Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV (10115 Views)

Mike Bamiloye Announces Launch Of MZTV, Nigeria's First Christian Movie Channel / Rattle Snake By Amaka Igwe / Amaka Igwe's Directing Workshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by lekanolas: 2:55pm On Oct 16, 2012
Q, Nigeria’s latest entertainment channel is set to commence airing on DStv. The new channel is set to provide viewers with exciting movies, thrilling dramas, inspiring documentaries, general interest programmes and much more.

Founded by multi-award winning hit filmmaker, producer and director, Amaka Igwe, Q is the first of its kind in the country and is positioned to be viewers’ one stop choice for original, exciting and entertaining television content.

In a statement issued in Lagos, today, the entertainment maven explained that the new channel was a lifelong dream of hers nurtured by her deep passion for the Nigerian entertainment industry.

"Q has been a long time coming. In my over 22 years of working with television, I have felt an enormous need for a platform that can adequately explore Nigeria’s enormous television potentials, one where content producers can truly call home". she added.

“Q is primarily a series channel which presents programmes in a serial format. All programmes on this channel will be in multiples, connected or in a stand alone format, spanning several weeks, a quarter, multiple quarters or a year and beyond”.

She further disclosed that Q will have over 80% original Nigerian content.
“This channel is actually historic in many ways, chief of which is the fact that this is the first time a reputable production company will be setting up a platform primarily for exhibition of productions. Most people who have started television channels in this country have often been technical or business oriented individuals, not experienced content producers".

"Well Q intends to fill that vacuum. For me, Q makes me feel doubly blessed. Not only do I get to entertain Nigerians -something I’m very passionate about- I also get to fulfill a lifelong debt: that of providing the very best of entertainment. I’m grateful that Q gives me the opportunity to pay that debt in full".

Q is owned by Q E-Networks Nigeria Ltd.

Amaka Igwe studied Education and Religious Studies at the Obafemi Awolowo University and is the C.E.O of Amaka Igwe Studios. She is also the brain behind the BOBTV, (Best of the Best TV) a yearly business and exchange platform for African content makers and content of African origin which holds in Abuja Nigeria. Some of her outstanding works include Violated, Rattlesnake, Checkmate, Fuji’s House of Commotion and A Barber’s Wisdom among many others.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/breaking-news/amaka-igwe-announces-launch-of-q-tv/
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by Afam4eva(m): 4:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
What happened to BobTv? I hope she doesn't choke us with "Fuji House" sha.
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by EzePromoe: 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
What's QTV?
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by DeGenius3(m): 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
really cool.
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ok...We are waiting.
Just keep giving us nice stuffs from QTV.
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by Afam4eva(m): 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2012
I just have to say that there are different people doing the same stuff. Why can't we have a station dedicated to Food in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by Kslib(m): 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2012
Good one,but do you really have programmes that will keep the viewers glued to this QTV.. Even the hyped africa magic dey show rubbish... Hope you will surprise your viewers..
BTW,the g-unit/g-squad/g-gang will be launching a new channel called "GTV.. Trust me,this channel is going to blow you away.. Till then

3 Likes

Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by Silva79(f): 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
afam4eva: I just have to say that there are different people doing the same stuff. Why can't we have a station dedicated to Food in Nigeria.
*rolling* where d garri community can converge

3 Likes

Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by peacettw: 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2012
afam4eva: I just have to say that there are different people doing the same stuff. Why can't we have a station dedicated to Food in Nigeria.
I totally agree!!! Just like Top Chef!
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by sophy09: 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2012
Eze Promoe: What's QTV?

Question Television

1 Like

Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by Iaz93: 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
Nice..cool..better..fresh..
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by Iaz93: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2012

Quadriplegic television
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:12pm On Oct 16, 2012

If you can think of it then you can do it.

Is there anything wrong if you go ahead and have your food network?

5 Likes

Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by Opoki(m): 5:20pm On Oct 16, 2012
lekanolas: Q, Nigeria’s latest entertainment channel is set to commence airing on DStv. The new channel is set to provide viewers with exciting movies, thrilling dramas, inspiring documentaries, general interest programmes and much more.

Founded by multi-award winning hit filmmaker, producer and director, Amaka Igwe, Q is the first of its kind in the country and is positioned to be viewers’ one stop choice for original, exciting and entertaining television content.

In a statement issued in Lagos, today, the entertainment maven explained that the new channel was a lifelong dream of hers nurtured by her deep passion for the Nigerian entertainment industry.

"Q has been a long time coming. In my over 22 years of working with television, I have felt an enormous need for a platform that can adequately explore Nigeria’s enormous television potentials, one where content producers can truly call home". she added.

“Q is primarily a series channel which presents programmes in a serial format. All programmes on this channel will be in multiples, connected or in a stand alone format, spanning several weeks, a quarter, multiple quarters or a year and beyond”.

She further disclosed that Q will have over 80% original Nigerian content.
“This channel is actually historic in many ways, chief of which is the fact that this is the first time a reputable production company will be setting up a platform primarily for exhibition of productions. Most people who have started television channels in this country have often been technical or business oriented individuals, not experienced content producers".

"Well Q intends to fill that vacuum. For me, Q makes me feel doubly blessed. Not only do I get to entertain Nigerians -something I’m very passionate about- I also get to fulfill a lifelong debt: that of providing the very best of entertainment. I’m grateful that Q gives me the opportunity to pay that debt in full".

Q is owned by Q E-Networks Nigeria Ltd.

Amaka Igwe studied Education and Religious Studies at the Obafemi Awolowo University and is the C.E.O of Amaka Igwe Studios. She is also the brain behind the BOBTV, (Best of the Best TV) a yearly business and exchange platform for African content makers and content of African origin which holds in Abuja Nigeria. Some of her outstanding works include Violated, Rattlesnake, Checkmate, Fuji’s House of Commotion and A Barber’s Wisdom among many others.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/breaking-news/amaka-igwe-announces-launch-of-q-tv/

@bolded: w@ a product!
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by Afam4eva(m): 5:25pm On Oct 16, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

If you can think of it then you can do it.

Is there anything wrong if you go ahead and have your food network?
I'm planning on something but definitely not a food channel. That's not my line.
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by samallaydyce: 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2012
Looks and the topic,open the page and sights the word DSTV,my minds tells me to get ready for price increase or else you are enabled to view this channel will pop up.welcome anyway
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by ocheejemb: 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2012
Its what the long ass original post was talking about in case u somehow missed it.
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by bros856: 6:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
Amaka Congrats!! BUT How does it profit a man or woman if you gain the whole world and lose your life. Bless with how many chlidren and who is the husband? After all those achievements. Nigerians always celebrate material things like positions, educational qualifications, assests, cars, etc. its wrong. What happen to the only title a woman needs (Mrs) that comes with God's blessings. Amaka pray and fufill the word of God in your life don't be carried away with Nigerian syndrone that has affected even our pastors.
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by Youngzedd(m): 7:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
Interesting.
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by ypzilanti: 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
bros856: Amaka Congrats!! BUT How does it profit a man or woman if you gain the whole world and lose your life. Bless with how many chlidren and who is the husband? After all those achievements. Nigerians always celebrate material things like positions, educational qualifications, assests, cars, etc. its wrong. What happen to the only title a woman needs (Mrs) that comes with God's blessings. Amaka pray and fufill the word of God in your life don't be carried away with Nigerian syndrone that has affected even our pastors.

Please hurry and propose to her. Mtcheeew. Did she make an announcement that she does not want to marry? Besides, was it ever mandated in the bible that everyone should? What kind of nonsense village man got access to computer key board biko nu?
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by chiboy11(m): 7:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
Plss I wil like 2open a tv studio like dis I don't kno if any body here can help me wit info 2go about it
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by chucky234(m): 8:55pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ahn ahn Afam,you too like food
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by datola: 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
chucky234: Ahn ahn Afam,you too like food

Nkita food?
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by zaza1(m): 9:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
bros856: Amaka Congrats!! BUT How does it profit a man or woman if you gain the whole world and lose your life. Bless with how many chlidren and who is the husband? After all those achievements. Nigerians always celebrate material things like positions, educational qualifications, assests, cars, etc. its wrong. What happen to the only title a woman needs (Mrs) that comes with God's blessings. Amaka pray and fufill the word of God in your life don't be carried away with Nigerian syndrone that has affected even our pastors.

I have seen a lotta trash on NL today but your comment tops it all..so she must marry to live up to your useless standards!...Women dey suffer sha
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by pek(m): 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2012
i pity your type. You wake up and write trash without one single fact. Who told you she is not married simply because she didnt put Mrs in front of her name. For your information, she is married to Charles igwe who is the CEO of Crystal Gold Ltd. This marriage is close to 20 yrs. In the entertaminnent industry, you dont use titles. So, get your facts straight before writing trash.
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by afroxyz: 9:42pm On Oct 16, 2012

So marriage is the 'fulfillment' of God's word in someone's life? If marriage was so important, why didn't Jesus marry? Besides I've never seen or read where marriage is a criteria for getting into heaven.
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
Abeg make una pity de guy, by now him go de regret why him come make a fool of himself here
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by AZeD1(m): 10:04pm On Oct 16, 2012
Pray to God to please give you small brain
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by Anyaugo1(m): 10:19pm On Oct 16, 2012
PLEASE HOW IS IT POSIBLE FOR us TO TALK MORE ON THIS 08034853234
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by mrperfect(m): 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
This is a welcome development.
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by kokoA(m): 10:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
eyah! Who do you dis tin naw?
Re: Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV by kabba7(m): 11:22pm On Oct 16, 2012
So in short she is married ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ has not been doing ANIMASHAUN with her thing as that dude try to insinuate ?
⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ for the free information

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Avatar: Way Of Water Free / Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos / Into The Badlands Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.