Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Defination Of The Bible! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Defination Of The Bible! (2282 Views)

The Best Defination For Christianity! / What Is Your Own Defination Of Disco? / Whose Defination Of Your Life Would Go With? Let's See! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defination Of The Bible! by Ciaralover(f): 10:00pm On Apr 16, 2006
Bible

B=Basic
I=Instruction
B=Before
L=Leaving
E=Earth

Thats the true meaning!!!!
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by Free(f): 1:01am On Apr 17, 2006
oooh I knew that!!!!!!! i think lol grin grin
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by sade511(f): 1:03am On Apr 17, 2006
I aint even gon' lie. I didnt know that embarassed.
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by Rhodalyn(f): 1:05am On Apr 17, 2006
seriously? is dat da meaning? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by Free(f): 1:10am On Apr 17, 2006
yesp thats the tru meaning, she aint lying ;d ;d :d
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by Rhodalyn(f): 1:10am On Apr 17, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked i neva knew! where form dis shocked shocked
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by larger20(m): 2:00am On Apr 17, 2006
The meaning of the bible is [url]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3A+bible&btnG=Google+Search[/url]
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by ijele(m): 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2006
Bible is the complilation of scriptures
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by Ciaralover(f): 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2006
I didnt make it up!!!!I saw it in a Christian movie!!!!
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:49pm On Jun 24, 2007
The Holy Bible

This book contains the mind of God,
The state of man,
The way of salvation,
The doom of sinners and-
The happiness of believers.

Its precepts are binding,
Its history is true, and
Its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise,
Believe it to be saved, and
Practise it to be holy.

It contains light to direct you,
Food to support you, and
Comfort to cheer you;

It is the traveller’s map and
The Christian’s charter.

Here is paradise restored,
Heaven opened and
Gates of hell closed.

Christ is the grand subject,
Our good its design, and
The glory of God its end.

Read it
Slowly,
Frequently, and
Prayerfully.

It is a mine of wealth,
A paradise of glory, and
A river of pleasure.

It will reward the greatest labour and
Condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

The Book:
The Book of books;
The Book of life;
The Book of God;
The Bible;
The Revelation of God to man.
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by endure: 4:27pm On Jun 25, 2007
@Poster
U must be an S U member or close to the SU (Scripture Union)
I got to know that too during one of the bible studies there.

But sincerely, daz just someones Idea of a way he can summarise the bible
based on his understanding.

@ Olaadegbu
I once read something like that in a tracks but cant really remember the name.
part of ur stuff are in proverbs too.

To me, I see the Bible as a tool to help us scale thru the battles of this life
in order to gain victory and be rewarded in heave; since we fight not against
flesh and blood but against principalities and power.

When the Bible itself says "We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and against powers, "
", therefore, put on the whole armour of God that u would be able to withstand, "
and the weapons were mentioned. U will quite believe and agree with me that those weapos can only
be gotten and developed only with the Bible.
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:15pm On Jun 26, 2007
This Book will keep you from sin, and
Sin will keep you from this Book.

Reading and confessing this book will:
Terrify the devil,
Stupefy the rebellious,
Mystify the world,
Pacify the critics,
Ratify the covenant,
Edify the church,
Magnify the Word, and
Glorify the Lord!
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by Kuns: 5:55pm On Jun 28, 2007
The definition of the Bible, emm!

Well, as a matter of fact the word bible is from the Greek word Biblos which means little book, which is a contradiction because the bible is not a little book.

So there is no getting around the contradiction of the bible which start with the actual name which say it is a little book when in reality it is not.

The bible contains the mind of men and not the mind of God as OLAADEGBU as implied actually it was written and revised and re-translated and re-edited by many men including William Shakespeare.
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by stimulus(m): 10:49pm On Jun 28, 2007
Kuns:

it was written and revised and re-translated and re-edited by many men including William Shakespeare.

Come off it, pally. How did you come round the idea that William Shakespeare was involved in writing the Bible?
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by Kuns: 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2007
He was involved in the trans-lations from the latin to the English version.

He used the name William Tinsdale?
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by stimulus(m): 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2007
@Kuns,

Kuns:

He was involved in the trans-lations from the latin to the English version.

He used the name William Tinsdale?

Do you have any reference for your summations?

Dude, you're talking about two different people.

William Shakespeare  -- English playwright and novelist (1564-1616)
http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/shakespe.htm

William Tyndale  -- English clergyman (1494-1536)
http://www.believersweb.org/view.cfm?ID=167

These gentlemen lived in two different periods separated by about 28 years. Tyndale died in 1536, while Shakespeare was born 28 years after in 1564.
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by MP007(m): 3:30am On Jul 02, 2007
The word of God, simple,
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by Kuns: 6:40pm On Jul 02, 2007
The King James Bible was written in the year 1611 AD. Also the Name Tinsdales was ShakeSpears writing name.

This is not the Tyndales you have refered too.

Also he left is signature (mark if his name) in one of the books of Psalms. I will get it for you the next time I am online.
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by dtwsola(m): 6:38am On Jul 03, 2007
Stop acting like you made that up. The acronym comes from a cool song on GZA's Album Liquid Swords, one of the greatest hip hop albums ever.
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by stimulus(m): 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2007
@Kuns,

Kuns:

The King James Bible was written in the year 1611 AD. Also the Name Tinsdales was ShakeSpears writing name.

This is not the Tyndales you have refered too.

Please visit these links and see the committees that did the translating work of the KJV of the Bible:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James_Version#Committees

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/transtoc.htm

The KJ Bible was not written in 1611 AD. That was rather the year it was published; but translation was done much earlier. Besides, there is no name as 'William Tinsdale' (Tinsdales) in the committee.

Kuns:

Also he left is signature (mark if his name) in one of the books of Psalms. I will get it for you the next time I am online.

I've offered in another thread that the idea was made up; it has no real substance to it (Psalm 46). https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-6539.0.html#msg1247821
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by Kuns: 7:40pm On Jul 03, 2007
Hey Stimulus,

This is the page you need to tell you what date the first edition of the KJV was authorised. It also tell you that this was a translation and the style use to change the meaning of things (watered down, edited, ) by adding new things and changing original stories to favour the new world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James_Version

Hitherto, the Roman Catholic bible was begin used and it was it latin (the offical language of the Roman Catholic church) , It was read only by the Aristocrats (students or followers of Socrates and Aristole) these were the elite of the New world , the merchants, the Slavers, the Ruling Class and Royality.

The Roman Catholic version was written by Josepus Falvius Piso. He was a wealthy Roman "Jew" Aristocrats.
He was the one that wrote the story of the new testament as a PLAY which was enacted by him "Flavius PISO", his family and his friend. This was the Hollywood of the time.

The story of Jesus, the Cross-fiction (Cruxi-fiction), the Burial, Reincarnation (Resurrection which technically is the same thing , taking up a body or possessing a new body), the Ghost-spell (Gospel) was all the work of ONE MAN b]Josepus Falvius Piso[/b]. Piso' s family wrote the new testament , in about 60 A.D

b]Josepus Falvius Piso[/b] told the stories of Isa (Yashua ben pandora meaning Yashua son of Pandora) , in Hebrew the word Bar means legitimate son and the word Ben means illegitimate son was plagarised and created a new re-ligion (religion) of Christianity.

The Piso and family were also active members of the clandestine organisation called the illuminatti which needed to give Germanic countries that evolved out of the Greek and Roman Empires and the elite of these societies a place is
History , because their had no artifact , that pre-date the primitive (meaning prime, first, best, original) people of ancient Africa.

Don't believe me, you can check it up for yourself.

And this is not something we black people are saying , this is something any world known historian that is worth their pinch in salt will tell you.
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by stimulus(m): 8:02pm On Jul 03, 2007
@Kuns,

Kuns:

This is the page you need to tell you what date the first edition of the KJV was authorised. It also tell you that this was a translation and the style use to change the meaning of things (watered down, edited, ) by adding new things and changing original stories to favour the new world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James_Version

That was the same link I offered YOU, Kuns:

stimulus:

Please visit these links and see the committees that did the translating work of the KJV of the Bible:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James_Version#Committees

I don't know what this is making you out to be; but that link does not tell your fabricated storyline of a Josepus Falvius Piso. Besides, you have scooted away from the gist of the questions I offered, and making more frantic adventures in this thread. Where is your Shakespeare Tinsdales in those links? What is happening to your assertions, pally?
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by Kuns: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2007
Here you will find some information on William Shakespeare - English playwright & poet association with the British Freemasonary (scottsh rite 32 degrees) , which is still afilitiated to the church of Satan.

http://www.cephasministry.com/famous.html
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by stimulus(m): 5:32pm On Jul 04, 2007
@Kuns,

Kuns:

Here you will find some information on William Shakespeare - English playwright & poet association with the British Freemasonary (scottsh rite 32 degrees) , which is still afilitiated to the church of Satan.

http://www.cephasministry.com/famous.html

Wetin dey do you, Kuns? cheesy

All you have been offering are excuses. The question has not been answered; and you have only come back confirming what I already offered you - that Willaim Shakespeare was an English playwright. How does that translate into his being the writer of the KJV Bible?

I already saw that weblink you offered, and yet another one which I saw the same week on about the same thing:

http://www.islipmasons.org/famos_masons.htm
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by Kuns: 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2007
The point is the NEW TESTAMENT STORY was the work of a Josephus Flavius Piso. Everything the christian world believe (Be-lieing-to-eve, which is who we are, the descendants of Eve) in is the result of a play.

Josephus Flavius Piso was way before William Shakespeares time. Why should we be discussing William Shakespeare when Josephus Flavius Piso was the one who started the deception and fabrication of this book called the New testament.

Now the question a wise man (a truth seeker of truth) would ask is, How did the story (play based of Myth and tales) of Josephus Flavius Piso became the (belief) New testament we know today? How did this happen?

The word ignorance means to ignore the facts, however, when you ignore the facts, you breed beliefs; and that’s just what they (religious teachers) have, all belief and no facts. When you believe in something, you are accepting things without knowing. To break the spell of ignorance or belief, you must have knowledge: knowledge of the root of any subject.

The people of old overstood how the language was shaped, and how it grew because they knew the roots. Then evil people set in to rip the plant from its root like goats (the symbol of Sama'EL) rip plants from the root, to kill the crop.
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by stimulus(m): 6:12pm On Jul 05, 2007
@Kuns,

No need for the deliberately illiterate stories you're telling. I asked two questions which up until now you've been making noise about and not making any effort to answer them:

-- where is the William Shakespeare in the list of committees who translated the KJV?

-- where is the William Tinsdales in the link where you dribbled your weak story from?

Now, you're coming back as an errand boy with another fabu - the same one you haven't been able to establish as honest enough to make you human to your own cause.

You guys should just for once try and be honest to yourselves - it cost nothing to do so.
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by Horus(m): 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2007
It is of no coincidence when I tell you that in the Christian religion they stole things from the Egyptian culture.  The Ten Commandments of the Leviticus 20: 1-19 of the Bible was taken directly out of the Book of the Dead, from the “Declaration of innocence before the Neteru of the Tribunal” [/b]such as, [b]“Thou shalt not kill” (Exodus 20:13) is the exact same thing as[b] “I have not slain people”[/b].  Only in the Bible they take the declaration and turned them into commandments from a so-called all powerful God who has created laws.  Why does your God have to send the commandments “thou shalt not steal” (Exodus 20:15), which by the way was taken from verse 3 of the “Declaration of innocence before the maternal of the tribunal” where it states and I quote “O swallower of shades who came forth from Kernet, I have not slain people”.  So read “The book of the Dead” with the intent of overstanding its message.
Re: Defination Of The Bible! by poweredcom(m): 12:41am On Dec 09, 2010
It is of no coincidence when I tell you that in the Christian religion they stole things from the Egyptian culture. The Ten Commandments of the Leviticus 20: 1-19 of the Bible was taken directly out of the Book of the Dead, from the “Declaration of innocence before the Neteru of the Tribunal” such as, “Thou shalt not kill” (Exodus 20:13) is the exact same thing as “I have not slain people”. Only in the Bible they take the declaration and turned them into commandments from a so-called all powerful God who has created laws. Why does your God have to send the commandments “thou shalt not steal” (Exodus 20:15), which by the way was taken from verse 3 of the “Declaration of innocence before the maternal of the tribunal” where it states and I quote “O swallower of shades who came forth from Kernet, I have not slain people”. So read “The book of the Dead” with the intent of overstanding its message.

Yes I believe you the present KJV is just a best seller of words taken from many other books and complied and arranged by poets to conquer the world by king james himself and his empire

Bible

B=Basic
I=Instruction
B=Before
L=Leaving
E=Earth

Thats the true meaning!!

Big Joke, hahah

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Is Coming Soon / Who Really Killed Jesus? / Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.