Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Abuja Experience... - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Abuja Experience... (7783 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Experience... by spqticle: 3:23pm On Oct 15, 2012
Let's share our ups, downs and smooths about our service year in abuja. If necessary, we could get together to put work or play in progess. Feel free to maturely express yourself. I am a batch A 2012 corper, still in the scheme till feb. 2013. Say hello thru spqticle@gmail.com
Re: Abuja Experience... by spqticle: 4:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
No advice is bad until you use it. But it could be worse if you don't use it.
If you don't live or school in Abuja and you have the means to 'work' your service. Don't come to serve in Abuja (or any place you are not sure of in term of general support like finance, accomadation, hustle, the like). Redeployment don't come easy all the time.
But if you are adventurous enough and you feel you can tough it out, it's cool. Sometimes, Abuja is good and ladies months deep in the scheme can testify.
Another advice (not just for service, you can use it in shopping or table tennis or whatever it seems good for). Don't be told, try to see for yourself (suicide is cool when you know the tools. Jk) but if you make mistakes yourself, you can easily handle them as it is in the first person.
Then, always ask (politely) what you don't know. Ask. Confirm. Ask again. Google it. And ask some more. They say you can't get lost if you ask for directions. True that.
If I think up more, I'll let you in on them. For we already in Abuja, live it up. It's only a matter of precious time...

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Experience... by ichidodo: 8:00am On Oct 16, 2012
Mehn. I live and work in abuja o! Currently workin my postin here. I dey pray o! GOD i dey beg o!
Re: Abuja Experience... by spqticle: 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
It's all good.
Re: Abuja Experience... by infouniabj: 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2012
very good
Re: Abuja Experience... by spqticle: 7:52am On Oct 25, 2012
Then, after over six months of work with no-pay, I (and other corpers in my office) received a quarter bag of rice from the office. Wait! Wait!! Wait!!! It was not from my office, it was from the chinese and cooperatives. I shld start realizing that the FG, or just G of abj don't care about my welfare. I just hope we get paid one day...
Re: Abuja Experience... by benakrom(m): 12:08am On Oct 26, 2012
hmm...heard serving in Abuja has serious downs...hope I would have a better story if posted there during this 2012 batch C?...where is the best place to serve in Abuja,now that we are confined to the "4-sectors posting" policy.

Who is coming to abuja for service... grin lets hook up oooo...lol
Re: Abuja Experience... by spqticle: 3:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
It all depends on how u make ur environment work out for u. But it's better with a non-federal or non governmental institution. I.e private. Then if you are lucky to get a place with close proximity to ur house, it's all good. Bt all in all, abj should be a last option.
Re: Abuja Experience... by benakrom(m): 11:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
spqticle: It all depends on how u make ur environment work out for u. But it's better with a non-federal or non governmental institution. I.e private. Then if you are lucky to get a place with close proximity to ur house, it's all good. Bt all in all, abj should be a last option.

Hmmm...thnx.....but with this 4sector posting, I don't think one can be posted to a private establishment...wch means its either sch or ministry....hp I get a good place sha...
Re: Abuja Experience... by ichidodo: 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
ichidodo: Mehn. I live and work in abuja o! Currently workin my postin here. I dey pray o! GOD i dey beg o!
E DON WORK O! ABUJA. THANK GOD.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Experience... by Dermie: 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
Congrats!
ichidodo: E DON WORK O! ABUJA. THANK GOD.
Re: Abuja Experience... by CoolKizzy(m): 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
abuja also
Re: Abuja Experience... by ichidodo: 9:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
Dermie: Congrats!
TANX BRO.
Re: Abuja Experience... by ichidodo: 9:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
Cool Kizzy: abuja also
WE WILL ROCK THIS PLACE.
Re: Abuja Experience... by Prettylady1: 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2012
All d new incoming otondo's congrates
Re: Abuja Experience... by ichidodo: 6:08am On Nov 02, 2012
anywhere in abj is fine, rural or urban for ppa. All i just want is my life back.
Re: Abuja Experience... by spqticle: 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
Good to see all your post and comments. Those coming in soon (Batch C), I wish y'all the best. As a Batch A corps member, I'll be rounding up in February and I am anxiously waiting to get that "Kpali" and proceed with life either here or elsewhere...
Re: Abuja Experience... by spqticle: 6:41pm On Nov 29, 2012
welcome all batch 'c' corps members, (esp Abuja members). I met some of you today after my CDS (all that glow and energy, I give you 3weeks). It's nice to start contributing your quota to the growth and development of this nation. I hope you get accepted in your PPA and those of you who don't (soon), I wish you speedy acceptance in places you try to work out.
Re: Abuja Experience... by seundy(m): 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2012

RE: ABUJA EXPRIENCE
By seundaniel.
Pls, tel me more abt abuja experience because i wish 2 serve my father's land in abuja. Tanx.
Re: Abuja Experience... by henryiv: 5:57am On Dec 09, 2012
As far as Nigeria is concerned no place is rosy,what I believe in is that your determination to excel and to make best use of any environment matters!

1 Like

Re: Abuja Experience... by henryiv: 6:04am On Dec 09, 2012
As a new graduate,if am posted to Abuja how exploit the environment to the best of my ability,because no place is filled with gold in Nigeria
Re: Abuja Experience... by mixedgene: 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hnnm

(1) (Reply)

NYSC BATCH B,OGUN State,lets Meet Here. / NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) / BUY Your NYSC Kit For #1500 ONLY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.