Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? (6320 Views)

Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by Jarus(m): 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2012
Favourites
CIV

Challengers
Nigeria
Ghana

Outside-chance
Algeria
Mali
Morocco
South África
Tunisia
Zambia

Never-say-nevers
Angola
DR Congo
Togo

Miracle-chance
-Burkina Faso
-Cape Verde

Number makers
-Ethiopia
-Niger
-
--
But something keeps telling me Nigeria will pull a surprise in this tournament.
-
-

2 Likes

Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by ichieakpo(m): 12:09pm On Oct 20, 2012
burkina faso
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by ichieakpo(m): 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2012
burkina faso 4 gold
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by BabaOlowo: 12:14pm On Oct 20, 2012
NIGERIA!
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by solbil: 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2012
sentiments apart. I think nigeria will take the day especially if mikel becomes more prominent on the pitch. The guy has the ability to control the game and that ability, if brought to the fore, can make the ball move smoothly to precisely locate other players therefore making the game simple for the super eagles and difficult for the opponent.

I see naija/SA in final
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by dridowu: 12:17pm On Oct 20, 2012
Iran
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by Jarus(m): 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2012
solbil: sentiments apart. I think nigeria will take the day especially if mikel becomes more prominent on the pitch. The guy has the ability to control the game and that ability, if brought to the fore, can make the ball move smoothly to precisely locate other players therefore making the game simple for the super eagles and difficult for the opponent.

I see naija/SA in final

Yaya Toure, a better midfielder than Mikel, is coming to NC o. Tiote and others.
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by shadrach77: 1:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
cape verde looks like a strong bet. Nigeria are in with an outside chance cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by torgbe(m): 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2012
I am shocked no one has mentioned zambians(the defending champions).hahahaa.zambians now got the guts to diss Ghanaians cuz they won thru luck and now think they are powerhouse in African soccer.they rival W/Africans as if they are in our class.smh.the biggest rivalries in African socce is gh vrs 9ja and da everybody knows that. @post- realistically Ghana,Nigeria, and Ivory Coast are the real big shots.da rest r underdogs. Vim
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by kokorunna(m): 1:44pm On Oct 20, 2012
NIGERIA
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by semid4lyfe(m): 2:24pm On Oct 20, 2012
Jarus:

Yaya Toure, a better midfielder than Mikel, is coming to NC o. Tiote and others.

True but Yaya Toure, Cheick Tiote and other midfielders don't have Mikel's game controlling ability.

When Mikel plays, he really plays and is incomparable with any other midfielder.
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by naturalwaves: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2012
Jarus: Favourites
CIV

Challengers
Nigeria
Ghana

Outside-chance
Algeria
Mali
Morocco
South África
Tunisia
Zambia

Never-say-nevers
Angola
DR Congo
Togo

Miracle-chance
-Burkina Faso
-Cape Verde

Number makers
-Ethiopia
-Niger
-
--
But something keeps telling me Nigeria will pull a surprise in this tournament.
-
-
Nice analysis!
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by naturalwaves: 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2012
semid4lyfe:

True but Yaya Toure, Cheick Tiote and other midfielders don't have Mikel's game controlling ability.

When Mikel plays, he really plays and is incomparable with any other midfielder.

Honestly speaking, Mikel's talent is so so amazing. Despite the fact that he shared the midfield with inexperienced players in that game against Liberia, he still patched everything together. I love his tailor made, well measured killer passes like the long range up through pass he sent to one of the strikers(not Victor,Musa,IK) during that game all the way from midfield but the striker was so surprised that he couldn't handle the ball.lolz. I guess he is not used to such passes.Even the aerial pass he gave to Victor Moses for that header wasn't an ordinary cross, it was an aerial through ball in which the ball would have descended and would be right in front of the player's head.There is no basis for comparing Mikel to Yaya Toure and co cos their style of play is totally different.I believe if our Midfield is very potent, Nigeria should go far. We have strikers that can do the damage. My other fear is the defence.
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 20, 2012
Chartey: Cape Verde eliminated Cameroun comfortably. Those guys are so legit.
Tell me about it grin
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by GentleNaaz(m): 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
4 equality n justice, let any of dose dat hv nt won it b4 win ds time. E.g. Aboki na asofa wink
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2012
shadrach77: cape verde looks like a strong bet. Nigeria are in with an outside chance cheesy cheesy cheesy

yes we are, I see cape verde/ algeria or maybe south africa on the final grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
superfour: Nigeria. It turn of Nigeria to Win. Up Nigeria. By special grace of God Gold is ours

in Jesus Name.

lol
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2012
naturalwaves:
Nice analysis!

I disagree with ur list!
Favourites
CV

Challengers
CIV
Algeria

Outside-chance
Ghana
Mali
Morocco
Nigeria
Tunisia
Zambia

Never-say-nevers
Angola
DR Congo
Togo
South Africa

Miracle-chance
-Burkina Faso
-Nigeria

Number makers
-Ethiopia
-Niger

tongue grin
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by solbil: 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
torgbe: I am shocked no one has mentioned zambians(the defending champions).hahahaa.zambians now got the guts to diss Ghanaians cuz they won thru luck and now think they are powerhouse in African soccer.they rival W/Africans as if they are in our class.smh.the biggest rivalries in African socce is gh vrs 9ja and da everybody knows that. @post- realistically Ghana,Nigeria, and Ivory Coast are the real big shots.da rest r underdogs. Vim
ghana vs naija is not the biggest rivalry on the continent. Its cameroon vr naija. Get it straight!
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by Ironi: 5:13pm On Oct 20, 2012
Ricky_Ross: Nigeria all the way.
But if Nigeria phuckks up then I support Ghana to win it.
O boy if Ghana win make una enter Accra go phuk free toto, talking from experience

Which stupid moderator deleted my post?

I responded to this stuupid idioot's post when he writes filt about my country and you deleted my post?

If you have any balls at all you'll also delete the post that led to my response.

Stupid fcks, no wonder your country is fcked up and would be fcked up because of your stuupid mentality.

This is a slowpoke who has left his ugly Nigerian women to marry a Ghanaian and yet comes here most of the time to insult Ghanaian women.

It's his cheap prostiitute wife who would be fcked free.

Now shove this up your dirty assses
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 20, 2012
Maybe Ghana. . . I see NIGERIA going 4 there normal 3rd place
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by sambos994(m): 5:26pm On Oct 20, 2012
Adetayo100: South Africa or CIV

That's a funny one!!!!
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2012
chucky234: I am a Nigerian but love Africa to fault,I'm yet to watch Cape Verde play but I have no doubt that they are going to the AFCON to make up the number,getting to second round for them is as good as winning the cup itself.

Love africa to fault?
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by naturalwaves: 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2012
linda_1:

I disagree with ur list!
Favourites
CV

Challengers
CIV
Algeria

Outside-chance
Ghana
Mali
Morocco
Nigeria
Tunisia
Zambia

Never-say-nevers
Angola
DR Congo
Togo
South Africa

Miracle-chance
-Burkina Faso
-Nigeria

Number makers
-Ethiopia
-Niger

tongue grin

cheesy grin cheesy Very funny! Okay, don't worry, February is just nearby.
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by chucky234(m): 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2012
linda_1:

Love africa to fault?
My love for Africa and Africans is unconditional
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by Jarus(m): 8:54pm On Oct 20, 2012
solbil: ghana vs naija is not the biggest rivalry on the continent. Its cameroon vr naija. Get it straight!

Actually, to Ghanaians, it is Nigeria/Ghana. But Nigeria hardly reckons with that, they see Cameroun as their biggest rivals.

Cameroun, having beaten us 3 times in final, are our biggest rival.

Nigeria-Cameroun is the biggest rivalry in African football, followed by Nigeria-Ghana.

Nigeria-South Africa also used to be big game, especially since they ruled Africa when Nigeria was absent in 1996 and 1998 AFCONs, and felt theyhad arrived. But we hjave since put them in their place, beating them 2-0(Tijani Babangida) in 2000 AFCON and 4-2 or so in 2004 AFCON, plus beating them home and away in one qualifiers couple of years back. SA and Nigeria is no longer a big game.

Senegal also used to be our serious rival, eliminating us in 2002 AFCON semis. But we have also gone past them and hardly in same class again.

Nigeria-Ghana and Nigeria-Cameroun are the real, enduring, historical rivals.
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by naturalwaves: 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2012
^^^@Jarus, so, this is where you are hiding. You posted something you could not defend in the other thread that last time about Prof. Gabriel Oyibo and then absconded. Well done! Dem don dey find you for there o. grin
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 20, 2012
naturalwaves:

cheesy grin cheesy Very funny! Okay, don't worry, February is just nearby.

grin wink

1 Like

Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 21, 2012
The top favorites for the title are Cote D Ivoire, Nigeria and Ghana. South Africa, Tunisia and Morocco at best, have an outside chance.
The only position that both CIV and Ghana have over Nigeria is the midfield. If Mikel and co raise their game during the tournament,
it would make a big difference.
Our forward players can match those of the 2 other teams. And Enyeama is the best keeper amongst them. So we might just sneak our way to the title. The fact that there is more pressure on Ghana and Cote D Ivoire to win may be their downfall. Nigeria, on the other hand, aren't under a lot of pressure to win. Perhaps, this is the first AFCON in which most pundits and African football fans rate the Eagles as outsiders. I think the Super Eagles would do an "Italy" (2006 World cup) next year. Fingers crossed.
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 21, 2012
Jarus:

Actually, to Ghanaians, it is Nigeria/Ghana. But Nigeria hardly reckons with that, they see Cameroun as their biggest rivals.

Cameroun, having beaten us 3 times in final, are our biggest rival.

Nigeria-Cameroun is the biggest rivalry in African football, followed by Nigeria-Ghana.

Nigeria-South Africa also used to be big game, especially since they ruled Africa when Nigeria was absent in 1996 and 1998 AFCONs, and felt theyhad arrived. But we hjave since put them in their place, beating them 2-0(Tijani Babangida) in 2000 AFCON and 4-2 or so in 2004 AFCON, plus beating them home and away in one qualifiers couple of years back. SA and Nigeria is no longer a big game.

Senegal also used to be our serious rival, eliminating us in 2002 AFCON semis. But we have also gone past them and hardly in same class again.

Nigeria-Ghana and Nigeria-Cameroun are the real, enduring, historical rivals.

So how come the name Ghana gives Nigerians orgasm. To be honest I think it should Ghana and Ivory Coast. Ghana vs Nigeria is not really a rivalry because it is one sided. Ghana has been beating Nigeria for a long time. We way accomplish than they are.
Re: Who is your AFCON 2013 champion? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
CIV
CIV
CIV
The rest tongue
grin grin

Abegi dun disappoint this time ooo, abeg uuu! my heart won't take it.
Drogba sabi miss penalty at AFCON but not Champions league abi!angry
Gervinho with yo small small legs u run but u no score angry this time uuum deh!
Yaya master in ManShitty mildfield, lazy fufu eater in our own angry
Tiote, Gradel, Gosso, Demel and Copa i salute u, u ve been good! cheesy
2013 is ours now, no mistake this time, we gotta play collectively!

To tell the truth, Cape Verde scares me the most, they ve beaten Cameroon at ease, i wonda if they ve been pickin up Portuguese ballers to throw in their team now,grin grin
we r usually more scared of Camers than anybody else, and CV beat them so we have to be careful.

I fear more Nigeria and Zambia than Ghana, cuz the Ghanaians tend to be overconfident at times, and this will lose them again.

Algeria, dunno why we always have prob with those northern African teams angry

the rest... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osaze Recants, Says He'll Play For Eagles If Selected / African Footballers Hairstyles / FC Taraba V Warri Wolves (1 - 2) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.