Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,162 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

How Do I Write Java Script Codes Myself?? HELP - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Write Java Script Codes Myself?? HELP (865 Views)

Java Script King Is Here / Complete Tutorials On Designing A Wapka.m0bi Site.(codes/scripts Etc) / Java Script Needed For Wapsite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Write Java Script Codes Myself?? HELP by solutions247(m): 12:59am On Oct 13, 2012
Please i do know abt javascripts & a litle bit of its fuction.MY question is how do i get to know the right java scripts to use on a website and how can i learn d secrets of coding javascript..PLease help out asap
Re: How Do I Write Java Script Codes Myself?? HELP by sisqology(m): 6:58am On Oct 13, 2012
If i get your question correctly, you know how to write JS codes, but you don't knw when to use it? If yes, when to use it depends on the kind of job you are working on. Maybe you don't know--- Javascript is a client-side programming language. It is used to "command" a client's browser(firefox and co) to do whatever you tell it to do, from the website its currently surfing. However, it should not really be depended on as some users could have their javascript disabled because of unwanted pop ups or some old browsers. Learn to use it wisely. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do I Write Java Script Codes Myself?? HELP by yawatide(f): 12:07pm On Oct 13, 2012
IMHO, this question is like asking, "I know why I have to wipe my nyash when using the toilet but how do I know when to wipe my nyash?", or, "how do I know when - it doesn't make sense.

If you want to validate a form, you use/write a script that validates forms...Period! As for learning it, there are no secrets though there are good ways and bad ways of writing any code in general. Google for javascript tutorials, maybe starting with the w3schools version and go from there. Also consider looking at the code that others have written on sites that you like visiting. Finally, if you look at code that you have copied from elsewhere, change a few things about it to see how it will react afterwards. That's how you learn.

Good luck!
Re: How Do I Write Java Script Codes Myself?? HELP by solutions247(m): 1:25pm On Oct 13, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
IMHO, this question is like asking, "I know why I have to wipe my nyash when using the toilet but how do I know when to wipe my nyash?", or, "how do I know when - it doesn't make sense.

If you want to validate a form, you use/write a script that validates forms...Period! As for learning it, there are no secrets though there are good ways and bad ways of writing any code in general. Google for javascript tutorials, maybe starting with the w3schools version and go from there. Also consider looking at the code that others have written on sites that you like visiting. Finally, if you look at code that you have copied from elsewhere, change a few things about it to see how it will react afterwards. That's how you learn.

Good luck!

hahahaha i kw its a funy question..i kw i kan use javascript to validate a form..I WIL just do as u said...
BUt for instance i want a js code dat cud generate diferent codes lyk leters n numbaz to use for a specific user when ever dey signup my site. That code generated would act as their link to refer other members down 2 d site...i wil do a research abt using it properly..kant i write dis code generator myself,mayb by seeing any oda sample relating to wat i want...
Re: How Do I Write Java Script Codes Myself?? HELP by sisqology(m): 4:21pm On Oct 13, 2012
Php
Re: How Do I Write Java Script Codes Myself?? HELP by solutions247(m): 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2012
sisqology: Php
are u saying i kan do it wit php
Re: How Do I Write Java Script Codes Myself?? HELP by yawatide(f): 8:34pm On Oct 13, 2012
So now you have narrowed your question, it makes more sense.

What you need to do is use PHP, or any other back end language to do that. Javascript (even in obfuscated form) is readable as it is client-side and I am sure you don't want to expose your proprietary business logic to the public and to bad apples in the coding world.

Good luck!
Re: How Do I Write Java Script Codes Myself?? HELP by solutions247(m): 10:28am On Oct 14, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
you don't want to expose your proprietary business logic to the public and to bad apples in the coding world.

Good luck!
please what do u mean by dis xpecially the word bad apples
Re: How Do I Write Java Script Codes Myself?? HELP by yawatide(f): 12:09pm On Oct 14, 2012
^^^ you don't want hackers and your competitors to see what your code is doing. Why? The former will use your code to harm your site and the latter will improve upon what you have and use that to steal business from you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Own A Website Christmas Promo / Please I Need Sport Betting Software / I Need To Change My Nairaland Password Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.