Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 (22551 Views)

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by candieangel12(f): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2012
tyson55:
Watch out ladies or you will end up in Mitt's binder.

Hell No!!!

Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by express101: 11:49am On Oct 17, 2012
shymexx: I'm neither a yank nor a prophet but I think Obama is a one-term president...

He'll end up like Jimmy Carter, and Romney will become the new Ronald Reagan...

You guys can quote me at the end of next month - I just feel that's the way this farce is going to end...
Usually respect ur perspectives, not sure of this one. We'll see
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by express101: 11:56am On Oct 17, 2012
dayokanu: The moderator helped Obama a bit.

Romney missed an opportunity to nail Obama on the Benghazi issue.

When Obama was asked who denied enhance security in Benghazi. Obama dodged the question and ROmney didnt bring him back to the point.

On whether Obama said he called it a terror attack the following day that was a lie

I agree with u up to the point that he dint use "act of terror" to describe the Benghazi incident d next day. He could have shone more light on d fact he went fundraising the very next day when details wre still a bit hazy
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by tyson55(m): 11:58am On Oct 17, 2012
I think we as Americans are forgetting one important item here. The President of the United States has clear powers, but those powers are harnessed by congress and the senate. They can veto or sign bills, but technically it really is not the final say as it can be revisited. No the real issue here, and what we should look at is the administrations they represent. Obama represents a Clinton type administration. Romney represents a Bush type administration. Now, we WILL enter into a depression as that is just the way the economic patterns work. Any of us who work in the financial industry knows that the Federal Reserve Bank was warning us of a depression during Bushes office during his first year that current policies and deregulation would expedite that current prediction. The Federal Reserve board advised the administration not to raise interest rates on the American public, or reduce regulations. The administration ignored that advice and raised interest rates and reduced regulations, thus projecting us into an unsteady market. What Americans don’t know is about the gag order placed on the Federal Reserve keeping them from notifying the general population of investors. However, a licensed investor still has access to the Federal Reserve’s monthly report. All those who do not have this license do not. So, you need to ask yourself, which administration will lessen that effect. Fact: Democrats traditionally like to socialize money, or make it available to more people. Republicans like to focus on placing money in business and corporations for trickle down. Well, both can be affective. Our vote needs to be on which one of these administrations would serve a greater amount of people then the other; and which one would entrench us into a heavier felt depression. Now, my opinion is, both administrations are going to spend money. This country is not at a point to reduce any deficit yet. So, when they borrow more money where do you want that to go? I say, to as many people as possible. Historically, when money is given to business during economic times of hardship they hold onto it to ride the tough times through. So, for me it would appear more logical to place that 5 trillion that either administration is going to use one way or the other and give it to programs that will directly impact the majority. Or plainly put, into your hands.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Jackie26: 12:22pm On Oct 17, 2012
Josh316:
The new CNN polls as of this morning showed Obama with 49% and Romney with 37%.... grin
I am talking about the election poll among registered voters not the winner of the debate poll.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Baraac(f): 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2012
During the debate:

Gov. Romney: I want to create jobs! I want to create jobs!
Gov. Romney: Candy, government does not create jobs!

Does gov. Romney think he will be running America like a private sector and not as part of government? This guy does not remember what he says a minute ago.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 17, 2012
Baraac: During the debate:

Gov. Romney: I want to create jobs! I want to create jobs!
Gov. Romney: Candy, government does not create jobs!

Does gov. Romney think he will be running America like a private sector and not as part of government? This guy does not remember what he says a minute ago.

You people are deliberately misunderstanding that statement.
Romney intends to create jobs as president by reducing rates and helping the private sector to be more productive, thereby hiring more people.
Govt does not create jobs, because govt does not produce anything. It is the wealth of the private sector that pays the govt bills. How many people can the govt maintain in the civil service.
To me that's the most significant difference between Romney and Obama. Romney understands that America needs a private sector that is buoyant and creates its own jobs. Obama seems to think America needs more government spending.
As Nigerians you all should understand the power of the private sector, even in the most impoverishing military era, the private sector was able to keep Nigeria running.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Baraac(f): 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
Fearless03:

You people are deliberately misunderstanding that statement.
Romney intends to create jobs as president by reducing rates and helping the private sector to be more productive, thereby hiring more people.
Govt does not create jobs, because govt does not produce anything. It is the wealth of the private sector that pays the govt bills. How many people can the govt maintain in the civil service.
To me that's the most significant difference between Romney and Obama. Romney understands that America needs a private sector that is buoyant and creates its own jobs. Obama seems to think America needs more government spending.
As Nigerians you all should understand the power of the private sector, even in the most impoverishing military era, the private sector was able to keep Nigeria running.

Listen to this. Let us be sincere, factual and sentiments apart. Sounds like the Gov just decide to say anything he can go away with so far he gets elected. That can happen is a place like Nigeria but certainly not here in the states. The last 4 years had been tough for obama because he's trying trying to clean up the mess found on ground. Clinton even confessed that he himself wouldn't not have done better looking at the mess on ground.
I think the future of america is important. Obama is not looking at the next 4 years but he is preparing ground for whoever takes over from there. This is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by armyofone(m): 2:04pm On Oct 17, 2012
Now, i don't like the part where Romanus said women should be given time (let her go at 5pm instead of 7pm) so that she can go home to prepare dinner shocked eh? what's that tongue grin very funny.

i see why there will always be glass ceiling. why aren't the men given time to go home to prepare dinner? His housewifey status really got into his head.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Fhemmmy: 2:25pm On Oct 17, 2012
Romney has to many chances to punch Obama last night but he failed:
1. On equal pay for women.
2. Killing of the ambassador in Libya
3. Obama's record on economy ( He tried but fell short)
Obama showed up last night and he did so well . . .
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 3:10pm On Oct 17, 2012
tunapawizzy: hmmmmmm the black race supports OBAMA because of his colour yet we complain of RACISM

Be careful when you use the term "BLACK RACE", because you are talking about everyone in the black race including

me. I for one I'm not a supporter of Obama because of his skin color, matter of fact I can care less if he was emerald.

The reason I(someone in the black race) support Barack Obama is because of his plan's, policies, and principles. Heck,

if the Guy was whiter than snow I still will support him!

#[size=14pt]OLORI DOTA![/size]
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by KayDee4: 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2012
Fhemmmy: Romney has to many chances to punch Obama last night but he failed:
1. On equal pay for women.

There was NO chance he was ever going to knock Obama on this.
Obama signed the lilly ledbetter fair pay act (the first bill he signed into law); Romney and the conservative repubs initially opposed it.
When Romney was asked by a journalist if he was in support of it, he literally ran away and said he would get back to it and when Obama was asked by a woman in public, he said he didn't need to get back to her on it that he already signed it into law.

I'm sure the difference is as clear as 7up.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Fhemmmy: 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2012
Kay-Dee:

There was NO chance he was ever going to knock Obama on this.
Obama signed the lilly ledbetter fair pay act (the first bill he signed into law); Romney and the conservative repubs initially opposed it.
When Romney was asked by journalist if he was in support of it, he literally ran away and said he would get back to it and when Obama was asked by a woman in public, he said he didn't need to get back to her on it that he already signed it into law.

I'm sure the difference is as clear as 7up.

Yes, yesterday was for Obama, but he blew some chances too, i do understand he mentioned that gas at the pump were cheaper when he took office cos of the bad economy and low demand for oil cos manufacturing was down, but he ought to have hammered that so much more, he ought to have talked more on the fact that Romney is making so much money and yet paying less taxes.
But the 3rd debate will put a nail on the coffin that will bury Romney's chances, cos that will be more on foreign policies . . .
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Sheguama: 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2012
Jackie_25: Na wa o! Nairaland is so pro-Obama, not a place to get a fair analysis for someone that did not watch the debate.

Not correct sir. Pls take go through the last debate again (Obama-Romney) on this same medium. Most of these guys gave it to Romney den even if reluctantly.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Sheguama: 5:36pm On Oct 17, 2012
armyofone: Now, i don't like the part where Romanus said women should be given time (let her go at 5pm instead of 7pm) so that she can go home to prepare dinner shocked eh? what's that tongue grin very funny.

Romanus ko, Ramires ni!!!
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Fhemmmy: 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2012
armyofone: Now, i don't like the part where Romanus said women should be given time (let her go at 5pm instead of 7pm) so that she can go home to prepare dinner shocked eh? what's that tongue grin very funny.

i see why there will always be glass ceiling. why aren't the men given time to go home to prepare dinner? His housewifey status really got into his head.

That was a 7 inch nail on his head, cos now she has all of a sudden stepped on the toes of women and i wish Obama used that against him but he never did, was a gentleman tongue
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2012
Good one!

Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Fhemmmy: 5:51pm On Oct 17, 2012
^^^ You people no go kill person with lafter oh
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by benbrains(m): 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2012
k2039:

My president is sleeping o

Ahn ahn... Who says he is sleeping, do U̶̲̥̅̊ hv to fall his hands every time U̶̲̥̅̊ hv the chance?
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by OzReal(m): 9:17pm On Oct 17, 2012
After all is said and done, I still think that the Obama administration is vulnerable, especially on the Benghazi issue. The moderator erroneously helped Obama by saying that he mentioned that the supposed protest was an act of terror, and Romney backed down thereby relieving Obama off of that testy and very sensitive question(the moderator is getting some flak today for that) . The next debate is on foreign policy, and I am absolutely certain that this issue would come up again.I just hope Obama has a damn good explanation waiting, because like shymmex, I fear that this could be to Obama what the Iranian hostage crisis was to Jimmy Carter. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by olarge: 11:36pm On Oct 17, 2012
Obama was a hit
Mitt had a fit
Obama used his wit, and
Mitt sunk in the pit
For the good of our Country
Mitt MUST quit grin
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by bigmaut: 1:01am On Oct 18, 2012
grin Obama carrygo this is d Negro's time grin
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Fhemmmy: 1:50am On Oct 18, 2012
olarge: Obama was a hit
Mitt had a fit
Obama used his wit, and
Mitt sunk in the pit
Mitt MUST quit grin

Nice rap
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Chuksleader(m): 5:49am On Oct 18, 2012
Horayce: Great points by Romney. Obama over promised in 08 and has under delivered !
Atleast you are objective in your judgement.Good one.
The rest of the comments here are obviously biased.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Chuksleader(m): 5:49am On Oct 18, 2012
Horayce: Great points by Romney. Obama over promised in 08 and has under delivered !
Atleast you are objective in your judgement.Good one.
The most of the comments here are obviously biased.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 18, 2012
Romney might outshine Obama in the last debate (which will on foreign policy)because he will have more time to further hit Obama on the administration's botched handling of the Libya attacks. Romney will do well to detail Obama's actions during the first 3 days after it was confirmed that the U.S. ambassador was killed.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by justwise(m): 8:04am On Oct 18, 2012
OzReal: After all is said and done, I still think that the Obama administration is vulnerable, especially on the Benghazi issue. The moderator erroneously helped Obama by saying that he mentioned that the supposed protest was an act of terror, and Romney backed down thereby relieving Obama off of that testy and very sensitive question(the moderator is getting some flak today for that) . The next debate is on foreign policy, and I am absolutely certain that this issue would come up again.I just hope Obama has a damn good explanation waiting, because like shymmex, I fear that this could be to Obama what the Iranian hostage crisis was to Jimmy Carter. Keeping my fingers crossed!

You are wrong, Obama did call it act of terror, Skynews has played the clip over and over again.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by OzReal(m): 11:33am On Oct 18, 2012
justwise:

You are wrong, Obama did call it act of terror, Skynews has played the clip over and over again.

Yes he did call it an act of terror; what I meant was that Obama sidestepped the main question, which was about who made the decision to deny a request for enhanced security prior to the the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi. That was a very tricky question,although he did quite well in turning that question around and ended up making a fool out of Romney, who in fact made the mistake of not pressing the president on that particular question. Watch the video again on youtube from 1:06:45 mins and see what I'm talking about.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Fhemmmy: 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
CFCfan: Romney might outshine Obama in the last debate (which will on foreign policy)because he will have more time to further hit Obama on the administration's botched handling of the Libya attacks. Romney will do well to detail Obama's actions during the first 3 days after it was confirmed that the U.S. ambassador was killed.

I bet to disagree . . God and see how Romney has used his mouth to mess up few times against the some of the nations, remember his comment on the UK's Olympic preparations, he has no single experience on Foreign policy and Obama will bring him on his knees when it comes to foreign policies.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 by Freiburger(m): 6:52pm On Oct 18, 2012
olarge: Obama was a hit
Mitt had a fit
Obama used his wit, and
Mitt sunk in the pit
Mitt MUST quit grin
5likes grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Benjamin Netanyahu: 'We Will Finish The Job In Rafah' ( Video, Pics) / UN Staff Members Inspect The Remains Of Aid's Car Hit By Israel In Gaza / See Kim Yo Jong, Kim Jong Un Sister Running Fast With Bread (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.