Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

How OFTEN Do You Give Alms To The Needy As A Person? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How OFTEN Do You Give Alms To The Needy As A Person? (1296 Views)

19-year-old Young Girl With Half A Body In Kano State Who Begs For Alms (photo) / Beggers Trying To Touch People When Begging For Alms / 30 Beggars Sentenced To Kirikiri Prison For Begging Alms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How OFTEN Do You Give Alms To The Needy As A Person? by DonaldGenes(m): 9:56am On Oct 14, 2012
Sometimes when i sit back,chin deep,thinking of how The Americans have grown this big in terms of their economy and other wise as against a relatively Developing countries like ours and Africa in toto and i come to the realisation that the Americans are people that do give a lot to others,they help others irrespective of your lineage yet they are still rich.
In retrospect,sometimes i think a lot perhaps why are we still developing in such a snail speed,yet we have the money but we find it hard to spread the money around,why,now talking about our individualistic persona,i have come to undastand that our people dont really give ''yes'' dont ask me,we dont like helping one another maybe due to lack of home training or your personal beliefs,I as a person love giving,it's in my genes,i feel bad if some1 seated along the road side beg me for a tad money and i dont have,ifell uncomfortable at times,i feel there pains,sometimes seeing 'em under the scorching sun,ohhhh! I wonder when will we learn to give without second guessing as if they will take your money to juju or some sort of myopic thinking.some dont even give to those pastors that preach inside bus @ the park at least
My question is why dont we give alms to the poor or be helpful to one another without sashaying your way pass these beggers or unfortunate group of people? Lets us act like Nigerians we once were and make our country proud,the truth is not black or white,nor blue or red,the truth is we are Nigerians!
Re: How OFTEN Do You Give Alms To The Needy As A Person? by logo77: 10:25am On Oct 14, 2012
Some of my friends believe that some of the beggars have some "evil powers" which can affect the givers.
Some years ago, there was a story that a crippled beggar, mysteriously appeared to a lady (at night) who gave him alms earlier on in the day demanding for #%*#@#@#*&. I don't know true it is.
Last week (monday to be precise), I observed a lady giving food (bread) instead of money.
Personally, I have a friend who is "challenged" & indigent who is not on the street begging sometimes I feel guilty because I have not been giving enough.
God help me.
Re: How OFTEN Do You Give Alms To The Needy As A Person? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:10am On Oct 14, 2012
logo77: Some of my friends believe that some of the beggars have some "evil powers" which can affect the givers.
Some years ago, there was a story that a crippled beggar, mysteriously appeared to a lady (at night) who gave him alms earlier on in the day demanding for #%*#@#@#*&. I don't know true it is.
Last week (monday to be precise), I observed a lady giving food (bread) instead of money.
Personally, I have a friend who is "challenged" & indigent who is not on the street begging sometimes I feel guilty because I have not been giving enough.
God help me.
yesss i grossly agree with you pal,in short we are in the same page,the reason i said this is because i want to give more,not that i have enough but when you hear such incredible stories like this that makes you awe,you begin to ask questions before you render help to them,when i was still in secondary school,i used to think in a myopic way what if these people are fake beggars,peradventure using your money against you,it's a sad scenario why our dear country has deterioted to this level,
but these days when i board a bus to travel,seeing pastors coming to preach and afterwards some people who should use their brains to reason that they should atleast drop something for them but wouldn't give,i dont want a situation whereby God ask me in the last days why didnt you help so so and so persons,i just want to help the little i can
Re: How OFTEN Do You Give Alms To The Needy As A Person? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2012
Well, I give as the spirit leads me. smiley
Re: How OFTEN Do You Give Alms To The Needy As A Person? by Callotti: 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2012
Frequently.
But, just like throwing away your money or belongings to 'church-rats'. . . you can never tell how needy 'these needies' really are.
Not my consain sha. . . my wallet and closets need room for expansion.
Nothing spiritual about it. . . JUST CONVENIENT! cool

(1) (Reply)

Python Kills 5 And 7 Yrs Old Brothers In Canada While They Were Sleeping / The "Other" Side Of Dubai. (pictures Inside) / Where Do I Get This Barbing Clipper? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.