Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,474 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:25 AM

Is The Church Asleep? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Church Asleep? (550 Views)

Dealing With Incubus And Succubus Sex Demons That Attack Humans While Asleep / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / For All Those Who Fall Asleep In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Church Asleep? by nenergy(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2012
"...i will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it".

Is this scripture finding fulfilment in Nigeria? Everyday new churches are planted, yet the gates of hell is prevailing in our society. Moral decadence, corruption, ritual killing, terrorism, jungle justice, child (sex)abuse, family conflicts etc The devil is really roaming unchallenged in Nigeria.

"..while men slept, the enemy came".

Are christians asleep? It seems so because everybody is busy pursuing his own "increase" and Nigeria is left at the mercy of "devils". Keep praying for yourself alone, keep knocking on heaven's door for your personal increase alone,but take a few seconds to think about what will happen to that house, that Range Rover sports if Nigeria descends into the depth of hell. i.e Aluu community now that They have deserted their houses and property,because they allowed the devil reign. While discussing at a newspaper stand, a guy laughed uncontrollably because i said i pray regularly for GEJ. As a Nigerian do you intercede for your land? Our problems aren't just fiscal and administrative, its also spiritual. God will only heal our land when we pray as a people. "if my people who are called by my name". As christians we are called by Christ's name. Please pray for your leaders today...pray for your fatherland. God bless Nigeria!

*singing* Oh o Lord...hear the cry of your people has we pray.
Re: Is The Church Asleep? by OmoAlata(f): 7:24am On Oct 14, 2012
1 Timothy 2:1-2

English Standard Version (ESV)
Pray for All People

2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.

1 Like

Re: Is The Church Asleep? by Mynd44: 7:48am On Oct 14, 2012
The church ain't sleeping but you have to realise one thing
SOME PEOPLE ARE SIMPLY EVIL
Re: Is The Church Asleep? by OmoAlata(f): 7:51am On Oct 14, 2012
Mynd_44: The church ain't sleeping but you have to realise one thing
SOME PEOPLE ARE SIMPLY EVIL

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

1 Like

Re: Is The Church Asleep? by Mynd44: 8:06am On Oct 14, 2012
^^
Now you are getting the idea

1 Like

Re: Is The Church Asleep? by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 14, 2012
What will happen is that the whole of Nigeria will be uprooted and cast away into the fiery lake. We are in deep shit in this country.

First, do you believe that every church in Nigeria worship the one true God? Not at all. We are deep s h i t. When i did a research on this, i was shocked and i am still in a state of shock.

In Nigeria, reasons for creating churches:
1. TO MAKE MONEY!
2. TO MAKE PLENTY MONEY
3. TO BECOME STINKINGLY RICH

To be honest, due to the current state of Nigeria, majority of church worshippers will be better off being Atheists. We have very very few true christians in Nigeria, if any. That is for the Almighty Father to determine. But Jesus said that by their fruits, we shall know them.

I have toured many churches - and i can see that priorities are completely misplaced. And i am also aware that in Nigeria, people worship like over 50 different gods/Gods (it is a case of semantics).

The whole land is filled with darkness!! and is getting darker still!!! and the ritual killings are increasing - and is causing recruitment of the forces of evil!!!!

1 Like

Re: Is The Church Asleep? by plaetton: 2:36pm On Oct 14, 2012
Nigeria can be seen as perfect lab for atheists to clearly demonstrate that their is indeed no god.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Clarification On The Use Of A Castrated Animal For Sacrifice During Eid. / Gracia Burnham, Kidnapped And Held For 376 Days By Muslim Terrorists / The God Kind Of Life Iii-winning Each Day Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.