Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Restaurants Review - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Restaurants Review (6361 Views)

8 Best Chinese Restaurants In Abuja / Ibadan Restaurants / Nigerian Restaurants In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restaurants Review by amebo22: 5:20pm On Apr 28, 2009
There are lots of restaurants nowadays, and some you get dissapointed and some you get really lucky and enjoy yourself, atmosphere and meal.
What prompted this post was the Review TGI fridays got on the post Steak lovers and now am curious.
Thus I would like the post to be about the restaurants you have been to[b] Anywhere in the world[/b] so that others might want to visit and why it would also help to have the following info:
Price range
Type- classy or casual or semi formal

Thank you.
Re: Restaurants Review by AmakaOne(f): 6:14pm On Apr 28, 2009
Different restaurants where I've enjoyed the food and ambiance

African Kitchen Gallery Restaurant
Drummond Street
London

They make an incredible Tilapia dish

Florences African - American Cuisine
West Harlem
Good clean home cooking

Gaucho Grill in London. Great Steaks
Re: Restaurants Review by amebo22: 6:36pm On Apr 28, 2009
Gurl you know easy ooooo
For me----Am still exploring

Finger licking -Nigerian restaurant

Fugo de chao --for meat lovers this restaurant is all about meat of all types you name it and style you want it untill you say stop no more by showing the red card and the greed card say you are ready for more.

Mexican food
Cafe poca cosa-classy
Cafe boca-good atmospher

Red lobster---love thier shrimp
Texas road house---the bread is warm and fresh, need i say good steak

Asian foods
Behihana-
Sakura---love the atmosphere and dramatic display of the chef would make you forget you are hungry but you would end up smelling as if you did the cooking afterwards, lol
italian
Olive garden---too cheesy for me
Re: Restaurants Review by mohawkchic(f): 2:59am On Apr 29, 2009
T.G.I Fridays UK

~Aspect to Rate Resturants~

~Poor
~Below Average
~Average
~Above Average
~Excellent

Quality of Food Served : Excellent
Level of Service Provided : Above Average
Atmosphere of Restaurant : Above Average
Value for the Money : Excellent
Length of Time to be Seated : Average
Noise Level of Restaurant : Average

~TGIF can be found at 45 Locations in the UK!The experience can ofcourse vary from Resturant to Resturant on Different Locations! It's ideal to book ahead If you know you'll be in time! If you're not time-conscious,a walk-in would be more approriate! If you go in later than you time already booked,you'll most likey have lost the table to a walk-in costumer!

~Walk-In Costumers Could have a Period of waiting time,If its Extremly busy. . there's a Bar area where you can wait till a table is available for couples/Group of Friends w/o kids! A Lounge area is also available for families w/ kids!

~TGIF is family Oriented: An Activity pack of Crayons,A Book to Colour,Stickers comes w/ all Kiddy meals. . Soo that should keep the kids preoccupied if you're waiting for a table or waiting for Food to be served! The kid menu has a lot of varied Options,not your usual Burger & Chips !

~Excellent Food : ~Varied~Food is usually served Quickly

~Wide selections of Cocktails ~Outstanding!

~Good Costumer Service ~Warm ~Friendly

~Some might say It's Sligthly More expensive than your average resturant but it depends what you Order!

~I'll recommend

For Appetizers

~The Sesame Jack Chicken Strips
~Jack Daniel Wings
~Buffalo Wings

For Mains

~Rib Eye Steak
~Jack Daniels Ribs
~Wicked Chicken

~All 3 Salads: ~BBQ Chicken ~Chicken Ceaser ~Jack Daniel Salmon

~Side Orders : ~New Orleans Half Corn Cobs ~ Garlic Ciabatta Bread

http://www.tgifridays.co.uk/

http://www.tgifridays.com/menus/Menus.aspx

Re: Restaurants Review by amebo22: 4:53pm On Apr 29, 2009
@mohawkchic.
for that chicken to be wicked its a must try, those pics if i could convert to food, lol tks gurl i see me in front of a plate soonest.
Re: Restaurants Review by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:55pm On Apr 29, 2009
Lol it's fuunny how the Brits love TGIF way more than we do.
Re: Restaurants Review by amebo22: 5:01pm On Apr 29, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

You did not tell us ur fav restaurants or one you could recommend
Now you understand Y i have to visit TGIF, I really have to see it for myself, it got so much hype already.
Re: Restaurants Review by MrCrackles(m): 5:04pm On Apr 29, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Why is it funny?

Silly sausage! tongue
Re: Restaurants Review by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2009
There's a lovely Thai Resturant in Boston. Never care for Thai food til I went to Boston for business. Coworker recommended it. Nice. "Lotus"

Price range - decent
Environment- semi casual
location- Warpole, MA
Review - great service, lovely food. nice dessert. clean, classy setting.

MrCrackles:

Why is it funny?

Silly sausage! tongue

cos you make it seem like a fancy restaurant. whereas here it's just for cheap people to take a load off after work.  tongue

Nice cheesecake though grin

Cant stand their obnoxious screaming/singing when it's someone's birthday. It's like give them their freaky free cake and go away.

do you have Applebees too?
Re: Restaurants Review by amebo22: 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2009
@thief of heart,
would that be Lotus Garden, If that is the case i been there once the service was superb but the quality of the food was average, and the wait time, questionable, thank
Re: Restaurants Review by MrCrackles(m): 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Coz you make it seem like a fancy restaurant. whereas here it's just for cheap people to take a load off after work.  tongue

Cant stand their obnoxious screaming/singing when it's someone's birthday. It's like give them their freaky free cake and go away.

A lotta peeps only throng TGI's around here coz of the meaty menus and also the quantity! grin cheesy

It feels American and when peeps wanna try something NON-BRIT, then TGI's

Cheesecakes are definitely awesome!! tongue

I went to a place in Brooklyn late last year, and they are meant to do one of the best cheesakes in the world

I will remember the name and put it on here, TGI friday kinna eating zone too, £120 dollars for five blokes, and we had doggy bags to take away! tongue

We aint got Applebees though cheesy
Re: Restaurants Review by MrCrackles(m): 5:19pm On Apr 29, 2009
If you ever make find yourself in Manchester, then look out for Akbar's ~ Deansgate, Manchester Town Centre, UK

They do nice Indian, Tandoori and Bengali stuff!

Your Jalfrezi's, Mixed Grill's, Samosa's, Kofta's, Korma's and all
tongue
Re: Restaurants Review by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:22pm On Apr 29, 2009
Im surprised they give you American portions. I figure once an American franchise reaches Europe, you people decrease the quantity size like they did with McDonalds and such
Re: Restaurants Review by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2009
MrCrackles:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]If you ever make find yourself in Manchester, then look out for Akbar's ~ Deansgate, Manchester Town Centre, UK

They do nice Indian, Tandoori and Bengali stuff!

chicken marsalaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Restaurants Review by MrCrackles(m): 5:26pm On Apr 29, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Im surprised they give you American portions. I figure once an American franchise reaches Europe, you people decrease the quantity size like they did with McDonalds and such

UK get starved of large portions trust me in quality restaurants mostly though! grin

Took a family friend who was visiting from Nigeria to Gaucho Grill on my birthday two years ago, he was moaning and moaning!

He obviously wasnt in tune with the excellent cooking, food quality, the serene atmosphere and the service

Nice steaks, pricey but not one of them places you wanna go to if you have a stomach the size of a GEEPEE tank! cheesy grin

Posh eatery!Poor boy!!

I had to buy him a few McDee's on our way back!!! grin cheesy
Re: Restaurants Review by amebo22: 5:30pm On Apr 29, 2009
@ thief of harts
i tot chicken marsala was a mexican dish?
@Mr Crackles I tried an indian restaurant once and one thing is for sure that i dont go there again or change whateva it was i ordered.
Re: Restaurants Review by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:30pm On Apr 29, 2009
lol were your McDonald portions enough for the dude sef.

Poor thing. Alajenu
Re: Restaurants Review by JeSoul(f): 5:31pm On Apr 29, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

cos you make it seem like a fancy restaurant. whereas here it's just for cheap people to take a load off after work.  tongue

Lol  cheesy word. I thot I was the only one wondering what the big deal was. My 1 experience at a TGIF was very forgettable.

ThiefOfHearts:

There's a lovely Thai Resturant in Boston. Never care for Thai food til I went to Boston for business. Coworker recommended it. Nice. "Lotus"

Price range - decent
Environment- semi casual
location- Warpole, MA
Review - great service, lovely food. nice dessert. clean, classy setting.

Hmm . . . I don't care much for thai either but if you say its nice I might be checking it out.
Re: Restaurants Review by MrCrackles(m): 5:34pm On Apr 29, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

lol were your McDonald portions enough for the dude sef.

Poor thing. Alajenu

grin cheesy grin
Re: Restaurants Review by amebo22: 5:35pm On Apr 29, 2009
@Jesoul
Now we both have a restaurant to try out. please when you do, dont forget to keep us updated. I may learn a thing or two Thanks

that was really funny @ thief of hearts grin grin
Re: Restaurants Review by tboy1(m): 5:35pm On Apr 29, 2009
Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Earls Court)
All Types of burgers and great side lines - price is a lil bit expensive but the food is really good
The Papaya Tree (Kensington High Street)
Best thai restaurant ive been - lovely food and its also very clean
Nikki's Place(Canning town)
Best naija restaurant for pounded yam and efo riro  - They also do delivery  smiley
805(Old Kent Rd London) The so called posh naija restaurant in london - price is kinda expensive
Like the Grilled Fish with plantain and hot sauce.
Re: Restaurants Review by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:37pm On Apr 29, 2009
amebo22:

@ thief of harts
i tot chicken marsala was a mexican dish? tried and indian restaurant once  and one thing is for sure that i dont go there again or change whateva it was i ordered.

dont believe so. I dont do Mexican food. They add too much dressing like crap. They love cheeses too much. Cant take it.

Marsala is in most Indian places I know o. unless you go to the vegetarian ones
Re: Restaurants Review by amebo22: 5:41pm On Apr 29, 2009
at Tboi,
Men, You wan kill person with that grilled fish, plantain , Kai know i am hungry and would want to eat it.esp if made the nigerian way, I just have to find my way to Posh abi??hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, lol.
Thanks
Re: Restaurants Review by JeSoul(f): 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2009
amebo22:

@Jesoul
Now we both have a restaurant to try out. please when you do, dont forget to keep us updated. I may learn a thing or two Thanks
  No doubt. I will put up reviews of spots I've checked out.

ThiefOfHearts:

dont believe so. I dont do Mexican food. They add too much dressing like crap. They love cheeses too much. Cant take it.

In general I agree. But my perception was altered slightly when I visited this Mexican place here in mass called "Acapulco's" it was really good and "light". I hate and don't eat cheese but most of their dishes were very do-able for someone like moi.
Re: Restaurants Review by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:45pm On Apr 29, 2009
what did you order?
Re: Restaurants Review by amebo22: 5:47pm On Apr 29, 2009
@jesoul
one thing i can tell is that you ve not been to the right place i also had the same notion untill i realized that to get good quality mexican food you ve to pay the price. So its worth it to pay more for good food thus i dont go there often,
Re: Restaurants Review by tpiah: 5:58pm On Apr 29, 2009
Chipotle Mexican Grill isnt bad. Pocket friendly too. wink

http://www.chipotle.com/#/flash/food_menu
Re: Restaurants Review by JeSoul(f): 6:32pm On Apr 29, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

what did you order?

It was a rice, beans and steak dish. My dude had a fish and shrimp meal with rice and beans as well, i tasted it and it was good too. I was especially suprised at how tasty the dipping sauce for the tacos was . . . not thick and gooey, just right. We've gone back twice now

amebo22:

@jesoul
one thing i can tell is that you ve not been to the right place i also had the same notion untill i realized that to get good quality mexican food you ve to pay the price. So its worth it to pay more for good food thus i dont go there often,
I think you're right on that one. Acapulco's was very affordable though, the usual $15.99 - $22.99 per entree.

tpiah:

along with Moe's southwest grill are the poster children for nasty mexican food lipsrsealed sawwry
Re: Restaurants Review by tpiah: 8:58pm On Apr 29, 2009
JeSoul:

I think you're right on that one. Acapulco's was very affordable though, the usual $15.99 - $22.99 per entree.

along with Moe's southwest grill are the poster children for nasty mexican food lipsrsealed sawwry

really? I liked the food when I went there sha. Maybe the standard dropped.

Acapulco's is good.
Re: Restaurants Review by blackspade(m): 10:59pm On Apr 29, 2009
****My Los Angeles Restaurant Reviews****

($) Veronica's Kitchen (Inglewood) - This Nigerian restaurant/market is very good. When going there, you have to keep an eye out because it's kind of tucked away. I recommend trying their maafe.

($) Diana's Mexican Food (Carson) - This place is the BOMB! It's kind of out of the way close to Long Beach, but it's worth the commute! Everything they serve is DELICIOUS. I recommend their chicken wet burrito.

($$ - $$$) Nyala (Little Ethiopia) - Best Ethiopian food in LA hands down. If you enjoy that Ethiopian experience, this is the place to go. If you find yourself there, I recommend the Doro Tibs. So good!

($$) M&M's Soul Food (Everywhere) - They have locations all over LA, and have the best Soul Food in the city. I like their greens, macaroni & cheese, and also their chicken & dumplings.

($ - $$) Buono's Pizza (San Pedro) - The pizza here is superb. They have the perfect balance of bread, sauce, and cheese. Their other dishes are good too. I recommend everything at this place.

($$ - $$$) Ngoma Restaurant (Mid City) - This place serves food from all over Africa. From West to East, North to South, they have it all. I like thier Chicken Sambusa alot.

$ = $1-8 per entree, $$ = $9-15 per entree, $$$ = $16+ per entree

So much more, so little time. . . .
Re: Restaurants Review by blackspade(m): 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2009
tpiah:

http://www.chipotle.com/#/flash/food_menu
LMAO @ Chipotle!! Do you live on the East Coast? I always say people who live on the East Coast don't know REAL Mexican food. grin
Re: Restaurants Review by amebo22: 11:09pm On Apr 29, 2009
blackspade:

LMAO @ Chipotle!! Do you live on the East Coast? I always say people who live on the East Coast don't know REAL Mexican food. grin

That could be true but i think the reason is cos they confuse spanish food with mexican food and find it difficult to draw the line. Thanks for the LA review.
i know it would be helpful for me in the future and i hope others.Even the other reviews are awesome so no matter what state you are in NL has recommended the where and where not to go to save time and money, plentty tanks to everyone smiley smiley smiley
more reviewers are welcomed please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chicken Vs Pork / What Is In Your Fridge? / Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.