Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport (12433 Views)

Senegalese Woman With Cocaine Hidden In Her Private Part Arrested At Seme Border / NDLEA Recovers N59m Cocaine Hidden In Whisky Bottles (pictured) / 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by supereagle(m): 6:10am On Oct 13, 2012
Oluigboka Chukwuemeka Emmanuel thought he had cleverly concealed about 2.4 kilogrammes of cocaine in pendants and female belts.

But his luck ran out when he was intercepted by Nigeria’s National Drug Law Enforcement officials.
The 33-year old suspect had just disembarked from a flight from Brazil when he was arrested at the Murtala Muhammed international airport in Lagos, southwest Nigeria.

“During search, powdery substances that tested positive for cocaine were found in his bag. It took several hours to extract the cocaine from the pendants because of the complex method of concealment,” said Mitchell Ofoyeju, NDLEA Head of Public Affairs.

The agency’s airport commander, Mr. Hamza Umar, disclosed that the drug was factory packed inside assorted pendants. He described the mode of concealment as unusual.

“This mode of concealment is strange and it is the first time of discovering drugs inside jewellery,” he said.

Umar explained that the drugs were industrially packed in ear rings, buttons, necklaces, bangles as well as in female belts.

“We had to forcefully open them to recover the drugs. The entire quantity of cocaine found in the jewellery products weighed
2.472kg. One arrest has been made in connection with the seizure,” Umar said.

NDLEA said preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect, who had lived in Brazil for over five years, is believed to be working for a suspected Brazilian-based drug syndicate.

The suspect was quoted as saying, “I needed money for the burial anniversary of my late father. As the breadwinner, everybody is looking up to me for the sponsorship of the anniversary. I have lived in Brazil for over five years but I have no money to undertake this important family responsibility. My interest was the 2,000 euros they promised to pay me”.

Oluigboka is married and has a child. He hails from Imo State. The arrest took place last week.

Chairman and Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade, was quoted as saying: “Although drug barons are becoming more desperate, the agency is determined to frustrate their efforts. This seizure is yet an indication that drug traffickers can go to any length in hiding their drugs from law enforcement agents”

The NDLEA boss also called for more public support in the anti-narcotic campaign.

“The suspect will soon be charged to court,” NDLEA said.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/10/12/cocaine-hidden-in-pendants-found-at-lagos-airport/

Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by rusep: 7:31am On Oct 13, 2012
Inventive and hardworking people
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by Afam4eva(m): 10:30am On Oct 13, 2012
Can't these people put their intelligenc into good use.

2 Likes

Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 13, 2012
NDIGBO KWENUUU YAAAAAAA grin grin grin JUST KIDDING
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by Damojo: 10:30am On Oct 13, 2012
He brought the drug to Naija 4m Brazil
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by free2ryhme: 10:32am On Oct 13, 2012
igbo man devising new methods of criminality. na wah ooo undecided

1 Like

Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by DAY12(m): 10:33am On Oct 13, 2012
I'm sure the guy didn't negotiate well.

2 or 3 yrs is certain for him.
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by valdubem(m): 10:33am On Oct 13, 2012
this dude is an aluuminati

4 Likes

Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 13, 2012
HMMMMMM shocked shocked shocked
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by alaoeri: 10:35am On Oct 13, 2012
All hail the biafran grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by xandy84: 10:35am On Oct 13, 2012
Abeg give me pendants make I go market am joor.. Bros, time to go spend a nice time in jail.. Guess prison is even safer than every corner in naija... Have a nice time behind bar
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by chucky234(m): 10:36am On Oct 13, 2012
Hmmm too much creativity in crime
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by dridowu: 10:36am On Oct 13, 2012
Cocaine on my mind ? So speechless
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by Kslib(m): 10:42am On Oct 13, 2012
This question might sound somehow,but Why is cocaine illegal in the first place.? Can be used to make some kind of dangerous weapon or what?
Many soft drinks have some traces of cocaine in them.
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 13, 2012
Kslib: This question might sound somehow,but Why is cocaine illegal in the first place.? Can be used to make some kind of dangerous weapon or what?
GOOD QUESTION. IF IT WASNT ILLEGAL THEN ALL THIS WAHALA WILL VANISH AND IT WOULD BE CHEAPER. I THINK IT IS ILLEGAL BECAUSE THIS IS A HUGE SOURCE OF CURRENCY FOR AMERICA. THEY CONTROL ALL THE DRUGS IN AFGHAN AND SOUTH AMERICA. THEY MAKE THE MAJOR MONEY FROM IT AND THE AMERICAN GOVT HATES COMPETITION SO IT CRIMINALIZES ANYONE ELSE WHO TRIES TO DABBLE IN IT. ON THE PATH OF NAIJA ? WE ARE JUST DOING FOLLOW FOLLOW BEHIND AMERICAN POLICY

2 Likes

Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by 5alive(m): 10:47am On Oct 13, 2012
If ndigbo were to be a country, it wud be d most corrupt country in d whole world

9 Likes

Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by oyedun82(m): 10:48am On Oct 13, 2012
ARE THEY CHARMING THIS PEOPLE COZ THIS WONT STOP ANOTHER SET OF PEOPLE 4RM SMUGGLING THIS PRODUCT.

Bt wait i hail the biafran dem dey try grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by Osiris211: 10:49am On Oct 13, 2012
The ingenuity and innovations of ibo people. Ibo kwenu!!!
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by uzoexcel(m): 10:50am On Oct 13, 2012
free2ryhme: igbo man devising new methods of criminality. na wah ooo undecided
i m sure his yoruba/brazilian boss wouldav taken flight by now grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by ceejay80s(m): 10:50am On Oct 13, 2012
Kslib: This question might sound somehow,but Why is cocaine illegal in the first place.? Can be used to make some kind of dangerous weapon or what?
i wonder!!
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by Maxymilliano(m): 10:53am On Oct 13, 2012
^^ See him big head like my own.

1 Like

Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by 190theclown: 10:54am On Oct 13, 2012
Nigerians should know that anyone enroute brazil mst be searched

There's a look out for that country these days
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by Osiris211: 10:54am On Oct 13, 2012
After this they will come and start bragging about being the most industrious people in Nigeria. I laugh in burial.

3 Likes

Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by kennz(f): 10:55am On Oct 13, 2012
Dis wrld is getin worst evry day. Lets use our talent nd gift on productive tins instd of ilegal runs dat brngs reproach on our names.
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by TonySpike: 10:57am On Oct 13, 2012
Many posts will soon be hidden...
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by informatix: 11:00am On Oct 13, 2012
[size=18pt]I GUESSED THIS IS THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION ASKED YESTERDAY ON NL. WHAT MAKES SOMEONE AN IGBO MAN?.MY BROTHERS I HALE YOU.[/size]
https://www.nairaland.com/1071844/igbo-what-makes-someone-igbo

2 Likes

Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 13, 2012
Who cares? undecided
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by Rooneyboy(m): 11:02am On Oct 13, 2012
boiz are desperate o, chai.
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 13, 2012
These drugs importers dont know that there are other products to bring into the country that generates more than 1000 times the revenue from illegal drugs. Creative shit!
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:05am On Oct 13, 2012
Nigerians can never stop to be creative.
OMG cheesy
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by kundul: 11:08am On Oct 13, 2012
Dis our NDLEA guys r jst 2 much honestly. Dey r 1 of d few agency I respect a lot in our country. Pls wen will dey advertise again now.
Re: Cocaine Hidden In Pendants Found At Lagos Airport by costlymayor: 11:10am On Oct 13, 2012
hmm, i dont think we helping this guy by making him serve term in the nigerian prison, if you really want to help him, i think he'll be in the best mode for a better change rite now, just talk to him and get him closer to God, we've had enough scapegoat and dnt need another. why are we acting like saints, we all know corruption is everywhere. i will not be surprised to hear that the receiver of this cocaine is an NDLEA worker. oooooo, how i wish i can just have a word or two with this guy to make him a better person...........

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Rescue Little Fareedah! Urgent Appeal To The Lagos State Government. / OPC Leader Arrested For Attempted Murder / Protesters clash with police over death of Nigerian man killed by Greek police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.