Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,473 members, 7,826,794 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? (12089 Views)

Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / 8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service / A Boring Church Service - Can You Justify It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by sunky644(m): 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2012
Just as I am in a boring service now, of course you know what's keeping me busy if you are reading this...
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by olaezebala: 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2012
Chat away with my muslim peeps cause most of my kiriyo peeps will be in church
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2012
I used to use my phone to cope with boredom before but now i've stopped since they put up a poster in church dat read "switch off ur phone as u switch on ur heart to God"
most times when boredom sets in i simply drift into fantasy land imagining all sort of wonderful tinz for my life...But i definitely don't sleep. Maybe except during some vigil.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by oubi: 12:24pm On Oct 14, 2012
user32: hell awaits

So Ʊ feel judgment depends on church attendance.. I pity Ʊ pass cos na eye servive Ʊ Ɗƺƴ do
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by DICKtator: 12:25pm On Oct 14, 2012
nativedoctor:
Incidentaly when the priest walked in I recognised him bc I attended his service twice and they were the most boring in my life (didn't leave with any message). So immediately he walked in I left.got to the house,read today's readings in the bulletin and read my bible for the next 2 hours.
Better to me that being in the church and leaving with nothing.
How market?
grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by olempe(m): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2012
saintvc: 2go, pinging and nairaland.
in church WoW... I sincerely hope u could do same in a law court.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by DICKtator: 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2012
abiL: Use my phone, like I'm doing now, or go to the toilet to either sleep or fix my make-up. Most times I just leave.. Church isn't by force.

Sleep in the toilet?shocked shocked shocked shocked Ewwww...... Holy s.hitt!!!!!!
You nasty!!! WTF
grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by trent9002(m): 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2012
I watch porrn
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by DICKtator: 12:29pm On Oct 14, 2012
jhydebaba: I simply go to the bar, take some shine shine bobo and when I come back to the church I'm gonna lite it up.

*who born boringness?*
Shine shine bobo?
Now dt is what I am talking bout!!
Real Star!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by olempe(m): 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2012
[quote
author=dre junior] Hahahaha I always crash, Τ̲̅ђε̲ most embarrassing
moment ώɑs ​WξŊ I fell den ma chair Τђε fuckin pastor
ώɑs juxt starring at Me [/quote] na the pastor send u? Smh 4ur life style...
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by k9ine(m): 12:31pm On Oct 14, 2012
I can't believe what I'm reading. You folks who say you chat, browse, sleep e.t.c. in a church service, pls tell me what constitutes a 'boring church service'.
If you know you will go to church and be a curse to yourselves, pls sit in your homes. If you were in a board meeting and your GMD was presiding, would you be pinging, browsing, chatting or doze off?
This goes to show how we disrespect the things of God.
CHURCH SERVICE IS A TIME OF WORSHIP, REVERENCE, AND THANKSGIVING TO GOD, AND IT REQUIRES YOUR FULL AND ACTIVE PARTICIPATION. Period?

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by olu4life(m): 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2012
Na wa for una o,am sure 90% of u replied while in church. As for me,i've out grown that mentality of sevice being boring. I can only remember the last time i almost slept off in church was because i didnt sleep overnight,thereby making me extremely tired. But later on,i really felt the message and sleep ran away. But in the case of pressing phone in church!!! Its a total NO. I hate peeps doing that beside me,i can change seat because of that if the person doesnt listen to me

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by olu4life(m): 12:37pm On Oct 14, 2012
k9ine: I can't believe what I'm reading. You folks who say you chat, browse, sleep e.t.c. in a church service, pls tell me what constitutes a 'boring church service'.
If you know you will go to church and be a curse to yourselves, pls sit in your homes. If you were in a board meeting and your GMD was presiding, would you be pinging, browsing, chatting or doze off?
CHURCH SERVICE IS A TIME OF WORSHIP, REVERENCE, AND THANKSGIVING TO GOD, AND IT REQUIRES YOUR FULL AND ACTIVE PARTICIPATION. Period?
God bless u bro
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by ujchief(m): 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2012
cmon: I just log off from the sermon.... Go into fantasy mood and start thinking about how to improve or tackle an issue with my business. If there's no issue at the moment, then I'll start thinking of the next business Idea. It's far better than sleeping and every one around thinks you're very attentive.... Thinking is just one of my hobbies.
just like me. I switch of, and start fantasising, i'm good at that. I could fantasise about how to fix my state as a state govnor, what to name my unborn children, how to make 1 mil per wk. Trust me, i'm good at that. After all, they said we should dream big and aim at the sky...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2012
k9ine: I can't believe what I'm reading. You folks who say you chat, browse, sleep e.t.c. in a church service, pls tell me what constitutes a 'boring church service'.
hmmm! You can say that again! Pinging at home and pinging in church,na which one bad pass? Pesin go wake up for morning,dress finish come carry bible and blackeberry/iphone dey go church! That one no be craze?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by k9ine(m): 12:42pm On Oct 14, 2012
olu4life:
God bless u bro
You're welcome, and you too.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by tpapi: 12:50pm On Oct 14, 2012
dirtymoney: dealing with a boring service has never been my problem. the cell phone thing is outdated. lately, wearing dark sunglasses in church is becoming trendy. so i dont miss my rayban eyeglass every sunday. all i do, is just to put it on. tilt my head backward a little, still facing the pastor...... close my eyes behind my shades and do my thing. d disadvantage of this is.... u might get startled by the thunderous 'amen' or wake up when the grace is being shared or if u dey sleep like olodo... u fit fal
one day u wil wake up n find out u r d one left in church
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by bluejeff(m): 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2012
I ensure i don't touch my phone concentrate during church even if the preacher is not making sense.I believe that after doing all sorts intentionally and unintentionally during the week, the worse i cld do is not paying attention for just 2hrs, it wld have been better if i didn't go. Even at that sometimes i just can't help drifting away when a sis with a b
ad --- walks by, or thinking of a football match, and when i realise this am like 'WTF u are in a church' To make heaven no easy o !
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by geezonaire: 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2012
Ask ursef how do u cope in a boring friday nightclub? God won't force u, he can raise stone to serve him..
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Sagytarius(m): 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2012
abiL: Use my phone, like I'm doing now, or go to the toilet to either sleep or fix my make-up. Most times I just leave.. Church isn't by force.
Wow, I never knew the toilet is a place to sleep o. cheesy
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 14, 2012
I bring out my jotter and start drawing designs of dresses.... Dresses that remain in my jotter pages and never gets sewn... undecided
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by tpia5: 1:11pm On Oct 14, 2012
The lady who mentioned toilet must be overseas.

Some of the restrooms there- once you enter, you want to stay inside for a while if not for the fact that you know people are watching/waiting. Very beautiful designs, etc.

Nigeria needs to borrow a leaf in this area.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by mike404(m): 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2012
Heeyhun: Somebody shout halleluyah
I bet ya not a christian... So stop deceiving your self embarassed
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Jglad(f): 1:16pm On Oct 14, 2012
i jst take my biro and sermon note and sketch anytin i like or start writin an article abt wat made d service borin...
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2012
ujchief:
just like me. I switch of, and start fantasising, i'm good at that. I could fantasise about how to fix my state as a state govnor, what to name my unborn children, how to make 1 mil per wk. Trust me, i'm good at that. After all, they said we should dream big and aim at the sky...
Same here. I am can never sleep or ping in church no matter how boring the service is. I simply blank out and start fantasizing I'd love to do or plan on doing in the future.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by tpia5: 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2012
Arent you suppposed to be jotting down notes about the sermon- dont know about now but thats what some people used to do.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Godysien(m): 1:18pm On Oct 14, 2012
"Thou will show me d path of life, in thy presence is fullness of joy, at thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore-Ps.16:11" This is God's word in clarity. @OP: Why then should u b bored in His presence? I guess, u must be just a passive fellow or number in ur church? Pls note that being passive or just a number in church makes one to either easily pass on or slumber. May this not be ur portion IJN- Amen. Pls be active to command God's presence so that Satan will not cheat on u. Ur phone will never bring panacea or succour to ur spiritual problems. So stop deceiving urself. JESUS IS LORD!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by mike404(m): 1:19pm On Oct 14, 2012
Heeyhun: Somebody shout halleluyah
And you forgot to tell us that you are a MUSLIM and ya real name is HASSAN IYUNADE. IDIET sad

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by OliverBrain(m): 1:19pm On Oct 14, 2012
Register for free diploma certificate and get certified! http://sites.google.com/site/freediploma/
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by DICKtator: 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2012
tpia@:

Some of the restrooms there- once you enter, you want to stay inside for a while if not for the fact that you know people are watching/waiting. Very beautiful designs, etc.

Does that change the fact that it is a restroom? :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
So you would sleep in a restroom?
grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by DICKtator: 1:25pm On Oct 14, 2012
tpia@:

Does that change the fact that it is a restroom? :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
So you would sleep in a restroom?

grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by seechris(m): 1:27pm On Oct 14, 2012
Please if you find the sermon boring every time just change your church, find one that satisfies you, no need to waste time and money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists / Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? / What's Your Prophecy For 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.