Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

How Destructive Is Alcohol To A Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Destructive Is Alcohol To A Marriage? (1050 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. / What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Destructive Is Alcohol To A Marriage? by segunpc(m): 2:23pm On Jan 23, 2008
some say it doesn't matter why some say its dangerous to marriage .

lets hear ur view on this.
Re: How Destructive Is Alcohol To A Marriage? by TOYOSI20(f): 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2008
I personally believe that excessive alcoholism, is essentially the beginning of the end of any marriage.
Re: How Destructive Is Alcohol To A Marriage? by dimpules: 4:33pm On Jan 24, 2008
its destrustive to the person who is into it and eventually it destroys the marriage.

Depending on how you look at it.

Medically i think they say alcohol affects the liver when taken in excess. The liver gets affected and gradually death sets in. Yeah death is inevitable but when it happens due to our alcohol related issues then maybe you can say it affects a marriage.

A man who drinks and gets drunk is a nightmare. He will stink. Yuck!! no one wants a stinking man. He will fall asleep in the gutter on the road, he will fall asleep on the staircase, fall asleep naked in the parlour, etc. He may begin to beat up his wife when he is drunk. Dont forget that the kids will be watching all this. Now thats been destructive. It is also very embarassing.
Re: How Destructive Is Alcohol To A Marriage? by Seun(m): 4:34pm On Jan 24, 2008
Alcohol[b]ism[/b] is destructive.
Re: How Destructive Is Alcohol To A Marriage? by sistajay(f): 7:36pm On Jan 24, 2008
Alcohol ruins lives.
Re: How Destructive Is Alcohol To A Marriage? by Kaestro(m): 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2008
As much as it's true that alcoholism could be destructive,some cases are opposed to that fact.What if both couples are alcoholic? Well in my opinion it all depends on the personality of the abuser.I would say alcohol is as much of a danger to a marriage as dishonesty,promiscuity or even common attention.On a scale of 0-10 though it's I'd say 3.
Re: How Destructive Is Alcohol To A Marriage? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 25, 2008
There seems to be the typical african confusion over words here.

alcoholism refers to an addiction to alcohol. any addiction is destructive in the long run.

drinking alcohol and getting drunk occassionaly isn't destructive to a marriage( unless the guys does a mel gibson/ted kennedy anytime hes drunk.

that said- i don't drink, never have.
Re: How Destructive Is Alcohol To A Marriage? by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:47am On Jan 29, 2008
Over drinking and getting drunk can lead to a lot of problems in a marriage. e.g. a drunk husband might turn aggressive and into a boxing champion which might lead to a lot of quarrels,fights and problems.
Re: How Destructive Is Alcohol To A Marriage? by NaJaHaJe(f): 3:17pm On Jan 29, 2008
@topic

Anything in extremes is dangerous to health and relationships.

Alcohol in itself is not dangerous but if it is consumed in extremes or is used as solace from an underlying pain or difficulty within the marriage then IT IS VERY DESTRUCTIVE.

(1) (Reply)

Man Enough / How To Prevent Divorce In Your Marriage / Lagos: Man Sent To Prison For Failure To Marry Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.