Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,046 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) (7820 Views)

Batch B14(stream 2) Corps Member To Return To Camp For Their Drills / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina / Nysc Batch B Posted To Katsina State.lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
Got my call up m posted to katsina, I stay in lasigidi, not so happy though but am hopeful and ready to go....let's meet here, talk and connect if katsina is ur nysc destination
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by drwebs: 10:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
Same here bro, I'm posted to Katsina. Never been there before. plus anyone with any useful info about the Place?
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
drwebs: Same here bro, I'm posted to Katsina. Never been there before. plus anyone with any useful info about the Place?
have read some info about the state on NL and its all positive report from those that served there n still dere...re u in lagos?
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by drwebs: 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
Vision2045: have read some info about the state on NL and its all positive report from those that served there n still dere...re u in lagos?

Na, in Yenagoa, but currently in Ed State to pickup my callup letter
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Me too...so annoying

1 Like

Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Bigdreams(m): 5:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hi friends,

I served in Katsina too (Batch A 2013).

You can go this thread ==> https://www.nairaland.com/1089884/thread-corpers-posted-katsina for information about Katsina camp.

I wish you guys the best.

1 Like

Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
eclipse13: Me too...so annoying
I felt same way 2m..but those that have served there b4 has positive report...so be hopeful
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by omicron(m): 5:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
Batch B 2012 katsina ex corper....there isnt much to fear. Only issue is distance from the south.
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
Bigdreams: Hi friends,

You can go this thread ==> https://www.nairaland.com/1089884/thread-corpers-posted-katsina for information about Katsina camp.

cool 2 have u here bro, fellow corper feel free to ask him question but read the link he dropped....MY question : 1. how is security and safety like bro? 2. Can I get a straight bus to there from lagos?...God bless
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Bigdreams(m): 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Vision2045: cool 2 have u here bro, fellow corper feel free to ask him question but read the link he dropped....MY question : 1. how is security and safety like bro? 2. Can I get a straight bus to there from lagos?...God bless

Hi, thanks for your response.

1. Security is Ok in camp as far as I know and I believe it will even be beefed up the more with the current situation in the north.

2. You can get a straight bus from here in Lagos to Katsina. I went through Cross Country at Yaba, Jibowu and the journey took us two days. We got to their park at Kaduna that day around 8pm and started the journey the next day. The cost then was N13,000.

You can also get a direct bus from Mile 12 to Katsina for N4,000 (18 passenger bus). It's a night journey though. The bus leaves the park around 6:30pm-8:00pm and gets to Katsina town the next day around 12pm or 1pm.

You can also go through some of these luxurious buses at Iddo Park to Kano (I think it should still be around N5,500). You can then board a cab from Kano to Katsina town. From the park, you will get a motor bike to the camp located at Mani road.

I wish you journey mercies.

If there are other questions you would love to have answers to, please, kindly let me know.

Thanks.
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
Bigdreams:

1. Security is Ok in camp as far as I know and I believe it will even be beefed up the more with the current situation in the north.

2. You can get a straight bus from here in Lagos to Katsina. I went through Cross Country at Yaba, Jibowu and the journey took us two days. We got to their park at Kaduna that day around 8pm and started the journey the next day. The cost then was N13,000.

You can also get a direct bus from Mile 12 to Katsina for N4,000 (18 passenger bus). It's a night journey though. The bus leaves the park around 6:30pm-8:00pm and gets to Katsina town the next day around 12pm or 1pm.

You can also go through some of these luxurious buses at Iddo Park to Kano (I think it should still be around N5,500). You can then board a cab from Kano to Katsina town. From the park, you will get a motor bike to the camp located at Mani road.

If there are other questions you would love to have answers to, please, kindly let me know.

Thanks.
God bless u sir...1. am a good football player what are my chances of getting the state capital as my PPA 2. What's accommodation cost like? And will u advice I stay in corpers lodge if I have the option or rent a room? 3. You mention the camp only being safe what of the. State cos of PPA is where we spent the highest month?
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Roon9(m): 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
Bigdreams:

Thanks.

Tanx bros! Ma mom just went beserk when she heard! Pliz do you know how i am to move from delta state
How come about dat 13k u stated
What is the town like Do they have network n light? #rily feel like crying
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Roon9(m): 12:16am On Aug 01, 2014
Pliz any1 from delta goin to katsina lets connect: 2931A810 08069825433
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 01, 2014
Bigdreams:

Thanks.
Big dream has given out loads of info that will help you guys. I also camped at Old Mani Rd in Oct/Nov 2012... It was really great.. Memories that will never be forgotten.. But I will advice you guys avoid the Kano route, that place na hot spot now, even the parks.. Passing through Zaria is a better alternative, though some KM more. For those coming to lagos, they can get a direct bust to Katsina. And for those who can afford the air fare, please do, I think aero fly to Katsina twice weekly, I no too sure again..
Ensure you all have a good time at the camp. Even if you are going to redeploy, don't let it overshadow your stay, make friends and partake in activities, you will all be fine.. Best of luck to you guys
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 01, 2014
Roon9:

Tanx bros! Ma mom just went beserk when she heard! Pliz do you know how i am to move from delta state
Lol.. Katsina camp is the best in Naija after Gombe camp.. You will be surprised
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 01, 2014
I felt same way 2m..but those that have served there b4 has positive report...so be hopeful
dts consoling i guess, bt i'm considering redeploying.
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Bigdreams(m): 9:25am On Aug 01, 2014
Vision2045: God bless u sir...1. am a good football player what are my chances of getting the state capital as my PPA 2. What's accommodation cost like? And will u advice I stay in corpers lodge if I have the option or rent a room? 3. You mention the camp only being safe what of the. State cos of PPA is where we spent the highest month?

Thanks for your questions.

1. As a good football player, make sure you are part of your platoon's football team. If you are outstanding and get lucky to be selected as part of the camp's team, it is highly possible that you will have the state capital as your PPA.

2. I was posted to the southern part of Katsina - Funtua to be precise. Our school had a corpers' lodge where we were accommodated free of charge. From my interactions with other corps members, most of the schools or companies (depending on where you are posted) provide accommodation for corps members.

3. Generally, Katsina state is safe. You however have to be security conscious. You will also be briefed on security issues while in the camp.

To all, it is my advice that you take the lectures seriously no matter how tired you are. Those lectures will help you greatly during your service year.

All the best.
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Bigdreams(m): 9:32am On Aug 01, 2014
Roon9:

smiley My parents also had that fear when I told them where I was posted.

I paid N13,000 because I didn't know there were alternatives as Cross Country (the transport company) came to my school with flyers promising to take us direct to the camp. It seemed ok then. Though it was a cozy journey (full AC) and breakfast, I would have not gone with them if I knew there were cheaper alternatives.

My brother, don't cry. Face it like a man.

Electricity supply is relatively ok. Network availability is also relatively ok depending on where you are posted in the state.

I didn't feel like coming back home as I even spent extra 2 months after the end of my service year.

Go ahead and conquer. Whatever challenge you face, ensure you don't buckle under its pressure.

I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Bigdreams(m): 9:38am On Aug 01, 2014
eclipse13: I felt same way 2m..but those that have served there b4 has positive report...so be hopeful
dts consoling i guess, bt i'm considering redeploying.

My brother, Katsina state and the people are good.

Once you are able to listen attentively to the lectures in camp and also take notes, you will find out that you will have lesser problems during your service year.

The language barrier was my initial problem but gradually I got over it (I never sabi well well ooo grin) being able to communicate basic words.

I know of some ex-corps members who have well established businesses in Funtua where I was posted. Two of them have good restaurants while the other one has a well known computer training school. One of the owner of the restaurants gives corpers discount on every plate of food you buy.. grin grin grin

You can redeploy if you wish bro but I tell you from personal experience, Katsina state is wonderful not minding the skirmishes that occur once in a blue moon.

Understand the culture, language and the religion of the people. Know your boundaries and you will be fine.

Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 01, 2014
Bigdreams:

Thanks.
God bless u sir.
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Roon9(m): 2:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
Bigdreams: Hi friends,

Pliz i misplaced my schol id card. Wil i be allowed into the canp without it?
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Odisco2(m): 2:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
I just got my call up. Katsina is the place.
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Bigdreams(m): 3:48pm On Aug 01, 2014
Roon9:

Pliz i misplaced my schol id card. Wil i be allowed into the canp without it?

I think you need to sort that out with your school as you will need it during registration.
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
Katsina here I come !!!! Please how many hours does it tk to get to KT for abuja
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Bigdreams(m): 4:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
DrVickChuks: Katsina here I come !!!! Please how many hours does it tk to get to KT for abuja

I can't say precisely but it should not be more than 5 or 6 hours.
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by omicron(m): 5:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
Roon9: Pliz any1 from delta goin to katsina lets connect: 2931A810 08069825433
You can get katsina bus at onitsha straight to KT, about 14hours ride.

Alternatively, if you have someone in abuja (5 - 6hrs), i will advice you move to abuja first, then continue in the next morning from abj (5 - 6hours). That way you will avoid night travel.
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 01, 2014
Bigdreams:

I can't say precisely but it should not be more than 5 or 6 hours.
Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ a lot bro !!! Please do you know how much it will cost? (i.e. Abj -KT)
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by fajen(m): 8:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
[color=#990000][/color] cryPls what's the best route from Akure (ondo state) to katsina. And if ur going from ondo state reach me on 07031233456. Thanks.
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by ewosk: 8:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
was posted to Kastina....Roon hala @ me....i dey enter warri tomorow
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
Please will dey allow people into the camp a day before (monday) ?.....I really need to knw so I can plan...d time is short!!!
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by fajen(m): 8:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
[/color][color=#000099][color=#990000][/color] cryPls what's the best route from Akure (ondo state) to katsina. And if ur going from ondo state reach me on 07031233456. Thanks.
Re: NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) by galantfm: 9:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
I hail.. am also posted 2 katsina oo.pls I'll apreciate more info abt d state frm dos curently sevin dere &ex-corpers.u can also add me on bbm let's conect 216d3a51 or whatsapp 08109559398

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others / A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State / NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.