

LOL.... cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 13, 2012
I recognize people while driving from afar via their plate numbers. You can hardly drive past me unless am just absent. Your number plate tells me its you.

So anything like ''TA 2011 PDP'' sticks like gum.
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by Pennywise(m): 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2012
slimyem: Why should anyone not know his/her car plate number offhand?
Doesn't make sense!!

My dear its not as easy as it seems esp with the plate nos that was introduced by the FRSC. It was deliberately meant to mesmerize and confuse car owners.

The days of LA---- LA and BD----BD. are over. Besides these days Nigerians change cars the way women change wrappers. A stubborn policeman deliberately witheld my particulars and demanded for my car plate no- that was when I used to argue with Nigerian policemen....
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by Kslib(m): 3:40pm On Oct 13, 2012
Haba!!! How can i ever forget the plate number of my first car.. I can still remember the serial number of the tiger battery that came with it.. That was my first toy car... I think it was made by panasonic or toshiba or so...

1 Like

Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by yomatty(m): 3:50pm On Oct 13, 2012
FST 135 AU
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by aieromon(m): 3:51pm On Oct 13, 2012
slimyem: Why should anyone not know his/her car plate number offhand?
Doesn't make sense!!

I got a couple of friends that don't know their phone numbers. Facht!!!
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by Prestonvic(m): 3:56pm On Oct 13, 2012
presently, am privilaged to own four vehicles & i know their numbers.
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by ogb5(m): 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2012
i dont know mine

I still remember the number of the 1st and 2nd cars, but after that no more. How will i remember numbers after changing too many cars. I beg leave me alone, I don't want to bother
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by Mustay(m): 3:59pm On Oct 13, 2012
I've known every of our family member's since I was a kid. Even now, there's no one I don't store. iGuess it helps it's already part of me and helps in 'sorting' our vehicles. The ones I usually like are other states, it makes me guess what Kakawa State - 'LKI' for example means.
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by Mustay(m): 4:00pm On Oct 13, 2012
yomatty: FST 135 AU

This new number plates no flow o! Don't even like these ones - confusion!!!
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by Nuezha(m): 4:53pm On Oct 13, 2012
OYA 1515 A my father's first peugeot 504 in early '80s.
Mine...not sure. Imagine.
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by okeyalbert: 4:59pm On Oct 13, 2012
Siena:

#JusticeforAluu4

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Buy A Peugeot 607 Car: Good Or Bad Decision? / Assistance With Peugeot 307, 406 & 206 Issues In Port Harcourt & Environs / ***hello House! Which Is Better? A Petrol Or A Diesel Engine Car/suv***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.