Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,702 members, 7,955,650 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:56 AM

My Cooking Is Inconsistent. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Cooking Is Inconsistent. (6545 Views)

Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? / I Want To Improve My Cooking / My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2012
I find it difficult duplicating excellence in cooking. How do I rectify this anomaly? What must I do? Help me!

1 Like

Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by freecocoa(f): 6:31pm On Oct 13, 2012
Keep practicing and with time you'll be better if not perfect but if you feel you should then enroll in a catering school.
Though I know it takes a lot of practice and patience to become a good cook, its not hard, just give it time.
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2012
since you wanna know how to cook perfectly, join a catering school wink
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Ishilove: 7:37pm On Oct 13, 2012
fluid26: I find it difficult duplicating excellence in cooking. How do I rectify this anomaly? What must I do? Help me!
Remind me not to eat food cooked by you when I come over for the libena. I don't want 'otolo' to keep me locked up in the toilet for the whole 12hrs cheesy cheesy
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 13, 2012
@freecocoa & bennyraz

Is this a conspiracy? As in seriously? A catering school?
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2012
Ishilove:
Remind me not to eat food cooked by you when I come over for the libena. I don't want 'otolo' to keep me locked up in the toilet for the whole 12hrs cheesy cheesy

u dis giel, u no dey hear word! angry
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by pearlhapi(f): 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2012
Why do you want to learn cooking skills?guess you are a guy
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2012
hmmm...that's a good question. Should I forgo the ambition?
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by pearlhapi(f): 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2012
fluid26: hmmm...that's a good question. Should I forgo the ambition?
wondering why a guy would see not been a good cook as a problem,just wanna know your reason tho before advicing weda or not you forego it
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 13, 2012
I guess I wanna be more relevant and also enjoy better home-made meals. Are those reasons good enough?

1 Like

Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by pearlhapi(f): 11:09pm On Oct 13, 2012
fluid26: I guess I wanna be more relevant and also enjoy better home-made meals. Are those reasons good enough?
am sure your wife or wife to be would give you such meals without you trying to go an xtramile!and as for been relevant,try been relevant in matters of men am sure they are areas that needs your attention as a guy order than cooking

1 Like

Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 13, 2012
pearl~hapi:
am sure your wife or wife to be would give you such meals without you trying to go an xtramile!and as for been relevant,try been relevant in matters of men am sure they are areas that needs your attention as a guy order than cooking

Na wa o! I no understand dis ya parable o! I neva marry...until then, don't I deserve to eat really good food? Must I *manage, when I know I have the capacity to go further?

2 Likes

Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Ishilove: 3:15am On Oct 14, 2012
fluid26: I guess I wanna be more relevant and also enjoy better home-made meals. Are those reasons good enough?
Tired of soggy indomie? grin
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by pearlhapi(f): 5:26am On Oct 14, 2012
fluid26:

Na wa o! I no understand dis ya parable o! I neva marry...until then, don't I deserve to eat really good food? Must I *manage, when I know I have the capacity to go further?
ooooh I get it,no whala then
Maybe you should register in a catering school
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by cindyrella(f): 9:06am On Oct 14, 2012
Fluid, come make I teach you! cheesy
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 14, 2012
Ishilove:
Tired of soggy indomie? grin

Chei! I don suffer for NL. grin
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 14, 2012
cindyrella: Fluid, come make I teach you! cheesy

for real?
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 14, 2012
pearl~hapi:
ooooh I get it,no whala then
Maybe you should register in a catering school

angry
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Shugamania(f): 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2012
Lol.. Go buy cookery book.
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 14, 2012
Et tu, shugamania? angry
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by cindyrella(f): 8:53pm On Oct 14, 2012
fluid26:

for real?
Yeah, I am a good cook! wink
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2012
Cindy, don't play with me o! I'm dead serious! I need to upgrade my culinary skills asap. angry
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Shugamania(f): 9:28pm On Oct 14, 2012
fluid26: Et tu, shugamania? angry

Lol.. Am being serious oo..
All u need do is follow instructions.
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by cindyrella(f): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2012
fluid26: Cindy, don't play with me o! I'm dead serious! I need to upgrade my culinary skills asap. angry
Well I am serious too!
Holla when you are ready wink
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by chikk(f): 5:23am On Dec 29, 2012
A catering school? For real? @OP, be careful and try to concentrate when u cook(u need it well as u're not an expert). Try to take note of the ingredients when u prepare a particular dish. That way, u'll know what u need to prepare that dish in future. ALWAYS take note of your measurements and steps. Know d quantity of EVRYTHING u put in your food so that u'll know how to make adjustments (if need be) next time. And if the food is perfect to u, then u stick to that recipe. I hope this helps. Good luck
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
Thx Chikk, though I do all that and more. I guess 'settling down' would put an end to the recurring decimal.
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Caracta(f): 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
shocked
Jeez! Fluid, where have you been?
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by chikk(f): 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
fluid26: Thx Chikk, though I do all that and more. I guess 'settling down' would put an end to the recurring decimal.

Then settle down if u think its d solution. But bear in mind that ur services might come in handy at a point in ur family, and you all will suffer it if ur culinary skills are below average(at least for a man who's not a caterer). Good luck anyway
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 31, 2012
Caracta: shocked
Jeez! Fluid, where have you been?

I dey o! What's the 411? cheesy
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 31, 2012
Chikk, I have heard you. Da'alu.
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 31, 2012
I have the same problem sef. One day my fried eggs taste amazing, and the next day it is awful - even though I believe I used the same ingredients and all. I wonder how some women manage to replicate "excellence" in cooking. I hope there's not more to it than meets the eye.
Re: My Cooking Is Inconsistent. by JeSoul(f): 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
pro01: I have the same problem sef. One day my fried eggs taste amazing, and the next day it is awful - even though I believe I used the same ingredients and all. I wonder how some women manage to replicate "excellence" in cooking. I hope there's not more to it than meets the eye.
fluid26: I find it difficult duplicating excellence in cooking. How do I rectify this anomaly? What must I do? Help me!
...maybe until you can cook perfectly by experience you should follow a recipe - this recipe can be your own.

-List all your ingredients
-Detail what you added, amounts and in what order
-Note the cooking times

if it turns out well, this is your recipe, repeat until you can do it by heart. If it doesn't turn out well, then do it again until you get a good recipe you can re-use.

Also cooking has a lot to do with 'feel' 'touch' and 'understanding'. Try to think about the ingredients you're adding and what each spice brings to the dish. Will adding curry enhance the flavor? or take away from the natural fish taste? will adding more onions overpower the rest of the dish? etc etc This will help you to be more instinctive when you cook without strictly following a recipe. And practice practice practice, there is no special trick other than that.

Goodluck smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Restaurants Review / Nigerian Man Shows Off His Lunch, Noodles With 9 Eggs. See Reactions (photo) / Urgent Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.