Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,167 members, 7,838,991 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist (21194 Views)

Female Banker Was Caught For Stealing N15m, She Blames Evil Spirit (photo) / We Made Love The Day She Died – Arowolo / Pictures Of Mutilated Titi Arowolo- Horror! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Rooneyboy(m): 5:12pm On Oct 16, 2012
its a well known fact that women could be so annoying , but this kind of reaction is so unacceptable.
Pls the man seriously needs the attention of psychiatrists before he cause more harm to the people around him.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by eduson55(m): 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2012
its really horrible that a day shall not pass without a pathetic news from nigeria..
am shut of words dude
Fairgodwin: I hardly comment on NL, but in respect to what you just posted here, I must quickly add that my eyes and ears are already tired of the 'Nigerian News'.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Fogman(m): 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
Very unfortunate.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by BlueMurder(m): 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
76 stabs shocked!!! Subhanallah! The man demon's heart is surely made of granite.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by phreakabit(m): 6:44pm On Oct 16, 2012
Slimboy94:

RENOWNED Lagos pathologist, Professor John Oladapo Obafunwa, on Monday, while testifying as a prosecution witness in the ongoing trial of a youth pastor, [size=18pt]Akolade Arowolo[/size] who was alleged to have murdered his wife,

former member of staff of Skye Bank, Titilayo Omozoje, stated that during the autopsy, he discovered that the late banker had a minimum of 76 stab wounds that were inflicted on her by someone else.

Professor Obafunwa, who was being led in evidence by Mrs Olabisi Ogungbesan, the Lagos State Director of Public Prosecution before Justice Lateefa Okunnu of a Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja, testified that there was a concentration of stab wounds from her chest to her abdomen on the left side.

According to the pathologist, he conducted both external and internal examinations of the deceased’s body during autopsy, adding that he noticed multiple stab wounds and some incised wounds involving her chest, arm and abdomen.

He further revealed that during his internal examination of the body, he found various wounds consistent with wounds from sharp weapon with a single edge blade as well as a double edge blade.

The wounds, he stated, affected the left eye, right eye, upper chest area, right chest and the collar bone left armpit also included a 10 x 5cm rectangular area that has multiple individual injuries on the left side of her chest and bosom overlying the heart.

Professor Obafunwa, who supported his testimony with slides of pictures on a Compact Disc stated that the autopsy revealed a gaping wound which was revealed as a black hole in the chest region.

According to him, the chest wall was lost due to multiple stab wounds, there was a damage to the diaphragm, left side of the liver, bosom area and repeated stab wounds to the lungs and injuries.

The professor revealed further that his forensic investigations revealed that the injuries could not have been self inflicted as the penetration was from the chest to the back and there were stab wounds to the stomach wall.

The final result of the autopsy, according to him, is that the death was caused by multiple injuries in the chest and abdomen due to multiple sharp and long force trauma.

He also identified an alleged weapon which he confirmed was consistent with some of the wounds on the deceased’s body.

Speaking on his examination of the deceased’s husband, Professor Obafunwa stated that there were wounds on his hand and abdomen and he also had a limping gait which he admitted may be because he jumped to the ground from the fourth floor.

He, however, added that the 12 injuries he examined were not penetrating but superficial and two of them might fall into the category of defence wounds, though not all the injuries fall into the time frame the incident was said to have occurred as they might have been on the body earlier.

In reply to Olanrewaju Ajanaku, the defence counsel’s allegation that the pathologist was the one that inflicted the stab wounds on the deceased when the corpse was in his custody, he asked how he could do that when he was not insane.

The case was adjourned till October 22 for further hearing and the prosecution is expected to take its last witness.

Why these people too they kill them wives?. . . The rate is becoming alarming. This has to stop! I have a strong believe, infidelity has a huge role to play in this case as usual.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by sunboy(m): 6:47pm On Oct 16, 2012
The pathologist - Prof John Oladapo Obafunwa is the current VC of LASU, Ojo.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Airpure(f): 6:47pm On Oct 16, 2012
[b][/b]In reply to Olanrewaju Ajanaku, the defence counsel’s allegation that the pathologist was the one that inflicted the stab wounds on the deceased when the corpse was in his custody, he asked how he could do that when he was not insane.

Whoa Truly Sad. 76 times hmmmmmm.meanwhile how can his lawyers defense be dat d pathologist did d stabbing.

May her soul continue to RIP

1 Like

Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by SisiKill1: 7:05pm On Oct 16, 2012
naijababe:

This is an insensitive post, there's really no need for any chest beating or I told you so
Chest beating? How so??!!
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by bknight: 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
Lessons:

Stay away from aggressive partners. Abusive relationships are nnot worth it

Don't intentionally provoke ur partner to the point of aggression. Women with sharp mouth intentionally provoking their partner while shouting 'there's nothing u can do' should beware! Knowing in extreme aggression, u r vulnerable

As much as I'd say RIP, I hv no sympathy here
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by searay(m): 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2012
Stabbing 1,2,3...76 times? Na lie! At no. 40 him suppose tire. Pathologist, pls further your education.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by beebop(f): 8:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
Any monkey that said that "Women can be annoying etc" and TRYING TO JUSTIFY A WOMAN BEING STABBED as being annoying or evil, or nagging or something should go f.uck himself with a rusty knife.

KILLING your spouse is not justifiable

BEATING your spouse or girlfriend is not justifiable

MAIMING your spouse is not justifiable EVEN if you catch her in bed with your friend. LEAVE and maintain a clear conscience.

IF you do not like the behaviour of your spouse or girlfriend LEAVE before doing something regrettable.

VIOLENCE is not acceptable in any relationship. If this is something you can argue with, please don't bother. I can't believe some people here are trying to justify killing someone. DISGUSTING

6 Likes

Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by SELFWORTH: 8:44pm On Oct 16, 2012
They should bring back the death sentence in Nigeria. All those people commenting about a woman’s tongue have no idea until something like this happens to your sister, mother, cousin, friend etc. You are either ignorant or pure naive. The same goes for all those people taking naked pictures of victims instead of trying to get some form of assistance for them. It’s only in Nigeria that even the dead are not given any dignity. Even the animals in the zoo in other countries are treated better than we treat our fellow beings. Only Nigerians think they will live forever and that’s why they continue to enjoy their evil lifestyle. All those who disrespect the dead by taking gross naked pictures for their own self-gratification, plus the animal who did this to a creation of God plus all those who put comments here insensitively are no different from each other. Nigeria is the way it is because people find a way of justifying evil. A country that hates itself so much….sad cry

1 Like

Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by ismhab(m): 9:13pm On Oct 16, 2012
Christians are wicked, imagine pastor killing his wife, meaning he can killed the entire world, christianabad.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Chest beating? How so??!!

That I can walk away if I find myself in the same situation does not make think less of her because she couldn't.

1 Like

Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by SELFWORTH: 9:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
ismhab: Christians are wicked, imagine pastor killing his wife, meaning he can killed the entire world, christianabad.
This is a stupid comment. What do you mean "Christians are wicked"? It is not about religion but about human wickedness. There are evil human beings in every sphere of the society in every corner of the globe. Generalising them like this is pure ignorance.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by SELFWORTH: 9:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
bknight: Lessons:

Stay away from aggressive partners. Abusive relationships are nnot worth it

Don't intentionally provoke ur partner to the point of aggression. Women with sharp mouth intentionally provoking their partner while shouting 'there's nothing u can do' should beware! Knowing in extreme aggression, u r vulnerable

As much as I'd say RIP, I hv no sympathy here
This is a naive comment. I wonder whether you can take the life of another human being under the pretence of being "extremely" angry. If you can, then i guess your stupid comments are valid...I sometimes wonder what planet you Nigerians live on?
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Ivynwa(f): 10:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
76 stab strokes of jealousy, ignorance and trying to live up to the expectations of societal norms.
There is no rule that says that a man must earn more than his wife so a jobless man or a low earning man need not feel inferior, intimidated and jealous of a higher earning wife.

Let us be thinking twice when we do things because the society/our people appreciates it when it is done like that even when it is a wrong notion. There are many things the society expects from us that are senseless and wrong, a man does not need to beat his wife or be aggressive to show that he is the man of the house. A woman does not have to be dominated and treated worthlessly because she has to be that submissive wife. A woman is not only a baby factory and beast of burden for the family, she needs her husband's help at home too.etc

Jeez, that man vented the frustration in his life on the poor woman. He simply lacks self control and should not be let into the society lest he kills another.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by diamondboa(m): 10:30pm On Oct 16, 2012
Could this b true? If yes the man is insane .
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by ndukwejoe(m): 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
DEVIL THAT IS HIS STOCK IN TRADE
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by bknight: 11:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
SELFWORTH: This is a naive comment. I wonder whether you can take the life of another human being under the pretence of being "extremely" angry. If you can, then i guess your stupid comments are valid...I sometimes wonder what planet you Nigerians live on?

Selfworth, u may think this naïve but on d contrary, I have a very close relative in an abusive relationship. He beats her blue black but she never listens. She has three kids. Instead of being angry with the guy, I find my annoyance with my cousin. Frankly, its so bad now that I feel indifferent when she comes with all the marks. Family knows me, I'd not comment, I'd rather stay indifferent. What do they expect: this weekend "eyah...sorry, he will change...", next weekend "eyah...sorry, take heart", third weekend "eyah...sorry"? I'm not hypocritical, her actions annoy me.

In this lady's case, her father had encouraged her many times, almost forcing her for her own good. She thought otherwise and felt safer with the beast of a man. Over and over? When did she hope it will all stop?

Many women keep going back blindly to abusive relationships like crack addicts going back to crack after rehab.

The murderer should get the maximum punishments for such gruesome murder stabbing a fellow human 76times. Yes, but now take a while out to reason, should she have died? She waited till she got killed, now he gets executed...but does she come back alive?

Wetinnnnnnn!!!!!!! Dem say make married women nor get sense to perceive danger and act accordingly? angry
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by naijaforlife: 11:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
SELFWORTH: This is a stupid comment. What do you mean "Christians are wicked"? It is not about religion but about human wickedness. There are evil human beings in every sphere of the society in every corner of the globe. Generalising them like this is pure ignorance.

@ Selfworth. Thanks for the clarification. I sincerely wish that we take a closer look at issues from perpetrators' perspectives and not their religious or ethnic inclination. It would really be misleading to tag Christianity a bad religion just because Pastors: divorce or kill their wives (Benenoch, Okotie, and the pastor in question in this post), have their children impregnated outside of wedlock (TD Jakes), request for convenant partners (), burn or kill their brethens (Rev. King), perform fake miracles calling it business tricks (The Kogi Pastors)etc.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by bknight: 12:30am On Oct 17, 2012
I am responsible for what I type. I am not responsible for how you interpret. Stop manipulating people's emotions to garner sentiments for someone who blatantly refused all options to stay alive. Mko abiola chose to die than renounce his people-given mandate, should I cry for him? Yes I'll add ♍Ɣ voice to prosecute his captors but he ultimately decided his own fate.

I have read this thread from d beginning but didn't see anyone justifying this gruesome murder.

While some have spoken out from moral & emotional standpoints. And a few have been reasonable enough to use this case as a reference point for women to avoid abusive relationships with making sure they are not provocative knowing how vulnerable they can be.

Of course, many will not learn from her. Becos u are a marriage counselor in church, it'll be a shame to leave ur husband. In life and in death, u'd remain with him. Listen when u die, many will join mouth to make sure ur killer is sentenced accordingly but it won't bring u back!

Use ur head.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by tpia5: 12:48am On Oct 17, 2012
men, if you no wan do, dont do, for goodness sake.

no amount of explaining can solve this matter now.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 17, 2012
naijababe:

That I can walk away if I find myself in the same situation does not make think less of her because she couldn't.
Madam, Hold their hand to their death so they can go proudly as "Mrs" but do not force me to do the same.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 17, 2012
definitely a crime of passion.
this was very personal. undecided
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 17, 2012
funny how everyone is now calling the man evil, if Titi had survived and complained most people would have blamed her for beatings and abuse. telling her that she should get more sexy for her husband cook his favourite meal, kneel down whenever she talks to him, buy his ask his girlfriend what is her favourite colour so she can buy bed sheets for her matrimonial bed in that colour, in fact pay for the girls ante natal when her husband gets her pregnant.

No Titi is the poster girl for the endurance track race that is the abusive marriage path to death but the ultimate award is dying a MRS and not a divorcee.

Now her daughter will be pawned off to those looking for child househelps in the family section.

i'm tired of these stories - until you have been in an abusive relationship its very easy to blame the womans nagging - trust me waking up every morning terrified of what will happen that day is not life.

let me stop i'm getting annoyed - KMT
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 17, 2012
X
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by staaari: 8:00am On Oct 17, 2012
Shocking!!!!

Why is everyone already condeming the man as the killer??

76stabs will surely have blood splatter all over the place!

where is the picture of the blood splatter to be consistent with the stab wound?

Yes, the pathologist could have inflicted the wounds...the guy's lawyer was not there during the autopsy.

Let us have open mind... it can happen to anyone of us!

Point: It should be proven beyond ALL DOUBTS
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by avuekwe(f): 9:03am On Oct 17, 2012
I believe prof obafunwa's testimony(i think that is what it is called). He is a member of the board of directors of Nevada Forensic institute. I guess we find it had to believe because we've had few testimonies of medical examiners in the Nigerian courts. We will get there.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by ELVIKING(m): 10:03am On Oct 17, 2012
O God....76 times... My eyes have seen my ears...
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by SELFWORTH: 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2012
Stupid people. Did Christ ask anyone to follow human beings. He asked people to be imitators of Christ. Not of a pastor, bishop, evangelist, minister. All they do is worship money and all the doctrine of human beings instead of reading the bible themselves.They follow prosperity rather than righteousness ...The blind will lead the blind into the pit.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by megareal: 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2012
acidtalk:

Incompatibility in a marriage.
But unfortunately most ladies are too desperate to get married they don't mind marrying a Monster just to also use MRS with their names.
Some are too scared to come out of such marriage just because they bother themselves with what people will say about them instead of putting their safety and happiness first.

So sad.

Well said. That summarizes the reason for every crap most ladies go through.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suspected Nigerian Robber Brutalized In Liberia (Photos) / Abducted Boy From Ebonyi Found In Ondo State Roaming Around (Photos) / Two Nigerian Students Arrested In India For Selling Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.